The "Collectible CDs Left on the Shelves - Help SHFites Out!" Thread

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Oatsdad, Mar 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

Half-Price Books in Monroevile, PA (suburb of Pittsburgh) had the WG target of The Cars Heartbeat City in smooth case. $3.99 - less if you have this week's coupon. I passed as the condition isn't as good as the one I have, but I definitely would have gotten it if I didn't have it already.

2. mdm08033

mdm08033 Senior Member

Greetings from rainy south Jersey,

Left in the bins of Tunes in Voorhees,

The Doors Alive She Cried Target made in West Germany, in a smooth sided case $23

Paul Simon Hearts And Bones Target made in West Germany, in a smooth sided case $9. This one is a shlf queen with an exceptionally clean jewel case.

Cheers, Michael

3. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever Thread Starter

Since Tunes is increasingly going toward "collector's prices", I wonder how many of those more-expensive-than-usual titles they're actually selling.

At $7 or so, I pick up the Doors target. At $23 it sits on the shelf.

PREX has dropped prices on most of their targets, and I have to assume it's because they weren't selling at the prices they asked - even though those prices were actually fair market. Their Japan "Harvest" target started at $50 but dropped to $20 before it finally sold...

mdm08033 likes this.
  4. mdm08033

mdm08033 Senior Member

I'll keep an eye on it. They only appear to do this very selectively. I've seen collector pricing on out of print, not necessarily Targets. I heard the owner direct a staffer when it's an uncommon, but in print title, to price higher.

That said, Alive She Cried is oop. I guess I contributed to the higher price when I bought their last copy for $20. But I'm glad I waited out the $60 for a Capitol Wings Over America and picked it up for $17.

Tjazz likes this.
  5. Oatsdad

No way they should've been charging $60 for a Capitol "WOA". Columbia? Sure - that one's actually rare. Capitol copies aren't anything special in collector's terms, IMO...

6. 80sjunkie

80sjunkie Forum Resident

Left Japanese Targets of Nightfly and Stop Making Sense at Half Price in Plano, TX on Preston. Already had them.

7. mdm08033

mdm08033 Senior Member

How much was the Nightfly Target?

8. LordThanos1969

LordThanos1969 Forum Resident

LOL, I left them there too!

80sjunkie likes this.
  9. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

Have them too!

10. mdm08033

mdm08033 Senior Member

Greetings from overcast south Jersey,

Still in the bins of Tunes in Voorhees,

The Doors Alive She Cried Target made in West Germany By PolyGram, in a smooth sided case $23

Paul Simon Hearts And Bones Target made in West Germany By PolyGram, in a smooth sided case $9. This one is a shelf queen with an exceptionally clean jewel case.

Cheers, Michael

11. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

I just saw one of these at the Half Price Books in Monroeville (suburb of Pittsburgh). $5.99. Not a smooth case & probably not in as good of condition, but not bad.

12. Adam9

Adam9 Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй.

Sealed Face To Face Deluxe Edition $24.99 at Pandemonium in Toronto. Also Hot Rocks 1 and Hot Rocks 2 are still there, $14.99 each.

mdm08033 likes this.
  13. jfeldt

jfeldt Forum Resident

I left the following on the shelves tonight at the Rasputin's in San Francisco on Powell:

Dark Side of the Moon - MoFi UD2 - $29.99
    Goodbye Yellow Brick Road - MoFi UD2 - $19.99

14. rjp

rjp Senior Member

there are a plethora of these in the cleveland stores too.

15. ManFromCouv

ManFromCouv Employee #3541

That's a steal for a great disc. Will somebody jump on that please?

16. mdm08033

mdm08033 Senior Member

Left on the shelf, Dire Straits Communique, NON-Target, Made in Japan by Sanyo, smooth sided case $8. If ya gotta have it, Bookoff is at 49 W 45th, their number is 212-685-1410. I didn't buy it because I can't seem to sell any of my currently on hand Dire Straits non target Japan for US discs. I think they sound wonderful but the classified sections isn't responding.

Dave likes this.
  17. Thwacko

Thwacko Forum Resident

Steve Hoffman Gold CD of Alice Cooper's "Billion Dollar Babies" at Manifest in Charlotte, NC on 9/6/14. I think it was $25.99.

18. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

Half-Price Books, McKnight Rd in the North Hills of Pittsburgh, had a copy of the MFSL Getz/Gilberto for I believe $15.

Passed on it based on what I've read here, although I believe that is a good price. (If anyone not in the area really wants it, send me a PM and I'll see if I can pick it up & send it to you if you reimburse me for cost + shipping.)

19. jfeldt

jfeldt Forum Resident

Left on the shelves of Amoeba SF tonight:

Miles Davis Cellar Door boxset for $99. Don't sleep on this one!

David Bowie Diamond Dogs RCA PCD1- Japanese for $39.99, two fame and fashion RCAs for $14.99

A bunch of Miles Davis SRCS and CSCS imports.

Two Talking Heads Stop Making Sense Japanese targets for $14.99 each

drivingfrog likes this.
  20. jfeldt

jfeldt Forum Resident

Sorry, replace "Cellar Door" above with the Complete at The Plugged Nickel

princesskiki likes this.
  21. Adam9

Adam9 Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй.

Dead Dog Records in Toronto has the out-of-print Johnny Rivers Anthology 2 CD set on Rhino for $25.

ARK likes this.
  22. Oatsdad

Nice thread revival! I'd forgotten this thread existed - and I started it! :D

ARK and Adam9 like this.
  23. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

Exchange in the Squirrel Hill area of Pittsburgh has an RCA CD of David Bowie'd Changesonebowie. $9. Made in Japan. I passed because condition is not as good as one I just got without artwork, and the art on this one wasn't great either. But thought I'd let anyone on the hunt for that disc know.

tmtomh and daca like this.
  24. daca

daca Currently on Double Secret Probation

Although I am not in the market for this disc, thanks for the heads up. Very much appreciated.

mmars982 likes this.
  25. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

This disc is worth having!

mmars982 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.