Led Zeppelin Super Deluxe boxsets Price Tracker

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by mick_sh, May 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond Thread Starter

2. JohnBeas

JohnBeas Forum Resident

It will be interesting to see if Amazon drops their price below $114.11 (the lowest so far). Its been almost 2 months since I pre-ordered and I haven't seen any significant reduction in price. I'm hoping to see them drop to around $100 each before release.

Clanceman likes this.
  3. vinylbuff

vinylbuff Forum Resident

They are $102.97 at bullmoose.com right now. I had them preordered but canceled them, then I reordered the Led Zep I single lp and the II and III deluxe lp versions.

Jack and Tjazz like this.
  4. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I finally bit the bullet and pre-ordered all three at Amazon, but I really hope there is a price drop to below $100 each before it ships.

JohnBeas likes this.
  5. rswitzer

rswitzer Forum Resident

Music Direct has them on sale for $115 - 10% with code "MAYSALE" so that's $103.50 with free shipping.

6. Jack

Jack Senior Member

I cancelled Amazon and went with Bull Moose. The price is lower, shipping is free, they package very well, and they don't charge your card til they ship. It's all good!

Davidmk5 and MartyTem like this.
  7. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

The prices of these are strangely stable on Amazon. I may have to go with Bull Moose.

8. waxtomcat

waxtomcat Forum Resident

Amazon tends to fluctuate less once you get reasonably close to release date. From my experience you have to preorder months in advance in order to get the really low prices, but even that seems to be occurring less frequently. It used to be that typically they would make a late adjustment right before or right after the release in order to price match with other retailers, but with practically no one offering sale pricing on new releases anymore - or even carrying many new releases for that matter - that seems to have disappeared as well.

As a side note, I have had all three two-disc sets preordered since day one, and although the prices have dropped on all three, the price on I and II seems set on $12.99, while III is higher at $13.99. The extra dollar must account for the extra production costs due to the little wheel and spindle. I wonder if the DE of Physical Graffiti will include the die-cut windows.

9. tmtomh

tmtomh Forum Resident

Strange - mine are each showing 89 cents higher - $13.88 for I and II, and 14.88 for III.

10. waxtomcat

waxtomcat Forum Resident

My mistake - you're right. I just remembered that III was higher, and I thought it was unusual.

tmtomh likes this.
  11. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond Thread Starter

JohnBeas likes this.
  12. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Who has the best price on the deluxe vinyl sets?

E.Baba likes this.
  13. E.Baba

E.Baba Forum Resident

I advise against preordering (or backordering) with Importcds. Hasn't worked for me. Sometimes the don't even have a thing that's listed as in stock.

tmtomh likes this.
  14. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

Preorders are no problem with importcds but ordering from just about any site that shows it as backordered especially on an item known to be OOP is a waste of time.

15. LarryT

LarryT Forum Resident

Barnes & Noble has a deal ... buy 2, get 1 free..... so all 3 deluxe vinyl sets, come to a total of $80.98 (w/free shipping).

16. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Will B&N deliver on day of release ?

17. jcure

jcure Forum Resident

Not according to my order: "Pre-ordered items are shipped on the scheduled release date."

Also shows June 3 shipping date.

18. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

Today only
    Deepdiscount w/HEAT coupon
    About $90 for each for the box sets, free shipping.

tmtomh likes this.
  19. Lebowski

Lebowski Hey, careful man, there's a beverage here!

Pardon my ignorance, but what's a HEAT coupon?
    Thanks.

20. tmtomh

tmtomh Forum Resident

HEAT is just the code you enter in at checkout in order to activate the discount.

21. SpinningInfinity

SpinningInfinity Forum Resident

at deep discount with the promo code "ROSIE" you can get both of the new pre-orders for Houses of the Holy and IV for under $200....not too bad...right now I am at $196 for the pair.

tmtomh likes this.
  22. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

Wow! Missed that by a year. How often do they have this deal?

23. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

Any good deals on these lately?

24. Lebowski

Lebowski Hey, careful man, there's a beverage here!

There was a good deal on Popmarket a week or two ago but it's over.

25. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

Ah yes, I forgot to refer to that one. I saw that in an e-mail. Stumbled and fell, though!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.