Walking Dead on AMC (part 3)*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Apr 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

A resolution could be a cure/antidote, discovery of a population that didn't turn zombie because of genetic predisposition, etc. None of this would, necessarily, need to address the WHY the dead come back. All they'd need to do is show that there was a way to change that...

JimC and Shawn like this.
  2. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I don't disagree. They could simply say that some scientist f'ed up and leave it at that.

3. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

The end of the Walking Dead series:

[​IMG]

4. JL6161

JL6161 Forum Resident

I was glad to see Carol reappear and thrilled to see Michael Cudlitz join the cast -- he's always a good addition -- and the zombie apocalypse can't be any more harrowing than what the last season of Southland did to his character!

rogertheshrubber likes this.
  5. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O! Thread Starter

yes, he appears to be a great addition.

6. Vens

Vens Member

Just watched the last 3 episodes, pretty boring stuff. This is the most overrated show. I dropped it many times but always return to it somehow. Friend that reads comics told me that the ginger guy will be pretty cool but so far Im not seeing it.

7. Michael

what are you looking for in this show? I just watch each episode and go with it. So far I haven't been really disappointed.

8. Vens

Vens Member

Im looking for quality. The show is dragging all the time, I lost interest in most characters a long time ago and they are getting sloppy with the directing and lost all believability and attention to detail. First season was the best one by far.

GodShifter likes this.
  9. The quality is there the show just isn't for you.
    Not every show resonates with everyone.

Michael likes this.
  10. Michael

absolutely...TWD is not a show to look to deep into. It's just made for entertainment...if one tries to reason with it they will loose.

11. Vens

Vens Member

I love zombie movies yet The Walking Dead isnt for me? How come I liked it from the start? The quality dropped when AMC decided to cut the budget, fired the guy who created the show and decided they will milk it slowly for the long run. I still think the show has good moments here and there but as a whole its a mess. On the other hand, Telltale video game The Walking Dead has more fucused story and characters you actually care about.

Solaris likes this.
  12. guy incognito

guy incognito Senior Member

:agree: :thumbsup:

13. ChadHahn

ChadHahn Forum Resident

Maybe the end will be after watching the group getting killed by zombies over several episodes we see that last surviving member go down in a swarm of walkers.

I don't really understand the need to know the why. People generally don't know why the things that are happening are happening.

Chad

Michael likes this.
  14. Michael

even if we find out why it would not matter to me. It's just a fun show when they leave the ridiculous BS out of it...a typical ending would be they find a cure...and start all over again...boring. I want total eradication! now that would be a twist.

15. Liking zombies has nothing to do with whether the show is for you. There are plot developments that can occur with a series--sometimes for good and sometimes for bad--where members of the audience are lost because they wanted the series to go in a different direction.

In this case I would disagree with you about the quality of the show and the writing. It continues to be well done although the series did stumble a bit with the firing of Darabont.

Incidentally, Darabont didn't create the show--he did develop it from Robert Kirkman's comics but that is different than creating the series. The firing of Darabont was a mistake in my opinion and an indication of the massive ego of the head of the network but those that followed in Darabont's footsteps have done a fine job for the mot part of continuing to develop the series with last season being equal to the first season in quality.

Did they stumble during the second season? Absolutely but we also don't now how much of the story arc was developed by Darabont before he left nor do we know HOW Darabont would have developed the series over the long term.

Kirkman's continues to work on the show as a producer and writer.

I just don't see any evidence of "sloppy" writing and a lack of attention to detail. You mentioned that you lost interest in the characters a long time ago and that the action drags for you. It sounds like you are looking for a more conventional series with a lot more action whereas this show has become about the characters.

As I mentioned just because you have an interest in the subject doesn't mean it was designed to appeal to you per se.

chrischerm and agentalbert like this.
  16. Michael

I actually like the way the show is going...especially with the demise of previous characters of which bugged the crap out of me.

wayneklein likes this.
  17. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

For me, tonight's episode was the best so far this season.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
    chrischerm likes this.
  18. Michael

looking forward to watching it! the previews looked great last week.

19. chrischerm

chrischerm Forum Resident

When I saw the preview last week, for tonight's episode, I rolled my eyes a bit, thinking of a whole show with Beth. Glad I was wrong. Great start, some good gore, (Fore!!) and a surprisingly compelling episode. Talking Dead's 'In Memorium,' segment was pretty darn funny, if you watch that afterwards..

ssmith3046 and wayneklein like this.
  20. byrdman

byrdman Active Member

Oh boy, this has gotta be the weakest episode of WD I've ever seen. Not a single 'walker' was threatening, the acting was a notch down and for a story that involves only two characters, there was simply no chemistry between Daryl and Beth.

By the way, for a girl who'd never drank before, is it possible to suddenly crave for liqour in a post zombie apocalyptic world?

porpoise mouth likes this.
  21. Michael

I guess that world can drive someone to drink!

22. Balthazar

Balthazar Forum Resident

"My dad always said bad moonshine could make you go blind."

"Ain't nothin' worth seein' out there anymore, anyway."

Hilarious.

Great episode.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  23. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

She wasn't craving alcohol. She wanted to try getting a buzz on.

24. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

Agreed. I think that, feeling that world was collapsing around her and that the end might be soon for her, she wanted to try something that she hadn't tried before. It also ties into the loss of her father who was himself an alcoholic and who didn't allow her to try alcohol. Her desire to try alcohol was, to some degree, part of the mourning process.

Bender Rodriguez likes this.
  25. dead of night

dead of night Senior Member

Beth became the epitome of high maintenance in last night's episode. Putting herself and Daryl at risk so she could go out and find some booze somewhere. Then later, she ordered Daryl to take down the female corpse from the rope display.

Must keep Beth happy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.