ZZTop- Majestic Theater, San Antonio

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Bill Hart, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bill Hart

Bill Hart Forum Resident Thread Starter

These were a couple of make-ups for shows cancelled last autumn when Dusty Hill injured his hip. These guys are classic and were in rare form. There's also something about seeing them in Texas- the Majestic is one of those glorious confections that got restored, has great acoustics and is just 'right' in size. The audience was obviously thrilled to hear all the old ZZ favorites. Billy did a ripping cover of Foxy Lady, and remains a tone monster in my book. He mostly played what looked like an early Goldtop, with the early style tailpiece. (For what it's worth, Frank Beard is a pretty terrific drummer, though you don't see much written about him). They are out on a fairly extensive tour right now, so if you have a hankering for some gritty, ZZ-style boogie and blues, you don't get much better than these three.

YouKnowEyeKnow likes this.
  2. Borgia

Borgia Do not speak wisely of this night

That's great, I love ZZ Top. I saw them in 1976, then about 5 years ago. Both times it was great & I wouldn't mind checking them out again.

YouKnowEyeKnow likes this.
  3. Complier

Complier Senior Member

I thought about going to either the Kirby Center or E Factory shows until I saw what tickets are going for. Yikes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.