Queen Vinyl Reissues For 2015 (including boxed set and turntable)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by stagnation, Nov 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stagnation

stagnation Forum Resident Thread Starter

Over on the official Queen website forum there has been a lot of discussion about what Queen related products could be released in 2015...

Lots of ideas floating around such as a Queen+Adam Lambert DVD, 40th anniversary of "A Night Of The Opera" etc - all possibilities but until the band announces them... who knows?

BUT

Nick Weymouth who is close to the band's activities and is also the webmaster on QueenOnline has let slip that 2015 could be a good year for Vinyl fans....

"Vinyl lovers...2015 could be your year."

So are they planning releasing the catalog on Vinyl again?

I hope so and lets hope the care and attention that went into the Led Zeppelin & Beatles reissues is replicated in this project and the pricing is respectable too. I missed out on the reissues done in 2009 and it would be nice to get decent pristine copies of the albums on vinyl - especially "Made in Heaven" and "Innuendo" as they are hard to pick up these days.

jgrillo and jon9091 like this.
  2. Helmut

Helmut Well-Known Member

Go to any record fair and second hand shop - "Queen" on original vinyl ain't rare at all. And the original albums even sounded better than the more recent vinyl re-releases with their "photocopied" covers.
    I hope they come up with something interesting.

3. stagnation

Thats is quite true - everything upto and including "The Miracle" can be found pretty easily. "Innuendo" and "Made In Heaven" however is a completely different story.

AcidPunk15 likes this.
  4. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

That would be nice. Let Sean M. do them all.

sound chaser likes this.
  5. keiron99

keiron99 Forum Resident

It may be easy to find them used - this is a point often made on these forums - but finding nice clean copies is not easy at all. Sadly, what second hand sellers describe as "mint" is, in my experience, all too often of "just about acceptable if there's really no alternative."

6. vinylman

vinylman Senior Member

I'll manage with my UK first pressings. QPL will have to show a little imagination to get any more of my money.

dennis the menace and DBMethos like this.
  7. keiron99

keiron99 Forum Resident

Well bully for you, show off :)
    I'm sure you aren't the target market for these releases. But for those of us who were too young or have gaps in our collections - take me for example, my brother and I shared our LP collections when kids and he emigrated with them! - then this is something we can really look forward to.

8. Helmut

Helmut Well-Known Member

Who want s "Innuendo" on vinyl with four songs being edited ?

supernaut likes this.
  9. Goldy

Goldy Failed to load

I just thought recently that Queen vinyl needs to be re-done. And following a current trend, a cool box set will be more than welcome. But just re-pressing the 2009 reissues won't do.

fuhrsy31 likes this.
  10. Helmut

Helmut Well-Known Member

I don't get it why people on this forum always beg to buy the same stuff again and again. "Oh please put it all in a box and sell it to me again..."
    I remember the last Queen vinyl re-issues having covers, that were grainy and without detail, obviously just digital photocopies. What's the point of buying that, when the originals even look better? And also sound the same?
    And in case of Queen the originals ain't rare at all, "Queen" are among the most selling acts of all time - and in their active days they mostly sold vinyl !

dennis the menace and supernaut like this.
  11. keiron99

keiron99 Forum Resident

Who is begging to buy it again? What about those buying for the first time who want a nice, new shiny copy with no creases in the sleeve or pops and ticks?

I really don't understand why there is such a powerful anti-reissue lobby on this forum.

12. Goldy

Goldy Failed to load

I will not be buying it "again". I only have an original vinyl of Innuendo and a 2009 reissue of Made In Heaven. If these are properly done, they're a perfect choice for me.

fuhrsy31 likes this.
  13. stagnation

If you have a collection of albums by a certain artist its nice to have the complete set (in my case anyway). Leaving one album out just because its got a few edits is a bit nitpicky if you ask me. Each to their own i guess.

14. Goldy

Goldy Failed to load

It's not really noticeable that much, the album flows just the same on vinyl.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
  15. stagnation

They could get it right this time - the 2011 compact disc remasters the artwork on each album has never has looked better - they even went to the trouble reinstating the original Mick Rock photograph on Queen II. Bring on the vinyl reissues i say.

16. vinylman

vinylman Senior Member

Fair point, but I'd still prefer to look for good-condition UK pressings than pay two or three times the money for something that will be an unknown until you drop the stylus on the vinyl.

Actually, now that you HAVE tempted me to show off, I used to have Queen albums from most of the countries that pressed them, label variations, sleeve and label mispressings and every different pressing from each country I could find; but although some Japanese and German issues were VERY good, I always came back to the UK first pressings. 'Jazz' and 'The Game' in particular murder any CD version I've ever heard.

Scott Wheeler and Martinev2 like this.
  17. JP Christian

JP Christian Forum Resident

AAA? Would be great but maybe the tapes are in bad shape - I heard they had to bake the Bo Rhap tape last couple of times it was remastered...

Most of the UK vinyl is easy to find cheaply, although decent copies of Queen and Queen II aren't so easy to find now...or cheaply.

18. mr.dave

mr.dave Forum Resident

But a proper 2LP Edition of Innuendo would be highly appreciated!!!

19. cmi

cmi Forum Resident

A 15 LP vinyl box set is coming. It's on amazon.co.uk already.

Release date possibly September 7th
    Catalogue number 0602547202888

celticbob likes this.
  20. celticbob

celticbob Forum Resident

Is there a price listed?

21. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

I'd be up for the las 3 Studio albums on vinyl for sure , the Rest not so much ....... the lst Re-issues to me were horrid sounding :(

Szeppelin75 likes this.
  22. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

Not in the States. I've gotten everything from Sheer Heart Attack through A Kind Of Magic, but The Miracle is non-existent here, and I've never seen copies of the first two albums in good enough condition to spend money on. I'd be in for the first two LP's and the last three, for sure.

If they took the care that they did for the Beatles AAA stuff, I'd be tempted to get a box, because they'd probably better my U.S. copies. Good UK pressings were always a bit out of my price range, sadly.

23. Charlyrok

Charlyrok Well-Known Member

Isn't A Day At The Races edited too? Any yet-again-re-issued LP's will need to be doubles, and unedited, and hopefully AAA. In my dreams, right?

24. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

I would agree the Miracle is a tough one to find as is QUEEN II , my Copy of II is from the last issues & it sounds average at best .
    the 1st album copies all of a sudden started showing up floating around & in VG+ shape so keep your eyes open , i was Lucky & got a white Label promo for $10 maybe 2 months back .

CrazyCatz likes this.
  25. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

No need for them to be doubles (also, I'd never play them if they were), but single-LP AAA pressings would definitely get my money.

Davidmk5 and Szeppelin75 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.