Why are people COMPLAINING about the new U2 album!?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by bcaulf, Sep 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. "Yeah, this is Bono, and we have The Gaul. Now download our album, or Asterix gets it!!"

Driver 8 and LivingForever like this.
  2. serge

serge Forum Resident

but that's a great song!

Grant, Agent57 and nbakid2000 like this.
  3. paulisme

paulisme I’m being sarcastic

I dunno. How would you feel if the new Young Jeezy album suddenly appeared on your iPhone? Maybe some people don't like U2 and the sudden incongruous appearance of the artist among their carefully curated Pitchfork-approved library made them seem uncool.

4. proust78

proust78 Forum Resident

Trust me, sir, I'm not losing any sleep over this. I don't have an iPhone but I can see how people felt inconvenienced over this.

This issue also raises some interesting questions of how much in control of our internet-connected devices we can be. Amazon raised a lot of eyebrows a few years ago when they deleted purchased copies of Orwell's 1984 from Kindles because it was a pirated edition. The cloud can giveth and can taketh away.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
    DDTM and paulisme like this.
  5. paulisme

paulisme I’m being sarcastic

While the album appears in the library, it's not physically on the phone until the user downloads it, so it's not an automatic 250 MB download.

HotelYorba101 and Claudio Dirani like this.
  6. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

Next up from Apple.......the new Dr. Dre album. You can download it, but it won't play unless you are listening using Beats headphones. :winkgrin:

7. Claudio Dirani

Claudio Dirani A Fly On Apple's Wall

Exactly.

8. proust78

proust78 Forum Resident

If someone had their iPhone set up to automatically synch their purchases, then yes, it was physically downloaded to their phone.

ginchopolis likes this.
  9. Claudio Dirani

Not in this case, though. Mine is set up to synch automatically, but it didn't come through.

10. I wouldn't be too keen, but I'd check it out on the off chance there was anything good on there, and then take the steps to delete it. No big thing.

HotelYorba101 likes this.
  11. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Oh, definitely - it was a NIGHTMARE! I went into my iPhone's music library, found the album, and clicked "delete". I'm not sure I'll ever recover from the trauma! :laugh:

Grant, johnnybrum, ronbow and 6 others like this.
  12. Oatsdad

JoeRockhead likes this.
  13. Claudio Dirani

I can suggest a good doctor if you like. It worked fine for me.

14. Oatsdad

So it's a horrible invasion because it's a band you don't like, but it'd be fine and dandy if it was a band you DID like?

In other words, if they'd automatically added "Beatles Bootleg 1964" to your phone, would you feel the same way?

Grant and ibanez_ax like this.
  15. Oatsdad

Or what about all the preloaded software that came with the iPhone in the first place? I don't want the "Stocks" app but it was there when I got the phone and seems to be impossible to delete.

Selective complaining in this instance, IMO. People with computers or phones get "forced" to have software they don't choose and don't want ALL THE TIME. Somehow this example is a horrible intrusion whereas the others were not... :confused:

Grant, saturnsf, Driver 8 and 5 others like this.
  16. gregr

gregr Forum Resident

Even when you delete this album from your iCloud and iTunes libraries, it stays in your "Purchased" files in your iTunes account, and it can't be deleted from that. It can be "hidden", but it can't be deleted. If Apple keeps doing this, iTunes users will potentially have to filter through gobs of music they don't like when rebuilding libraries. For me, it's an ugly precedent.

17. goombay

goombay Forum Resident

Its the thing to do now, kvetch, all the time.

18. boyjohn

boyjohn Senior Member

You really have to be joking. The whole "terms and conditions" thing is just a way for corporations to say "no matter what we do to screw up your life or anything in it, we're not responsible". The whole concept should illegal.

DDTM likes this.
  19. Moshe

Moshe "Silent in four languages."

..some whine with your free album?

Dudley Morris likes this.
  20. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

...because it's just OK?

21. goombay

goombay Forum Resident

I really dont know how Itunes can screw anybodys life. Are you kidding? Itunes a thing to listen to music on the computer is going to ruin lives? Give up Itunes its not like someone actually paid for it.

22. J_D__

J_D__ Senior Member

Some of the members of U2 are hairy:)

23. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

My copy of Windows 95 came with Weezer and Edie Brickell on it. That was almost more than I could take (although I thought Edie Brickell was kind of hot at the time but that quickly soured when she married Paul Simon).

24. FastForward

FastForward Forum Resident

Why are people complaining about Pono? Why are people complaining about remasters? Why are people complaining about re-releases? Why are people complaining about radio? Why are people complaining about Beatle threads? Why are people complaining about Axl Rose? Why are people complaining about concert prices? Why are people complaining about the mix of a television performance of a reunited band?

Why? Because that's what people do, and why we have this forum...

25. goombay

goombay Forum Resident

LOL i think we should complain about this Forum. why is it free? is it a conspiracy of some sort?
    how come those new seeds make tomatoes that grow twice as big??
    how many people collapsed from seeing Moz embedded for free on Windows 95?

Claudio Dirani and Moshe like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.