"Batman" (Adam West TV show) on DVD Update

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by John DeAngelis, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Groovy

Groovy Forum Resident

I'm still working my through season 1 but boy do I love this show. My favorite things / moments so far:

The Riddler, the Penguin, Zelda the Great and Catwoman.
    Bruce helping Dick with his algebra.
    Batman putting on his seat belt in the Batmobile (for the first and last time) and teaching Robin another valuable life lesson.
    Walking 'up' walls.
    For the first few episodes the cake dome used to store the Batphone in the commissioner's office isn't big enough and is raised an inch at the back.
    Commissioner Gordon gets more serious with each episode despite the increasing lunacy of the plots.
    The sign behind the Batpoles.
    Bruce's Batpole is thicker than Dick's.
    Batman dancing.

JamieC likes this.
  2. I think my favorite of the villains is the Riddler. He brings a different energy to each scene than the others.

RockWizard likes this.
  3. TVC15

TVC15 Forum Resident

Case in point!

4. TVC15

TVC15 Forum Resident

Loved this show as a kid. Now watching it with my kids. It's terrible.

5. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

It really is bad if you take it seriously. If you can enjoy it for its ridiculousness, then it can be fun.

6. modrevolve

modrevolve Forum Resident

I preordered the Italian release since its so cheap but I will feel something is missing since the episode guide book won't be written in English.

7. BILLONEEG

BILLONEEG Senior Member

I have always believed there are movies & shows that require the viewer to suspend reality to enjoy. This is definitely a TV show that qualifies. I still enjoy the show because of this.

Glenn Christense likes this.
  8. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

The "big three"(Joker, Penguin and Riddler) had their moments, but Gorshin was so manic in this role. IMO the Joker comes a close second. That laugh......

applebonkerz likes this.
  9. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Got my replacement discs today ( no, I'm not being a hypocrite after all my posts, I did it for resale value in the future), and past the narration on the very first episode, I have absolutely no idea what changes I'm supposed to be looking for. :laugh:

Edit (thanks to a Blu-ray.com member ) :

" so disc 1 season one now has a special features menu, with three features, first is the villains tags over 7 minutes, second is a promo for Batman's amazing vehicles and last is a promo for the repeat of the first episode, The first episode now has the narration in the beginning but no option to play without (I checked audio options and only one english language track). The second disc is season 2 disc 2 that has the complete Marsha Queen of Diamonds with the end tag at the cooking school."

So weird having a section with all of the next week's tags over, and over, and over... :laugh:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
    JamieC likes this.
  10. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

That's it exactly for me. I LOVE the over the top acting , garishly colored sets and the general mood of "this is all a joke." :D

It wasn't EVER supposed to be taken seriously was it ? Even as a kid I realized it was an over the top, tongue in cheek excuse to be silly.

11. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

How are they packaged, so I know what to watch for?

12. Myke

Discs inside paper sleeves, which are glued to a piece of cardboard, in a white paper envelope.

13. It looks nearly like a big letter in the mail. I will give them this, the two BDs arrived in flawless condition.

Hawkman likes this.
  14. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

but, oh so good!

15. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

If you have not received your discs yet, the pilot and Marsha's Scheme of Diamonds episodes are updated on the digital copies if you redeemed them with your purchase.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
    PhantomStranger likes this.
  16. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

For adults, you need to watch it as a comedy delivered in exaggerated deadpan (Like "Airplane!" and "The Naked Gun"), for kids, it works on a completely different level. Revisiting it as an adult can be confusing because it seems like a different series than you remembered.

BadJack likes this.
  17. Myke

Unless you're a grandfather, and you somehow still get excited when the Batmobile's onscreen. :whistle: not me of course, but guys I know around the neighborhood...I'm far too mature for...oh ! never mind...

18. smilin ed

smilin ed Senior Member

I think the Benedict Cumberbatch Sherlock owes quite a bit to this series.

19. Myke

Clark V Kauffman and omom like this.
  20. jabbo5150

jabbo5150 Forum Resident

My replacement discs showed up today. Honestly I probably wouldn't have known what to look for had it not been for this thread, but it's cool they did it

21. BILLONEEG

BILLONEEG Senior Member

My replacement discs came the other day. The colors on the discs were slightly different but that's a minor issue. I placed the new discs where the original ones were & put the original discs in the envelopes glued to the card where the replacements came from. I then put them into the box set to keep them all together. I'm very happy with the replacements.

woody likes this.
  22. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

I assume you cats are all blu ray. Nothing yet on the DVD front.

23. I went whole-hog on the kitchen sink box set back in Nov. 11th...when I found out about the disc replacement program, I submitted my application online and it took all of 10 minutes...they were mailed out to me by Warner over a week ago and I've been enjoying them ever since...:winkgrin::wave:

24. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

Notified!:goodie:

25. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

the slight difference in the color is intentional.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.