Rush - new 2015 vinyl and hi-res reissues thread.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Murph, Dec 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. As the proud owner of 1st pressings on Mercury Canada and Anthem, I'm passing.

2. Brutal...

3. botley

botley Forum Resident

Isn't this the third thread we've had on this series since it was announced? I posted in one called "12 Months of Rush" and there was another with the exact same title.

4. Guss2

Guss2 Senior Member

5. c-eling

c-eling They're made of light,We never would have guessed

Same here for Presto, N/M for 6.99 at a thrift a few months ago, they are out there, how's Roll sound?

6. spaulding

spaulding Hoi Polloi

7. Opeth

Opeth Forum Resident

I'm down for FBN amazing album

8. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

Wasn't the reissue of the first album AAA? I seem to remember that that was the case. However I also remember hearing that Rush is one of those bands that doesn't let the tapes get out normally, but I seem to remember that they agreed to let the first album be pressed AAA.

9. Opeth

Opeth Forum Resident

The first album reissue was great IMO, I was under the impression it was AAA not solid answer anywhere I have found. Only thing I had to compare to was that set of the first 3 LP they did in the late 70's forget what they called it.

dkmonroe likes this.
  10. rcsrich

rcsrich Forum Resident

Maybe a chance to finally get FBN with dynamics close to the original CD but without the muddy EQ.... :)

ian christopher likes this.
  11. BSC

BSC Forum Resident

It looks like the version already available on the Sectors Box set.

rcsrich likes this.
  12. rcsrich

rcsrich Forum Resident

Drat & double drat.....

13. robcar

robcar Forum Resident

Would have loved a 5.1 mix of Power Windows…..seems like it would lend itself to that more than the earlier, more primitive albums like Fly By Night.

14. Loz

Loz Forum Resident

That version is quite compressed.

rcsrich likes this.
  15. hotsoup

hotsoup Forum Resident

Just as I finished collecting the entire catalog with mercury, AF and MFSL discs.. Maybe these will be good sounding for new fans because I can't spend any more.

Malina likes this.
  16. BSC

BSC Forum Resident

I have it haven't played it in a while.....nor checked the DR numbers :)

17. varyat

varyat Forum Resident

Dying to get a clean,quality copy of A Farewell to Kings- my favorite! If Quality Records is doing the pressing, we have much to be thankful for this holiday .

johnny q likes this.
  18. BSC

BSC Forum Resident

Thread on it already...sadly just looks like the Sectors box revamped.

19. Zach Johnson

Zach Johnson Forum Resident

Will there be box sets like the debut album had?

20. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

Murph likes this.
  21. oneway23

oneway23 Forum Resident

Why does the press release mention new 24/96 and 24/192 hi-res versions being made available when they just released the entire catalog in hi-res a year ago?
    I very much doubt that Mercury would have commissioned the preparation of yet another set of hi-res archival masters so soon.

22. Sentient Six

Sentient Six Forum Resident

I'm guessing then that this is also the end of seeing any additional Rush titles done by AF.

23. Darrin Crawford

Darrin Crawford Forum Resident

I wish they would put out the vinyl like the Beatles boxes, Genesis boxes and even their Sector boxes. A year is way too long for me to wait to get their whole collection. UNLESS....they do every album as a box like they did with their self titled earlier this year.

24. Endymion

Endymion Forum Resident

That would be sad. I have no interest in the new reissue series. Like all "official" (not licenced to audiophile labels) Rush releases these will probably be heavily compressed and smiley EQed.
    I'd love them to prove me wrong though.

25. dcd2112

dcd2112 Forum Resident

The reissue of the self titled debut Rush LP was cut by Sean Magee at Abbey Road using direct metal mastering and it was sourced from the analog master. The reissue sounds pretty darn good. it was pressed at QRP.

I called QRP and they confirmed that they are handling the pressing for all the remaining Marcury reissues and that they are all coming from Abbey Road and will be direct metal mastered, so with the exception of a few titles, I think these will all be AAA. I have read that the master tape for Moving Pictures is in bad condition and the same may be true for 2112. MOFI was able to do Permanent Waves several years ago, so hopefully that tape is still in good shape, but it was someone from MOFI that stated that some of Rush's masters were in poor condition and that's why they weren't going to be able to reissue any more titles.

UncleHalsey and Guss2 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.