Sinatra 100 Campaign

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Bob F, Feb 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob F

Bob F Senior Member Thread Starter

[​IMG]
    FRANK SINATRA’S CENTENNIAL YEAR COMMEMORATED
    WITH A GLOBAL, SINATRA 100 CELEBRATION

Sinatra’s Timeless Influence on Culture and the Arts Explored with A New Stage Show, Exhibits, Music, Video and Book Releases, Special Partnerships and Major Television and Film Events

LOS ANGELES, CA - February 24, 2015 – The Sinatra Family and Frank Sinatra Enterprises are pleased to announce some of the major initiatives confirmed as part of this year’s Sinatra 100 centennial celebration honoring one of the most cherished entertainment legends of all time, Frank Sinatra. Throughout 2015, the 100th anniversary of Sinatra’s birth (December 12, 1915) will be commemorated around the world with a new stage show, prestigious exhibitions, music, video and book releases, special partnerships, major television and film events along with a host of independent tributes and concerts.

An icon who forever epitomizes the American dream, Frank Sinatra continues to have an immeasurable influence on popular culture: music, film, art, theatre, fashion and beyond. Sinatra was a true one-of-a-kind personality whose incredible achievements continue to inspire greatness in others.

The Sinatra 100 celebration kicks off at Lincoln Center on March 4 with the opening of the GRAMMY Museum’s highly-anticipated Sinatra: An American Icon exhibit. Hosted by The New York Public Library for the Performing Arts, the exhibit will run until September 4 and then travel to other U.S. cities. The GRAMMY Museum will also present various Sinatra Centennial panel discussion throughout the year including SXSW (March), Monmouth University (NJ, May 2,) Yale University (June) and University Of Southern California (December.) In addition to the panels, UCLA will offer a special Why Sinatra Matters extension course in May.

The Sinatra 100 celebration will resonate across the broader arts and culture landcape, with a series of new, original Sinatra-inspired paintings by Pop Art icon Peter Max that will be displayed at his NY studio beginning March 2. Across town in Soho, the Morrison Hotel Gallery will host The Sinatra Experience (March 5-26) that will include rare Sinatra family photos curated by Frank Sinatra Enterprises.

Frank Sinatra’s indelible musical legacy will be highlighted with new collections of his timeless recordings presented by Capitol, Universal Music Enterprises, Sony Music and Frank Sinatra Enterprises. Warner Bros. Home Entertainment will release commemorative editions of many of Sinatra’s most memorable films with special screenings at Tribeca Film Festival and the University of Southern California (Los Angeles). A two-part HBO Sinatra documentary, directed by Academy Award winner Alex Gibney, will première on April 5.

In the U.K., a new multimedia stage production, Sinatra, will open at the London Palladium on July 10 for previews, 65 years to the month since Sinatra’s first concert at the venue. In June, the Sinatra Family and Frank Sinatra Enterprises, in conjunction with Iconic Images and ACC, will release a limited edition high-end photography book of stunning and never-before-seen Sinatra images followed in the Fall by Sinatra 100 (Thames and Hudson), a career-spanning photo-laden chronicle by noted Sinatra expert, Charles Pignone.

The Sinatra 100 campaign, will include Jack Daniels, which will raise a glass to Frank with a new Sinatra Select whisky blend, and Raymond Weil, will unveil a custom Sinatra Centennial timepiece in its Maestro Collection. SiriusXM, home of the “Seriously Sinatra” channel, will present special Sinatra programming across its channels throughout the year. In sports, various professional sports teams, including the San Francisco Giants, will hold tribute nights in honor of Sinatra’s 100th birthday. A December special event will soon be announced and the year will conclude with Frank’s voice once again bringing in the New Year in Times Square

The definitive FRANK SINATRA 100 App will provide fans with continuous updates on official Frank Sinatra centennial activities. The free to download app, available for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch and Android tablets, will continue to evolve with exclusive Sinatra 100 content and other updates.

ABOUT FRANK SINATRA

Throughout his six-decade career, Frank Sinatra performed on more than 1,400 recordings and was awarded 31 gold, nine platinum, three double platinum and one triple platinum album by the Recording Industry Association of America. Sinatra demonstrated a remarkable ability to appeal to every generation and continues to do so; his artistry still influences many of today’s music superstars. He also appeared in more than 60 films and produced eight motion pictures.*

Sinatra was awarded Lifetime Achievement Awards from The Recording Academy, The Screen Actors Guild and the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), as well as the Kennedy Center Honors, the Presidential Medal of Freedom and the Congressional Gold Medal. Today, he remains a legend and an inspiration around the world for his contributions to culture and the arts. For more information about Frank Sinatra, visit sinatra.com and follow on Twitter at @FrankSinatra.

