Grace Jones - Nightclubbing Deluxe Edition - April 2014

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by j1804, Feb 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. j1804

j1804 Forum Resident Thread Starter

I think this is one of the very rare cases where I will play the bonus disc more than the main album. All those extended versions are just brilliant.

noahjld and Tim 2 like this.
  2. Tim 2

Tim 2 MORE MUSIC PLEASE

Good to know , the original is one of my favourites. I'll put it on my must have list. Thanks.

3. Carl Hoffmann

Carl Hoffmann Senior Member

Just ordered the blu-ray from Amazon.uk. That was the best price I found for the blu-ray version. Love the Compass Point Sessions compilation so looking forward to the possibility of upgraded sound quality on this remaster.

4. stem

stem Forum Resident

The positive reports here are beginning to tempt me. I would probably be drawn to the vinyl version.
    I already have the original (UK) vinyl, which I have always considered great sound quality.
    Is anybody here in a position to compare the new vinyl version with the original ?

5. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

Positive reports on the sound of a UMG Deluxe Edition in 2014...never thought I'd see the day. Now we need to follow that momentum with Stevie Wonder Deluxe Editions...

6. RoyalScam

Now that I've seen the credits, I'll edit myself and say: Positive reports on the sound of a UMG Deluxe Edition MASTERED BY KEVIN REEVES...never thought I'd see the day!

7. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

Anyone know what is going on with the vinyl? I ordered it from Juno and -- as usual when ordering from them lately -- it came damaged (story for another thread, I think). I was planning on ordering from Amazon UK, but it doesn't appear to be available from them, and they have the following note on the item page:

This product is not currently offered by Amazon.co.uk because a customer recently told us that the item he or she received was not as described. We are working to resolve this as quickly as possible. In the meantime, you may still find this product available from other sellers on this page.

8. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

I had that message with something else a couple of years ago. It disappeared after a couple of days. They never explained it.

9. gloomrider

gloomrider Well-Known Member

10. brokenhanger

brokenhanger Well-Known Member

There's also a single-disc remaster of just the album and that is what this appears to be. (It lists 1 disc in the product info halfway down the page.)

11. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

importcds has the deluxe edition for $17.33 and is IN STOCK!!

12. gloomrider

Thanks for this. I just ordered it. Why is it that I seem to be buying more CDs lately? :confused:

RoyalScam likes this.
  13. ippudo

ippudo Forum Resident

I just received my copy and I'm absolutely stunned - so much detail!
    Definitely one of the better remasters. The second disk is outstanding.

14. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Worth buying for Me I Disconnect From You alone. FOUR versions of Pull Up To The Bumper is a bit much for listening in the car. ;)

15. ippudo

ippudo Forum Resident

Yes, a bit excessive - the US Party Mix is my favourite. "If You Wanna Be My Lover" is yet another gem.

16. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Peanut Butter should have in brackets (WARNING: Yet ANOTHER Version of Pull Up to the Bumper) :p

17. KariK

KariK Forum Resident

Guys, I trust your reports. I just ordered blu-ray version. I checked the youtube link and "Me! I Disconnect From You" is exellent.

18. gloomrider

Just got this today. Many kudos to the OP for putting this on my radar! The remaster is delicious and the bonus 12 inch versions are intoxicating!!!

19. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

I love the bass on some of those extended mixes on disc 2, especially I've Seen That Face Before and Walking In The Rain. Great, bouncy runs. :agree:

20. RoyalScam

I have to say this again...this is a thread I will have to point to the next time someone (including me) complains about Kevin Reeves as a mastering engineer.

21. Izozeles

Izozeles Pushing my limits

I couldn't wait for a Amazon US release so I hit the UK button. This is one of my favorite albums ever

22. JDS77

JDS77 Member

Hello i'm new on here but wanted to post about this...

I just bought the vinyl version and I have to agree that it's a great reissue and the sound is amazing. However i'm a little disappointed with the quality of the vinyl discs themselves, as they're covered in what look like finger prints (and the second disc was pretty dirty also, though i've managed to clean it up somewhat). I was wondering if anyone else has this problem? I notice someone on Amazon had exactly the same experience so i suppose i'm not alone, so i'm wondering whether it's worth exchanging it for another copy at the risk of getting something even worse (the sound doesn't seem to be affected - it sounds great except for the occasional crackle).

On a positive note, after i entered the code to download the free MP3 files, it actually downloaded the full 24-bit Hi-Res WAV file version, which was a nice surprise as i was hesitating between the vinyl and the Hi-Res download (to have both for 25 euros is great!)

23. ParanoidAndroid

ParanoidAndroid Forum Resident

I haven't bought the vinyl so can't comment but it's interesting you got the 24 bit files included. Do you think it's a mistake or are they advertising it as the hi-res downloads being included? Where did you buy it from and how do the files sound?

24. Izozeles

Izozeles Pushing my limits

I just received the double cd version and I´m very pleased. I´m particulary fond of the 12"version of Walking in the Rain. This album just sweats class

25. BlueGangsta

BlueGangsta Forum Resident

The second disc is amazing. I've even made a playlist with what I believe to be the definitive configuration for Nightclubbing.

1. Waling In The Rain [12" Version]
    2. Pull Up To The Bumper [12" Version]
    3. Use Me [Long Version]
    4. Nightclubbing
    5. Art Groupie
    6. I've Seen That Face Before [12" Version]
    7. Feel Up [Extended Version]
    8. Demolition Man [12" Version]
    9. I've Done It Again
    10. If You Want To Be My Lover
    11. Me! I Disconnect From You

God, I hope they give Warm Latherette, Living My Life and the complete version of Slave To The Rhythm the same treatment!

Max Florian and pghmusiclover like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.