Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. captainsolo

captainsolo Forum Resident

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...d_t=101&pf_rd_p=1783042042&pf_rd_i=2921749011

Scooby Doo Where are You? Complete Series is the DOTW. $27.99 for the Mystery Machine boxset (2nd version with discs packaged in a case to prevent scratching like the first version) which is less than the price of the two separate volumes. 69% off.
    [​IMG]

The transfers are the best the series has ever had, far better than broadcast or VHS, and there's no HD release on the horizon.

2. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Thanks for the tip. I had some questions about what this set actually includes, but this review from the link you provided appears to clear it up:

"There is some false information in the reviews for this. First off, this box set is not missing any episodes of the series "Scooby Doo, Where Are You!" The "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!" series originally ran for two seasons, broadcast from 1969-1970. Both of those seasons are here, amounting to 25 episodes.

The success of the series lead to an hour-long series in 1972 called "The New Scooby-Doo Movies." This series is partially available on DVD, but is not included in this set.

Scooby-Doo returned in 1976 with 16 new half-hour episodes that were paired with another Hannah-Barbara show (Dynomutt, Dog Wonder) in a series called "The Scooby-Doo/Dynomutt Hour." The 16 episodes were later retitled "The Scooby-Doo Show" for reruns and are sometimes referred to as Season 1 of that series. These episodes aren't included, but are available separately.

In 1977, 8 more episodes were produced under a 2-hour package called "Scooby's All-Star Laugh-A-Lympics." These episodes were also rebroadcast as part of "The Scooby-Doo Show" and are referred to as Season 2 of that series. Scoobs also appeared in 16 30-minute segments of the "Laff-A-Lympics" series with other Hannah-Barbara characters. None of these episodes are in this set.

Which leads to 1978, when 16 more episodes were produced under the name "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!" 8 of these episodes were broadcast with the original series' opening and closing credits. When the lineup changed, the remaining 8 were aired under a package called "Scooby's All Stars." Like the `76 and `77 episodes, when these episodes were reaired, they were listed as part of "The Scooby-Doo Show" and are often referred to as Season 3 of that series, in addition to being known as Season 3 of the original series. These are also sometimes called the "lost" episodes. Since they were originally aired under the name "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!", Warner released them on DVD as the third season of the original series and included them in this set.

Based solely on the seasons that were produced under the name "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!", this box set collects those 41 episodes produced from 1969-1970 and 1978 and presents them as "The Complete Series." It's not a lie. It's not false advertising. It's just not a compendium of every Scooby-Doo series that ever existed, which is what some people think it is.

The packaging of this release is cardboard, but is fairly sturdy. It's definitely not a toy. A plastic version was previously made and has been out of print for a few years. That version housed the discs in cardboard sleeves, prone to scratching. In this release, all 8 discs are housed in an extra-wide DVD case, presenting them more securely than the previous release. This case fits nicely inside the drawer that slides out from the back of the Mystery Machine packaging.

If you're a big fan of Scooby-Doo, this is a nice way to collect all of the "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!" episodes. This is the original series and is still considered the best Scooby-Doo series ever made. If you're looking to collect every episode of Scooby animation that's ever been made, this won't be the last Scooby-Doo set you purchase."

PhantomStranger likes this.
  3. The success of the series lead to an hour-long series in 1972 called "The New Scooby-Doo Movies." This series is partially available on DVD, but is not included in this set.

And this is what many people will think of when they think Scooby-Doo. That series had them meeting celebrities and teaming up with Batman, for instance. It has its own DVD set.

4. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

black sheriff and tyler928 like this.
  5. Scocam

Scocam Forum Resident

Good find! Ordered! Thanks!

6. tyler928

tyler928 Forum Resident

7. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

8. LSP2003

LSP2003 Senior Member

stereoptic likes this.
  9. JimW

JimW In the Process of Becoming

PhantomStranger likes this.
  10. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

If anyone knows whether there are counterfeits of these BluRay boxes around, it would be good to know...If there are, there's a good chance those are being sold by the 3rd parties on Amazon...

jsayers likes this.
  11. JimW

How would one know if they got a counterfeit?

12. JimW

Just checked the listing and now Amazon's own listing is for $53.48. Must be way overstocked.

13. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

That's not amazon, it's a third party... And not a very good one...

14. It's simple overstock, I bought a set last week. Distributors hate having to hold onto bulky box sets that haven't sold as much as they hoped.

15. Galaga King

Galaga King "Drive where the cops ain't"

12 hours later, back up to $102.56. :realmad:

16. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Again, NOT Amazon, but a Third Party Seller. :doh:

17. Dwayne

Dwayne Forum Resident

They were $320 when they came out!

18. captainsolo

captainsolo Forum Resident

I just found this in my local Walmart while passing the video section. After picking up the original set, I had thought about adding the Movies set when it dropped in price. Online it's around $42. In the store it was $19.99. With an old gift card I had that made it $14 so I splurged.

19. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

20. Scocam

Scocam Forum Resident

Great find! Ordered! Thanks!

black sheriff likes this.
  21. Jeff Edwards

Jeff Edwards Senior Member

Thanks from me as well.

22. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

This one's up to $17.22 now. Hope a few of you were able to pick it it up for $8.54. Mine just arrived today.

Jeff Edwards likes this.
  23. Scocam

Scocam Forum Resident

Mine should arrive today! Thanks again!

24. Jeff Edwards

Jeff Edwards Senior Member

Mine a
    Mine arrived today too. Thanks again for the link.

25. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

JLab JBuds J5 Metal Earbuds Style Headphones

[​IMG] $59.95 $9.99

Link: http://amzn.com/B005VEZ58C

• The 5th anniversary model of the best-selling JBuds line
    • Ergonomically engineered for a soft, ultra comfortable fit
    • Incredibly smooth wide range titanium micro drivers
    • All aluminum construction with four footKevlar reinforced cable and rugged, firm flexing joints
    • Includes four different sized tips, cable clip, and JLab's world-class warranty and service
    • Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.

Last edited: May 9, 2014