X-files reboot?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Mirrorblade.1, Jan 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AztecChimera

AztecChimera Forum Resident

Not much. Duchovny sued FOX over syndication residuals and Mulder was abducted to cover for DD's absence during the lawsuit. There's hardly any on-screen Mulder in S8/S9 until the finale.

2. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

Not if there is a chance for further profit from a property the studio already owns.

3. KevinP

KevinP Forum introvert

Still, a series that we all agree ran too long is an odd contender for bringing back.

4. Not all but probably most. I enjoyed it til the end.

zobalob likes this.
  5. progrocker71

It's not set in the real world, it's set in a fictionalized variation of the real world.

If you're upset about realism in science fiction and/or horror series then you're barking up the wrong genre. Just watch documentaries instead.

Standoffish, zobalob, Karsten and 2 others like this.
  6. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

Exactly. Some of the stories were completely original concepts straight from the imaginations of the writers. There was an episode in which people would be vaporized if they touched a character's shadow. Another episode featured high school students with the ability to move faster than the human eye can see after discovering a mysterious power source in a cave. Another episode featured a young man who had the ability to manipulate electricity after being struck by lightning. These and many other X-Files episodes were completely original stories that weren't based on pre-existing urban legends or supernatural beliefs. Some episodes were based on popular or not so popular myths, supernatural beliefs and urban legends. The stories that are based on pre-existing supernatural beliefs are exaggerated far beyond anyone's concept of realism. Many people believe in extraterrestrial life, but, as far as I know, nobody believes in shape-shifting bounty hunter aliens or black oil viruses that are carried by bees.

7. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

zobalob, wayne66 and marblesmike like this.
  8. KevinP

KevinP Forum introvert

Ok, I'm now 100% on board with anyone who complained about how the word 'reboot' is being used.

9. vinylman

vinylman Senior Member

Me too. Always entertaining; there's precious little of that now. I find that Received Internet Wisdom is always suspect, at best.

zobalob likes this.
  10. smilin ed

smilin ed Senior Member

Too true.

zobalob likes this.
  11. maxnix

maxnix Forum Resident

I'll be glad to get rid of the stink of that second X-Files film . . hopefully.

12. Jim T

Jim T Forum Resident

--------------------------
    I could see them do 8 episodes a year for a while, but I'm surprised she would want to do it. I thought she had enough movie work? Money does talk. Seems like all too many TV shows are shorter seasons (less episodes) these days. I know they were talking about getting Fox on board for another movie.

13. progrocker71

I think shorter seasons for TV shows is the way to go. I would rather see 13 punchy, well-produced episodes than 22 with loads of filler.

14. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

She has been pretty active, but maybe The X-Files is something she wants to do. In fact, Anderson herself was recently pushing to make this happen. She seems pretty enthusiastic about it.

"But the big push to revive The X-Files didn’t come Fox or even from its creator, Chris Carter. It came from Scully herself, Gillian Anderson. Earlier this month on The Nerdist podcast, Anderson said she would be “f—ing overjoyed” to make more episodes of the show that jumpstarted her career. (Despite the fact that she’s currently starring in The Fall.) Anderson and hosts Chris Hardwick and Matt Miraencouraged listeners to tweet the hashtag #XFiles2015 and the response was overwhelming."
    http://www.vanityfair.com/vf-hollywood/2015/01/x-files-reboot-anderson-duchovny-on-board

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
  15. And I hope that add in more sex like Californacation. :tiphat:

progrocker71 likes this.
  16. Jim T

Jim T Forum Resident

Cannot stand Chris Hardwick and wish The Walking Dead staff would replace him on the after show, show.

ducksdeluxe and GentleSenator like this.
  17. Quark1134

Quark1134 Forum Resident

A miniseries reboot would be nice. Fox getting the original series out on blu-ray in widescreen would be even better - it's not like the HD transfers haven't already been done and aired in Germany.

18. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

They'll probably cross promote them. Seasons 5 through 9 are presented in widescreen format on DVD and streaming services. Were the seasons originally aired that way or did they change the format for the DVD releases?

19. Quark1134

Quark1134 Forum Resident

The HD versions include seasons 1-4 in 16:9 - they were apparently filmed in 16:9 and cropped when released.

Encuentro likes this.
  20. Quark1134

Quark1134 Forum Resident

There's an example screenshot with a comparison of SD vs HD here - roll your pointer on/off the image.

Encuentro likes this.
  21. Tim 2

Tim 2 MORE MUSIC PLEASE

It was my favorite show for years. Would love to see a come-back.

22. AztecChimera

AztecChimera Forum Resident

Check the "X-Files" thread on blu-ray.com - 94,286 pages of aspect ratio flame wars. Fun fun.

Quark1134 and dkmonroe like this.
  23. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Hmm, I see there's some cropping of the top and bottom going on there as well as opening up the frame on the sides. Makes me question how "protected" for 16x9 the show was when it was shot.

I will say though, the jump in clarity is excellent.

24. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident Thread Starter

I Want To Believe This is no longer the 90's anymore,
    sad to say . Part of me, says let rest in peace . it won't have steam it once had.
    The other part says maybe it could be awful to fair.
    It's like to revist NYPD blue do people want it anymore?
    Unfortunately I think Carter is one trick pony as some said for years.
    David, doing tv series hunting Charles Manson down hmmm....
    rather boring... I have the Helter Skelter miniseries done years ago.
    whats to add.?

25. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

:yikes::laugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.