Why are people COMPLAINING about the new U2 album!?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by bcaulf, Sep 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jupiter

Jupiter Forum Resident

Because it's U2.

'Nuff said.

DrBeatle likes this.
  2. Sick Sick Phil

Sick Sick Phil Forum Resident

What happens if I put my music on your iphone without your permission ?

Shawn, somnar, AZRunner and 3 others like this.
  3. Sick Sick Phil

how about Apple not adding music you didn't order, that makes the most sense.

4. HotelYorba101

HotelYorba101 Senior Member

But the thing is it doesn't intrude at all, you have to download it first. I don't see how a free album available on the cloud is intrusion personally, I will always view music I can legally get for free as a wonderful gesture even if I don't like the artist

Dudley Morris and bcaulf like this.
  5. Sick Sick Phil

Oh really? give me your email I'll send you tons of free legal music.

6. HotelYorba101

Alright drop me a PM if you are for real and I will happily give it to you

People complaining about the U2 album have a simple solution - just don't download the cloud files and listen to other stuff. It is the ultimate first world problem

7. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

Damn them to hell! Those bastards! Giving away something for free! THEY SHOULD BE SHOT!

:rolleyes:

8. bcaulf

bcaulf Forum Resident Thread Starter

The thing I find strange is that people are having trouble simply deleting it. Can't you just swipe to the left of a track title and a red 'Delete' button pops up next to it? Does that not work for things added from cloud? If not, then there are other ways to do it that can be figured out by a simple google search.

9. Naughty Chord

Naughty Chord Hole in my Socrates

I went to download this "free" album but iTunes wanted me to update my credit card info in order to access it. I would update it if I was actually buying something but not for a "free" album.

10. JimC

JimC Senior Member

The complaints remind of the old comment, "The food is bad and the portions are small."

ben_wood, Skydogg, Carserguev and 3 others like this.
  11. zen

zen Senior Member

JimC and progrocker71 like this.
  12. agaraffa

agaraffa Senior Member

To quote my daughter when she saw this on her iPhone... "What is this?! I don't want my friends to think I like this crappy music! Dad! Get it off!!!"

13. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

In iTunes, it doesn't show up automatically, I had to go to Quick Links to download it. Not sure how that's an invasion of privacy.

But on a phone I can understand if the person had "Automatic Downloads" checked and didn't' want this downloaded.

coffeetime likes this.
  14. BadJack

BadJack doorman who always high-fives children of divorce

I'm not complaining. I'm not that impressed with the album itself but hey, thanks, U2.

Now, if Bieber or Lady Gaga did the exact same move, would the board's righteous bearers of the rock and roll torch be cool with it?

Personally, I don't have much of an issue with deleting files.

Grant, ben_wood and HotelYorba101 like this.
  15. Smiths22

Smiths22 Well-Known Member

Well gential warts are also for free too (even with a condom). Apple instead of giving away albums should give away ipods touch. :shh:

hazard and DDTM like this.
  16. DrBeatle

DrBeatle The Rock and Roll Chemist

I complained because I hate U2 AND I resent having a free album I'll never in a million years want forced onto my device.

AZRunner, DDTM, Carserguev and 5 others like this.
  17. Smiths22

and you have a pretty valid point, if i had received a Justin album instead of U2 i'd be pretty mad at Apple...bad Apple.

18. HotelYorba101

But as far as I am aware it is available on the cloud and you have to download it. So in reality people are complaining because of a few icons they don't ever have to click or download and nothing is really being forced save for a few songs showing up to stream or download if you so choose

I dunno I don't see this as a huge deal personally

19. DrBeatle

DrBeatle The Rock and Roll Chemist

You've raised her well. :righton:

bonus and Carserguev like this.
  20. Smiths22

Imagine you are a 60 years old only like jazz and classical musical and suddenly you find a U2 album in between...WTF!

I like U2 but to be fair with you all (even with those who doesn't like U2) Bono this time went too far... 100% egomaniac* i want my stupid album in all your devices whether you like me or not. FY Bono! What's next christianity for all?

Also the album is not even that great to be everywhere.

Bad move Apple.

*e‧go‧ma‧ni‧ac / ˌiːɡəʊˈmeɪniæk, ˌeɡ- $ -ɡoʊ- / noun [ countable ]:
    someone who thinks that they are very important, and does not care whether they upset other people in order to get what they want

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
    DDTM, Carserguev and Stuart S like this.
  21. HotelYorba101

As someone in their early 20's I don't think there are any phone owning millenials who don't know how to simply not click download when they are on their iCloud or to delete files if they somehow have the auto-download setting on. It really isn't intrusion if you know the basics as to how your phone works

22. Bren

Bren Forum Resident

I bought a new PS3 machine late in the game (pun intended), and some units still came bundled with games I wasn't interested in or that I had played elsewhere and deemed NOT FOR ME, but I wasn't quick to find the nearest video game forum to complain about X or Y forced upon me. Just toss the stuff, and keep rolling, y'know?

That being said, it's not like these were new games by desperate designers whose last couple of attempts didn't earn expected praise. The U2 "Songs" situation is rather interesting. Easily bagged, but interesting.

23. pscreed

pscreed Upstanding Member

We're people. It's what we do. ™

Smiths22 likes this.
  24. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

You missed the point...it's not that it's difficult to remove. It's that someone is intruding on your world.

subtr, DDTM and BluesOvertookMe like this.
  25. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

Read the other thread about the album - every aspect of this discussion has been raised already there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.