Price watch - Bob Dylan and The Band Complete Basement Tapes

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by gottafeelin, Aug 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

Nice screen name. Like the Blazing Saddles influence.

2. John D.

John D. Senior Member

Just checked the status of my order at popmarket, to my surprise it's says on back order, and no estimate of shipping date.
    This really burns my butt, it said on the site it ships within 1 or 2 days. They even had a statement at one point that said to ignore
    a out of stock statement. I'm really gonna rethink ordering stuff from popmarket going forward. Trying to cancel an order seems
    like a crapshoot after reading their terms of use. Anyone else check their orders lately?

3. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

I just got my shipping notice for this from Popmarket. I ordered it last Friday and used the POPMARKET 15 code. It cost 93.49 including shipping. It still shows it being in stock. John D., did you ever get a shipping notice?

4. HominyRhodes

HominyRhodes Forum Resident

Original pre-order price from Am_zon: $158 (cancelled)
    Final order price from importcds: $92
    Savings= $66

stereoptic likes this.
  5. George P

George P Notable Member

Being a member at SHMF, priceless.

6. Moth

Moth fluttering by

I guess this is the most appropriate place for this:

My box set that I got from Amazon.ca was damaged :(
    I wouldn't usually mind about this sort of thing - the corner is smashed - but for how much I paid for it, I would really hope to get it in better condition. I noticed that they basically just wrapped it in cardboard, stuck a shipping sticker on it, and sent it on its way. Sorta disappointing, and I'm trying to see if they'll exchange me a new copy and provide some better shipping packaging. So, as a warning, Amazon.ca does not provide the best protection for your items.

7. HominyRhodes

HominyRhodes Forum Resident

That was the treatment my copy of ASP got last year from amazon.com -- no packing inside, and the box wasn't even sealed! It's always a hit-or-miss proposition with that company, in the U.S., at least. I sent a flurry of emails, and they did knock a sizable amount off my bill.

I hope you get it resolved.

8. Moth

Moth fluttering by

Yeah, they offered me a 20% refund - which I might take because, really, it's the music that counts and a smashed corner doesn't really detract from my enjoyment of the most important part.
    You should be in good hands with ImportCDs; I ordered ASP from them last year and it arrived in great condition.

HominyRhodes likes this.
  9. George P

George P Notable Member

Yeah, i was going to suggest a big discount instead of returning, especially when the next one may show up in worse condition. I'd ask for 30% and settle on 25%. Amazon is usually reasonable about stuff like that.

I had a huge box come damaged from them about a year ago. I called them and spoke to a supervisor. After a short discussion, he offered to knock $50 off a $92 box set. Needless to say, I took it!

Moth and HominyRhodes like this.
  10. John D.

John D. Senior Member

No, I just checked my order again, it's still back ordered. :shake:

11. MicJames

MicJames Forum Resident

My order from CC arrived with the box that houses the books torn in several places and crushed in the corner. It was shipped with several other items in a box that, to my amazement, contained no packaging material whatsoever. Needless to say, I'm not happy.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2014
  12. tyler928

tyler928 Forum Resident

Mine was damaged, too, so they sent me a prepaid label to send it back. They'll send a replacement when they receive it. Which, if my experience with DeepDiscount.com is the model, they will tell me to send an email after 30 days to check on the status if I haven't heard anything by then.

Basically it means you wait 30 days, email them, then they send the replacement. I'm pretty sure that if you don't send that follow up email they just assume you forgot about it and you never see your item again.

13. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

Better than some sites like GoHastings. No exchanges, only refunds.

14. MicJames

MicJames Forum Resident

Ha, interesting. Thanks for the warning.

15. MicJames

MicJames Forum Resident

By the way, what is the consensus on keeping the CD's as they arrive in the paper/cardboard pockets in the books? This system was used in the ASP box as well as the recent Velvet Underground boxes. Storing & removing the discs from those pockets seems liable to scratch them, but, if that's the case, why is it becoming so commonplace to package cd's that way?

16. hodgo

hodgo Tea Making Gort (Yorkshire Branch) Staff

Outside of moderation duties I don't normally visit this part of the forum but I saw your post in the moderation queue and thought I'd reply.

I use Nagaoka Antistatic CD Sleeves for this kind of box and they protect the discs very well indeed, I've listed an example below for you.......

USA........... JAPAN ANTISTATIC Plastic Inner Sleeve CD 20 NAGAOKA

UK............. Nagaoka Anti-Static Inner CD Sleeves (pack of 20) | eBay

I can never understand it when I see people saying things like they've taken the discs out and put them inside regular CD cases, there's no need when you can put the CD's in sleeves and store them where they belong.

Having said the above, it wouldn't kill the record labels to include them free of charge in the first place........ As They Do In Japan!!!

17. MicJames

MicJames Forum Resident

Thank you!

18. hodgo

hodgo Tea Making Gort (Yorkshire Branch) Staff

You're welcome I'm only too glad to help :)

19. gottafeelin

gottafeelin Forum Resident Thread Starter

My estimated delivery day is today. Has anybody living in the US received their order from Amazon.de yet (standard shipping)? If so, did it come USPS, UPS or FedEx?

20. gottafeelin

Curse you, Amazon.de. Was due the 18th, but still hasn't arrived - no tracking and it can't be declared missing until the 26th. I'm stuck in limbo between the basement and the first floor.

21. inspiracy

inspiracy Senior Member

gottafeelin likes this.
  22. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Same here, their estimates of arrival have been off on a few occasions in my experience. I am not concerned, it will show up.

23. gottafeelin

I just ordered from Amazon US for $92. It will be here tomorrow. If Amazon.de doesn't get here by the 26th it is considered lost. If it gets here before the 26th, I'll send one of them back. Either way, I'm listening to the Basement Tapes tomorrow!

24. ivan_wemple

ivan_wemple Senior Member

Mine showed up from Amazon.de yesterday ... should be close now.

eelkiller likes this.
  25. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

"Arrived" posts are so much better than "shipped" posts. Hopefully the ones I ordered are not far behind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.