The official "random Star Wars stuff" thread

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Rocker, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Turnaround

Turnaround Senior Member

Today (May 4) is Star Wars Day!

"May The Fourth Be With You"

ianuaditis likes this.
  2. sgtmono

sgtmono Seasoned Member

3. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member Thread Starter

Holy crap.... if that's legit, then it's beyond impressive!!! :goodie:

4. Rocker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bSZXucTH4A

Besides the absence of a railing, you'd think they'd also be concerned about the massive dose of radiation they must receive every time the Death Star fires its superlaser. :D

5. Turnaround

Turnaround Senior Member

6. Rocker

if you like the Lego Star Wars games, you might find this mildly amusing:

Master_It_Right likes this.
  7. mj_patrick

mj_patrick Senior Member

Old favorite of mine:

[​IMG]

S. P. Honeybunch and marke like this.
  8. marke

marke Forum Resident

A fan poster-

[​IMG]

9. Rocker

10. apileocole

apileocole Lush Life Gort

Simon A likes this.
  11. Rocker

I don't know why I just thought of this, but....

When I was a kid, there was one line in Episode IV (as the Rebels are approaching the Death Star) that I could never understand what the heck was being said.... maybe it was because of the actor's accent, but it sounded like one of the Rebel pilots was saying "luck ass falls in attack positions!" o_O

The actual line, of course, is "lock X-foils in attack positions!"... but man, that bugged me when I was a kid. (This was back in the pre-internet and pre-DVD days, so I had no way of figuring out the real dialogue). ;)

12. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

I always thought it was "lock S-4's in attack position!" I figured it was the X-Wing fighter wings they were talking about since they show the wings deploying, but for whatever reason, I thought, "Oh, the wings must be called S-4's."

Rocker likes this.
  13. Bewaremylove

Bewaremylove Forum Resident

It would be funny to see someone change that scene to have the officer order them to fire at the pod. After the pod explodes, show the end credits. LOL

guppy270 likes this.
  14. Bewaremylove

Hahahahah! I thought the same thing. The other thing I always thought was strange was Vader didn't know that Luke was his son until the Emperor revealed it to him.. I guess Vader didn't make the connection when reading the Galactic Times that young Luke Skywalker, nephew of Owen Lars, was the hero that destroyed the Death Star. LOL. Who know? Maybe Skywalker was common like Smith a long time ago...

15. Turnaround

Turnaround Senior Member

So that means the plan to hide Luke on Tattoine obviously worked!

See my post #66 in this thread that the idea of making Darth Vader to be Luke's father came about after Star Wars was made. And some of the revisionist stuff done to the films to retrofit this idea.

Bewaremylove likes this.
  16. SonOfAlerik

SonOfAlerik Forum Resident

I believe someone has. I remember seeing a video just like that. Probably on youtube.

Bewaremylove likes this.
  17. Bewaremylove

Correct. Duplicates of the laser discs, and also no anomorphic widescreen

18. Bewaremylove

Hey, there's no better place to hide something, than in plain sight! Minor quibbles aside, these movies meant the world to me growing up, and I still love them to this day. I even got my son into them.. Although I fear he wants to be a Sith lord more than a Jedi

19. Rocker

20. Rocker

One scene in The Empire Strikes Back that I always thought was a bit questionable was when the Falcon attaches itself to the back of the Star Destroyer and shuts down to avoid detection. Besides the fact that all of this is accomplished way too quickly (it's only about 2 or 3 seconds from the time the Falcon flies past the Star Destroyer's bridge until the officer reports that it "no longer appears on our scopes"), I've always thought it was quite a stretch for us to accept that the Falcon could really land on the rear of the bridge without anyone noticing. Wouldn't the Falcon at least be blocking some windows or something? That could've made a good joke in Family Guy's ESB parody... imagine an Imperial officer walking down a hallway on board the Star Destroyer and stopping to look out a window, only to find that it's blocked by something large and metal, and he just ignores it and goes about his business... :p

21. conception

conception Forum Resident

Han had prior knowledge of the ship design and knew where he could attach without being noticed.

S. P. Honeybunch likes this.
  22. Turnaround

Turnaround Senior Member

Happy Star Wars Day!

[​IMG]

23. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

24. Rocker

This is pretty cute:

25. FVDnz

FVDnz Forum Resident

For those of you that may be following Adywan's Revisited fan edits, go check out the latest preview clip on his Facebook page. It's of Luke's crash landing in Dagobah where a matte painting was replaced by actual tree models that Adywan built himself to further enhance the Dagobah set giving it some added depth. Also included was a large nobby white spider which never made it into the film. The spider was originally a design by the late Ralph MacQuarrie so Adywan saw fit to include the spider in there as a homage. Also included was a scene on the Executor between Darth Vader and newly promoted Admiral Piett. The clip is a comparison clip between the Bluray and his version. You'll find that Vader had no neck in the original version so an actor was hired to fix the subtle error.

Clip was posted in honour of May the 4th. Love the Star Wars Celebration reveals too. I really do hope that those unfinished Clone Wars arcs do get rendered somewhere down the track.

https://www.facebook.com/swrevisited?fref=ts