£650K Audio Note all-analog hi-fi sound system @ Sonisphere.

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by motorcitydave, Jul 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. motorcitydave

motorcitydave Enlightened Rogue In Memoriam Thread Starter

jacden, raferx, bhazen and 1 other person like this.
  2. raferx

raferx Forum Resident

Classic Album Sundays has always been a great idea, and they do it well. Nice to see them switch-up from B&W speakers...

motorcitydave likes this.
  3. Jim T

Jim T Forum Resident

They need to send Warren Buffett an invite. The reason for doing something is NOT just because you can.

Hopefully a nice $1k to $2.5K computer fed system should be shown. That is where most young people might land starting out.

4. Radiotron

Radiotron Tube Designer

You say Classic Album Sundays, I see Colleen. There, I said it.

raferx likes this.
  5. Scott Wheeler

Scott Wheeler Forum Resident

I just read their description of their Turntable TT-3. It would be interesting to hear it. I have to say though that there is a lot of B.S. about physics in that description. I tend to see that as a red flag.

hvbias likes this.
  6. wgriel

wgriel Forum Resident

I don't doubt they've stated a lot of mumbo-jumbo, but I have heard the TT-3 and in my opinion it was breathtaking. Of course, I have limited experience with turntables in that league so my opinion should be taken with a grain of salt.

7. Scott Wheeler

yeah, I wouldn't pass judgement on the table without hearing it first. But I find technical BS to be annoying.

wgriel likes this.
  8. motorcitydave

I see your point. However, exposure to a system like this is never a bad thing, imo. Of course they won't be able to start out on it, but it shows them that high end audio isn't bs to an extent. Among other things. The demo is everything!

raferx likes this.
  9. motorcitydave

Yeah, I agree, and something like that should go down here in 'Murica. Although the US is not nearly as hifi-centric as the UK.

raferx likes this.
  10. raferx

raferx Forum Resident

Who cares about Warren Buffet?

11. raferx

raferx Forum Resident

That could be a contentious point, BUT, I agree with you to a degree, I'm all UK-built in my setup except for my Sutherland, which is of course built in the U.S. of A. and sounds de-lovely, and my DH Labs cabling. Alas, I'n on the hunt for an EAR 834P which would put me back in an all UK camp except for the cables...

12. motorcitydave

Thanks. Well, what I meant is the people over there are more into hi-fi than the people here for the most part. We have some of the best equipment in the world built here in the US, but most of it goes to Asia and Europe.

raferx likes this.
  13. raferx

raferx Forum Resident

Awww, c'mon! The same can be said for the Brits, look at Harbeth. Most of their product goes to the Far East as well. And, well, pound-for-pound, I bet the US audiophiles are just as dedicated as their UK counterparts! :cool:

14. kfringe

kfringe Well-Known Member

Hell, Jim. When I was twelve, I was ogling Dodge Vipers and Lambos at the auto show. I still can't afford either, but they got me to love cars. I promise you that a Yugo and a Hyundai Excel wouldn't have managed that.

Stunts are awesome. Everyone should enjoy a good, silly stunt.

I'm just bummed that I won't get to hear "Fat of the Land" and "Reign in Blood" cranked on that bad boy. I'm especially bummed about the Slayer. ANUK is *made* for metal.

15. motorcitydave

Exactly. Thanks for that.

16. motorcitydave

Yeah, true. I was referring to the general public more than people that are already audiophiles. :D

kfringe and raferx like this.
  17. ROLO46

ROLO46 Forum Resident

What did happen to that B&W PA rig posted here recently?
    Surely this AN system could not compete at a public venue.

18. Mad shadows

Mad shadows Forum Resident

Wonderful - people get a possibility to experience what a top notch system does whit music.:)

I would like to listen to when they play Reign i blood - I guess it will be a very intense experience.

19. Bill Hart

Bill Hart Forum Resident

The whole concept of this is cool, whether or not they are using over the top gear. I've read about this woman, she seems pretty cool. I gather she has been here in the States for presentations as well.

20. raferx

raferx Forum Resident

Why not? It's usually set-up in smaller, more living-room sized spaces. Not a lot of people, if I recall correctly only about 20 or 30 usually, or they have it in smaller pub or gallery spaces.

This is just a random example of what they usually do:

http://classicalbumsundays.com/cas-presents-roxy-music-avalon/

21. raferx

raferx Forum Resident

22. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Wow, I have close to that same set up here right now.

kfringe likes this.
  23. Scott Wheeler

Maybe you should have a listening party. :angel:

24. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

Do you run the IoLtd cartridge.

Interesting design:

"IoLtd requires tonearm with extra 2 wires (6 wires in total) for DC power for energized field. It may require re-earthing of tonearm to avoid hum.

Due to the extremely low output, we do not recommend the use of active moving coil stages for any of the Audio Note cartridges, as they do not offer the linearity and general noise level necessary to get the best yield from the Io cartridges, this requires a transformer."

25. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

I have the TT-2 here, MM. Peter doesn't like the MC sound..

utahusker likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.