The last movie you watched was...? (take four)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MilesSmiles, May 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Pool Hall Junkies...fabulous. Christopher Walken was GOLD!

2. Michael

was Melissa hot or what?! she rocked in those pants...WOW! Loved Herman Munster Judge! O' man what a thrill seeing him.

3. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Marisa Tomei likes short, bald, funny men. FACT!!

4. Maseman66

Maseman66 Forum Resident

Just watched Muppets Most Wanted with my wife and 2 grown children. Nice that the kids were with us tonight and we all enjoyed the film.

5. Michael

very special...we love watching movies with our sons! and the discussion afterwards.

6. Michael

whatever floats her boat...lucky guys!

7. DesertChaos

DesertChaos Forum Resident

Hannibal

Sheesh, I'd never have thought that Jodie Foster had more sense than Hopkins when it came to staying away from really bad sequels. Neither of us could get all the way through this one and Mrs DC has a super-high tolerance for stuff like that.

8. Watched Shooter the other night on Netflix. It's ok; I had read the book it's based on 20yrs ago. The book is fantastic.

9. RickH

RickH Connoisseur of deep album cuts

Come Back to Me - on Netflix streaming, a pretty good thriller refreshingly different from "found footage" or "Saw"/"Hostile" type films.

10. musicfan37

musicfan37 Senior Member

The Santa Clause

11. Mark Nelson

Mark Nelson Forum Resident

THE HUNDRED FOOT JOURNEY - Gorgeous-looking and hunger-making. Perhaps a tiny bit too long, but still good.
    THE PENGUINS OF MADAGASCAR - Funny animated spy/action movie.
    GUTSHOT STRAIGHT - OK neo noir film.
    SHOOT FIRST..DIE LATER - Good 70s Italian crime thriller.

12. kanakaris

kanakaris Forum Resident

Boyhood.
    Boring , a movie where nothing happens for almost 3 hours.
    All these professional reviewers must have been corrupt.

13. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

'Enemy', starring Jake Gyllenhaal

Incredibly awesome; five stars - I'm kicking myself for missing out on this when it played in theatres.

14. Roninblues

Roninblues 猿も木から落ちる。

Biker Boyz

Tokyo Joe

15. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Sound City. Thought I was going to hate it but 75% of it was great. Too much sucking up to Macca in the last 15 minutes, though.

16. harmonica98

harmonica98 Senior Member

'2001 : A Space Odyssey' (1968) in 70mm introduced by Keir Dullea and Gary Lockwood. Special evening.

Scope J and Pinknik like this.
  17. Roninblues

Roninblues 猿も木から落ちる。

Winter Kills

The Net

18. dbz

dbz Bolinhead.

Ray. (2004).

Scope J likes this.
  19. harmonica98

harmonica98 Senior Member

'The Passion of Joan of Arc' (1928) with live piano accompaniment. One of the greatest of all-time in my book.

20. SizzleVonSizzleton

SizzleVonSizzleton The Last Yeti

Draft Day

This might sound odd but the biggest thing I took away from this movie was how utterly fantastic Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City looked from the overhead shot they used. I have no idea if they colorized it to make the red pop out but it looked amazing!

Movie was okay I guess. They tried to lose me right from the start with Chris Berman. I hate Chris Berman; the kind of loudmouth you'd leave a room to avoid listening to.

And again this may be odd, but real life people from media to NFL commissioner Roger Goddell don't make the movie more believable to me. At one point near the end they say there's no way Denver is going to take a quarterback because they have Joe Blow already; why don't they just say Peyton Manning since they're already trying to sell me real people and real teams and neither the Denver franchise nor Manning himself are needed beyond a mere mention?

And they work so hard to try to make it real then you have the main character's mother, who was married to a lifelong football man, insisting that her son performs some funeralesque ritual hours before the NFL draft?? Nobody is buying that. Widow/Mom would understand that today isn't the day for that!

21. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

[​IMG]

dbz and Mark Nelson like this.
  22. Roninblues

Roninblues 猿も木から落ちる。

The Bushido Blade

Blame It On Rio

23. Mark Nelson

Mark Nelson Forum Resident

DRACULA, PRINCE OF DARKNESS (Millennium Blu-ray) - Tons of fun and looks amazing in this new transfer.

dbz likes this.
  24. HiFi Guy 008

HiFi Guy 008 Forum Resident

I went to see Boyhood in the theater with my Dad.
    I was disappointed with the middle section - and the end lacked the punch I was expecting.
    Because he does mushrooms and watches the vista all is well??
    It's not an awful movie, by any stretch. Just not up to the hype

25. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

The Babadook. Australian horror movie. I found the first half hour pretty creepy but it just became a standard modern horror movie after that. Disappointing. Entertainment Weekly gave it a B+. I give it a C.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.