Beatles Mono VINYL Box Set - 8th September 2014 Release Date (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by hodgo, Jun 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

I have no room for that big honkin box, that's why I got rid of the stereo one. I will buy all of the individual albums except for PPM, since it's a fold down.

2. Joe Spivey

Joe Spivey Forum Resident

Pretty new to this forum and mono records for that matter. I had picked up a RSD mono release of the July s/t album and noticed less than desirable 'surface noise' Didn't think much of it until reading this thread. I was excited to give the Y Cable a shot to see what would happen. Wow, I was totally amazed how it cleaned up the sound! Eliminated all the noise I was hearing before.

Gotta say thanks to everyone on the forum who mentioned it hear! Also, it's been great reading and learning from everyone on here. Huge asset to someone like me who is new to vinyl.

The Beatles are one of my favorite bands and it's been great to see everyones reaction and excitement over this all analog mono set. My listening experience with them over the years has been primarily old CDs. Looking forward very much to hearing these new albums - pre order completed today!

supermd, SteevG, Maidenpriest and 3 others like this.
  3. Dinstun

Dinstun Forum Resident

Was there anything "fixed" on the 2009 CDs that will re-appear on the new vinyl?

4. Barnabas Collins

Barnabas Collins Senior Member

Yesterday I pre-ordered the mono box from Amazon and today I put in for a few days off the week of September 8th. How sick is that? :D

5. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

They took off that annoying countdown that starts the first album.

6. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

Me too. I ordered with the same day of release delivery and put in for vacation on delivery day and the next day too.

action pact and Barnabas Collins like this.
  7. MMM

MMM Forum Hall Of Fame

Not a fold down. Some may call it that due to it only being from a 2 track tape, but I've never understood it to be a 50/50 combining of the channels with no further processing (which is what a fold down would be). They didn't just hit a "mono button"! :)

What I'd really like to hear, though I'm not sure if which exist, and wouldn't be authentic to the original release, are the "Delta Mono" tapes done "live" where possible:

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threa...beatles-has-arrived.91522/page-9#post-2037246

rangerjohn likes this.
  8. nightenrock

nightenrock Forum Resident

Even coming right out of your turntable?

9. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Amazon Germany price has dropped 3€.

10. riknbkr330

riknbkr330 Senior Member

I had the same feeling back in 1987 when the first Beatles' CDs were released. Primarily old "Apple LPs" were my listening experience then.:D

11. matt0505

matt0505 Forum Resident

I took my first look at the individual albums on the US Amazon and noticed that the Mono Masters is priced at $77.51. Wow.

12. 3 LPS. Thats what Neil Young charges for his double LP sets :tiphat: I know, I can't leave it alone....

DmitriKaramazov likes this.
  13. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

I don't understand . Please Please Me a fold?

14. matt0505

matt0505 Forum Resident

I know 3 LP's means a higher price, but I did get Live at the BBC volumes 1 and 2 for about $40 each last year. Those are 3 LP's each. I understand why Mono Masters would be more but it's not that much ONLY because it's 3 LP's.

15. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Not a true fold, please let's not add misinformation to so much misinformation! :^)

Dugan, Matt Starr and rediffusion like this.
  16. That's the list price but I bet you'll be able to get them for around 59 or so. Maybe.

John Bliss likes this.
  17. Drewzel

Drewzel Forum Resident

Which mix contains this 4-3-2-1 count-in? :winkgrin:

mrjinks likes this.
  18. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

No.

19. googlymoogly

googlymoogly Forum Resident

I sincerely hope you're right.

20. Stone Turntable

Stone Turntable Independent Head

What can I say? My cable management sucks.

Now that I've trumpeted that I'm too lazy/messy to Y-connect for mono, I'm seriously considering it.

21. matt0505

matt0505 Forum Resident

I understand entirely, once something like that starts getting away from you it's really hard to correct it. You have the intention of doing it, you know it would be a really good idea, but then you actually go behind and take a look at it and it's a "Good lord, screw that" moment. It's just such a mess to look at and the thought of what it takes to go back and fix it is just painful.

Fortunately for my setup the way I have it now while my cable management certainly isn't anything great, my phono preamp and the inputs to my receiver where they go are pretty easily accessible so I wouldn't feel inconvenienced to switch it up for the mono vinyl.

22. howlinrock

howlinrock Forum Resident In Memoriam

I hear that. I never bought the stereo LP box since I own the original albums and CD's Some I have double copies. Some of the monos would be nice to own. I have two rooms full of boxes a third of them I've hardly ever play. At my age It's time to start having instead of acquiring. :)

superstar19 and aoxomoxoa like this.
  23. Maidenpriest

Maidenpriest Setting the controls for the heart of the sun :)

I prefer the eine, zwei, drei, vier count in :)

Drewzel and Simon A like this.
  24. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

Right. Makes no sense to avoid the mono of this

25. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

My mistake. Guess I'll play the mono version tonight and see how it sounds. It's been a while.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.