McCartney Album "NEW" (2013), part21

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MilesSmiles, Jun 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dudley07726

dudley07726 Forum Resident

Found it hard to listen to. Couldn't make it all the way through. I'll file it next to Gratitude & Temporary Secretary. Next.

graystoke likes this.
  2. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Since you don t don t like it does that mean you like it? Or like to like it?
    Otherwise I agree that it sort of reminds of C"mon people-maybe with a touch of Tug of war.
    Me-I kind of like it but wouldn t say it exites me very much. Anyway one must say it s a good business move to make music to a video game.

theMess likes this.
  3. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Temporary secretary is great-imo

4. Claudio Dirani

Claudio Dirani A Fly On Apple's Wall

I loved the song. It fits with the credits thing, which of triumph and hope. He's singing fine and there is some interesting mucial bits throughout. Plus there is a sort of Eno/U2/Fireman influnce throughout

JimC likes this.
  5. Claudio Dirani

Claudio Dirani A Fly On Apple's Wall

I've listened to it 3 times. Enjoyed it a lot.

6. Bewaremylove

Bewaremylove Forum Resident

I quite enjoyed it. I immediately thought of "Through Our Love" when first listening to it. It has a similar production to my ears. I wonder if this was a piece of music that he's had sitting around since then. Thank you for sharing!

Claudio Dirani, mrjinks and theMess like this.
  7. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

theMess and mrjinks like this.
  8. Beaneydave

Beaneydave Forum Resident

Thanks for the link. Liked it a lot.

Peace and love✌

foxylady, mrjinks and theMess like this.
  9. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

This video has better and/or louder sound quality IMO:

10. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

11. She is anyway

She is anyway Well-Known Member

Is the Destiny song's official title "Destiny", or is it "Hope Song"?

12. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Odd that they don't even give it a title in the credits, isn't it? I still wonder if there will be some sort of release of the whole thing at some point. I think this has been posted in some other thread, but it might be worth repeating here. Certainly looks like it could denote a release to come (note the very faint timings underneath each section).
    [​IMG]

theMess likes this.
  13. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

^^^I see a "Coming Soon" too!! ;) Arnie

14. She is anyway

At 2:33 in the above video posting, it's credited as "Hope Song". I don't know whether that's the final, official credit, though.

theMess likes this.
  15. mrjinks

Yeah, I did see that, but it struck me as an "unfinished title". Someone over on the official site noted that the grammar police can come after Paul for this one, because he says "heavenly lights surrounding you and I", and it should be "you and me"!

I was thinking the line about "undiscovered places no one's ever been" might belong in the recent thread by @RayS!

She is anyway likes this.
  16. She is anyway

Have to admit, that caught the ear of I.

theMess and mrjinks like this.
  17. kevintee

kevintee I’d rather be listening to McCartney

I like the song. Anyone have any idea when it will be released?

theMess likes this.
  18. mrjinks

theMess likes this.
  19. backseat

backseat Italian translator - Paul McCartney's 'The Lyrics'

I think the title is "Hope for the Future".

20. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

I don't know when it is released, but I also really like the song. Now that I have given it quite a few listens, I really like the melody, and although they are very simple, I also like the lyrics; I don't feel that any of them are embarrassing or too cliched. I think that it suits the game very well, and I am very pleased that Paul has taken part in the project because he will be heard by a huge audience, many of whom may not normally listen to his solo music.

I am very impressed with Paul's vocal; you can tell that he was warmed up and that he worked hard on it, but it does make me wish that he had bothered to warm-up when recording for the New album, because the only thing about that album that could be improved IMO, are some of the vocals.
    On Early Days he intentionally chose to release the version with the older sounding voice, because he liked the vulnerability, but I do think that he should have warmed-up more for some of the other songs; even some of the strongest songs like Scared, Road, New (in parts) and one of my personal favourites, Hosanna, could all have benefitted from a vocal of similar quality to the one on Hope Song.

Anyway, it is great to hear how good his voice can be in the studio if he puts the effort in.

freddiebell, Calico, kevintee and 3 others like this.
  21. graystoke

graystoke Forum Resident

A couple of further listens and I'm firmly in the "don't like it" camp. Melodically he's starting to sound "samey" to me.

Frank likes this.
  22. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

I think the title is "Heather Mills Will Get Her Just Desserts". ;) Arnie

theMess and Bemagnus like this.
  23. mrjinks

Interesting. I think he sounds bad on the first line when he sings "future"; same thing in verse two when he hits "darkness". He goes "down" when I don't think he should!

I do think it's cool that he involved himself in this project, but I think it's exactly the wrong song to unleash on people that "would not normally listen to his solo music". I really like the track. I mentioned in the other thread that it's got a sort of "sweeping, majestic" quality, which he hasn't gone for in quite awhile. But the target audience for the game is teens, isn't it? I noticed it has a "T" for teens rating in the states, anyway, and I think this will sound like ancient people's music to them. Kind of like if we would have beat the Galaga video game back in the 80s and been rewarded with a Sinatra tune.

I'd be glad to be wrong on this, of course, but it seems like this song really would've fit better over the end credits of a movie.

And, no, I don't have any better suggestion for what type of song would've fit this project better. I'm not a "gamer", so my opinion may be further off base than usual here...

Frank likes this.
  24. mrjinks

Isn't Heather the subject of that collaboration with Kanye?
    :D

25. cb70

cb70 Senior Member

It's copyrighted simply as "Hope". Now I just need to figure out how to get the audio out of the game via the files.

gswan and theMess like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.