DCC Archive Can anyone name this song?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Kym, Nov 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kym

Kym Former Resident Thread Starter

A few years ago, someone wrote to the British Q magazine asking what 70's song had these lyrics:

"Oh jungle people,
    we're so happy people..."

Can anyone name this song? It's driven me nuts for years now...

Thanks!
    Kym

2. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

As long as the DCC "computers" (NOT no-noise computers, thank you very much!!) are working on Kym's request, I have one that's been driving me batty since the '70's. Actually Dave may know this....

This came out at the same time that "Hocus Pocus" by Focus came out. Saw both bands on a Canadian TV show here in Canada. The chorus lyrics are:

"...come and see me here my friend,
    before it's too late, (it's too late)..."

May be an obscure Canadian Group from the prairies. Or further out West. Don't think it charted very high. Sorta a love song.

Sorry, Kym, to ...errr... "butt in" on your parade! Hope you don't mind!

3. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity

Soulful Dynamics - Jungle People

Dave, jh901 and ad180 like this.
  4. Scocam

Scocam Forum Resident

And it only took 13 years! Congrats! :)

5. OneStepBeyond

OneStepBeyond Senior Member

I just found the other one (I think. But this doesn't sound 1972 one little bit, or does it? I dunno.... )

Again, 13 years later! :D

Surely you found this before long though. I know if it took me 13 weeks to find the answer to any song- it'd put me in the funny farm!:shh:

No You Tube back in 2001 though, of course.

Gary likes this.
  6. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

This could very well be it! The version I heard on TV appeared to be not quite finished, this version has a different ending and is more polished with more instruments in it. I remember that the TV version didn't have the ending worked out, they just sang "it's too late, it's too late...." and trailed off into silence. The audience didn't realize it was finished. The announcer (I think) went "Hey" and started clapping and then the audience clapped, too.

Mood jga Jga?!?!? No wonder I don't remember the name! They would have announced it and I would have said "what?" :confused:

:laugh:

You, sir, are amazing! Many thanks!!

OneStepBeyond likes this.
  7. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

This has some commentary words. Now I'm sure this is it!It's the right era, the TV show could have been from somewhere out west. Winnipeg had (still has, actually) a great music scene!

Images of central Canada, Agassiz basin, to one great old song by one of my favourite bands to come out of the old Winniepg music scene.
    Back in the 70's, my friends in the 'Peg had told me about this cool album with a picture of the boys (Greg Leskiw, Herman Fruhm, Gord Oslund and Bill Merritt) overlooking the CP rail yards in Winnipeg. I ran to Fairview and asked the guy in the record store if he had it and he looked at me kinda funny and pointed me to the M's. (what the hell is a Mood Jga Jga anyhow?) And there it was - it was like I struck gold I tell ya, gold!

Amazing. After all these years....

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2014
  8. OneStepBeyond

Well, that's very kind of you Gary- but all I really did was to Google parts of the lyrics you supplied in the quotes (out of curiosity really..) and then this You Tube video appeared so I clicked on it.

And the rest, as they say - is history! After all this time though- I'm probably just as amazed as you are. :D

9. Wow, that was one for the Cold Case Unit. :D

rxcory, Thurenity, reb and 2 others like this.
  10. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

It was uploaded in 2011, I posted that question in 2001. So if I had checked every day for 10 years..... well, no way I could do that! But thanks for reviving this thread!

11. Further

Further Forum Resident

As a side note, prior to forming Mood Jga Jga, guitarist/vocalist Greg Leskiw was a member of The Guess Who and played on the albums Share The Land, So Long, Bannatyne and Rockin'.

12. OneStepBeyond

You're giving me more credit than I deserve, that was Synthfreek who answered the 1st query here. :)

Synthfreek likes this.
  13. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

How did you dredge up this thread? Or is that why? I'm gobsmacked to see something so ancient revived :)

14. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

No google or YouTube in 2001 lol ;)

15. elborak

elborak Forum Resident

No YouTube, certainly, but Google was definitely around before 2001.

John54 likes this.
  16. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

Maybe it didn't work quite so well as it does now? Even if I enter "mouse farts" I'll get pages of links lol ;)

17. mrob0000

mrob0000 Forum Resident

'Cool Tune!

18. OneStepBeyond

That's what I found too.. :laugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.