Poll: Do you like heavy metal?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by marke, Apr 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity

Well, my car is sitting out in the parking lot and I'm in my cubicle at work. If you had a crystal ball you'd know that.

[​IMG]

Barnabas Collins likes this.
  2. Rapid Fire

Rapid Fire Hyperactive!

I like the Orchid video clip, Definitely something I'm interested in diving further into. Didn't have the time to watch the entire video but did like what I did see. Haven't had the chance to watch the Kadaver yet.

3. old school

old school Senior Member

Thank You for checking them out Rapid Fire. I think you will like them both!

4. No, I can't say that I do. Everything that's louder than Rush, Deep Purple or Led Zeppelin is too loud for me. Those are things a colleague of mine recently described as "OK, but a little soft".

5. JannL

JannL Forum Resident

I have always loved Scorpions and Klaus is an amazing vocalist. They kind of range in the hard rock to heavy metal category.

I also am a huge fan of Ronnie James Dio (RIP).
    "Don't talk to strangers
    Cause they're only there to do you harm
    Don't write in starlight
    Cause the words may come out real
    Don't hide in doorways
    You may find the key that opens up your soul.."

6. Brudy

Brudy Senior Member

Really digging Kadavar! Both are on my vinyl purchase list. Such cool stuff and it's great to hear stuff like this still being put out.

old school likes this.
  7. Colin M

Colin M Forum Resident

Err less and less

8. melstapler

melstapler Reissue Activist

I like some of the old metal artists such as Slade and Thin Lizzy. Nowadays, they are considered metal, which is a very broad genre for many different styles, much in the same way that country music includes many forms.

9. Synthfreek

^---not metal.

erniebert likes this.
  10. zen

zen Senior Member

^ It's all just rock music, isn't it? Keep it simple I say. :tiphat:

11. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I do enjoy some now and then...really, really loved it when I was a teenager...Heavy man.

12. erniebert

erniebert Shoe-string audiophile

I like Old School. It has to groove and sound good.

13. Brudy

Brudy Senior Member

Listened to Orchid a bit...I really like the music but the vocals don't do much for me.

14. Schoolmaster Bones

Schoolmaster Bones Poe's Lawyer

I've been enjoying Sunn O)))’s Monoliths & Dimensions LP a lot lately - although that's technically Avant-garde Drone Doom (at least according to Wikipedia).

norman_frappe likes this.
  15. vinyldreams

vinyldreams Forum Resident

Is Van Halen, Black Sabbath, AC-DC, etc. considered HM? If so then yes, if not no.

16. zen

zen Senior Member

:tiphat:

17. Heavy Music

Heavy Music Forum Resident

You mean like me?

It all started with Black Sabbath, I am now a Sevendust fan, where does it begin, where does it end?

Michael likes this.
  18. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

yes, Sabbath was one of the heavy ones back then...Spooky Tooth, the Stooges, and a host of other GREATS! who cares? we have our staple.

Heavy Music likes this.
  19. Ellsworth

Ellsworth Forum Resident

No. At the end of a day of work and kids, the last thing I want to do is crank up some metal. I am sure there is a lot of merit to the music but it's not for me.

20. bluemooze

bluemooze Senior Member

Seriously, this is so important to you that you take the time and trouble to start a poll on it?

(Note to myself: Seriously, this is so important to you that you take the time to respond to this thread?) :sigh:

mooseman likes this.
  21. Synthfreek

What is this even supposed to mean? Why are you giving him a hard time?

22. bluemooze

bluemooze Senior Member

Well, the first part of my post is a true question that I'm asking the OP.

The second part of it is a public admission that I'm an idiot who shouldn't be taken seriously.

23. Synthfreek

I see you like classical...have you ever listened to any of the talented musicians of metal whose main influences are from the classical world?

Jason Becker - Air

In-Absentia likes this.
  24. rockledge

rockledge Forum Resident

I like hard rock era bands and rock era bands in general, one of the main reasons is that every band had a very distinct sound from all the others. And look, and stage personna.

The thing I don't like about most metal music is that it is far too contrived. It reminds me a great deal of what is called "modern country" in that there seems to be a rule book that demands they were a certain costume, have a certain stage appearance, and the guitars have to have a certain sound, the drums are limited to certain beats. And for the most part the lyrics have got to have a certain mindset.
    With metal it is the leather, the tattoos, the snarling stage appearance, with "modern country" it is the faux southern drawl, the straight legged brand new blue jeans, the absurdly huge hillbilly hat.
    There are some metal songs I like, mostly because they deviate from all the obligatory crap, but for the most part, as a style I find it to be more stereoytpical and cliche' than original and interesting.

mooseman likes this.
  25. fatjedi

fatjedi Forum Resident

Hell yeah

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.