PRESS CONTACTS
    Maureen O’Connor
    Rogers & Cowan
    [email protected]

[As posted by Nancy at —> Sinatra Family Forum]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2017
    Rickchick, broshfab4, MRamble and 8 others like this.
  2. Bob F

3. bferr1

bferr1 Forum Resident

Ring-A-Ding DANG!!!

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  4. JimSav

JimSav Well-Known Member

Can't wait to catch those exhibits in New York. This is going to be a fun year.

5. Now, if they'd only get around to letting MoFi continue their SACD release program, instead of the wildly-inconsistent downloads they've been issuing since last year…

Jarleboy, ShawnX, Hamhead and 5 others like this.
  6. MarkusGermany

MarkusGermany WINNING

Good news. Frank deserves nothing but the best.

7. Brian Hamilton-Smith

Brian Hamilton-Smith Forum Resident

Frankly, my dear, I do give a damn. There is no mention of a DVD release of The Joker is Wild, sadly.

Benno123, rod and DLant like this.
  8. Bob F

9. Brian Hamilton-Smith

Brian Hamilton-Smith Forum Resident

Where can I find this Paramount Pictures? I want to give him a good duffing up.

10. Bob F

You're not alone.

11. ViNyLBLADERUNNER

ViNyLBLADERUNNER Well-Known Member

To celebrate.. This sublime performance

"Yeaaah It's The Only Way"

12. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

I want a Ken Burns-type documentry on Frank. How is this not done yet????

VU Master likes this.
  13. paulmock

paulmock Forum Resident

PRESS CONTACTS Maureen O’Connor
    Rogers & Cowan
    [email protected]

Historically, I find the above rather...amusing. The late Warren Cowen was the "Press Agent to The Stars" for decades in Hollywood. He was Mr. S's press agent during some very "heady" years after the 1954 comeback. He was also, at one time, married to Barbara Rush...hence her appearance in some Sinatra films. When Mr. S was getting more and more less-than-flattering press circa 1962 he circled his team of Cowan advisors in his office on Sunset Blvd. and asked what was causing the poor press and what he could do to improve it. (I am serious!!!) Warren himself spoke up and gave Mr. S an honest response regarding brawls, bad press relations, less-than-charming "associates" and was one of the 1st to recommend the 1962 Children's Charity World Tour as a way to begin to improve Mr. S's public image. After some thought, Mr. S agreed to do the tour, thought it was a great idea...and then fired Warren Cowan & Associates as his press team after several very fulfilling years for both parties!!!!!

This story (among others) came to me directly from Mr. Cowen who was a longtime client of the company for which I work. OH! The stories!!!!

Anyway, I am happy to see the name of Cowan once again connected to the name of Sinatra during such a special celebratory year! :-popcorn:

14. bferr1

bferr1 Forum Resident

He's not Ken Burns, but Alex Gibney is no slouch as a documentarian.

Sneaky Pete and Bob F like this.
  15. DLant

DLant The Upstate Gort Staff

I was looking through my Sinatra collection last night and realized that I have, painfully, little in regards to the Columbia years. So, here's hoping that there's a new boxset coming that includes all of his Columbia tracks. If not, I'll have to look for a blue box.

16. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

All I want is a decent version of 'In the wee small hours' album on CD.

That's it.

17. teag

teag Forum Resident

I would rather someone do an accurate account!!

Sneaky Pete, serge and gregorya like this.
  18. paulmock

paulmock Forum Resident

Th4 4 CD set A Voice in Time is a great way to get some Columbia recordings which are even better sounding than the Blue Box!!!

svoegtlin and DLant like this.
  19. jhw59

jhw59 Forum Resident

I see ProStudioMasters is discounting This is Sinatra high res download to $13.99 and I guess you can use the current 15% off code-IGNITE

20. Bob F

21. markbrow

markbrow Forum President

I agree so much. Where is the great Sinatra doc?

And while we're here, which is the best book?

22. Bob F

[​IMG]

“May you all live to be 100 years old and may the last voice you hear be mine!” – Frank Sinatra​

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2017
    Jim T, bozburn and DLant like this.
  23. Bob F

Rolling Stone —> Frank Sinatra Family Plots Centennial Celebration

24. bozburn

bozburn Forum Resident

Cent'anni!

:cheers:

DLant likes this.
  25. Holerbot6000

Holerbot6000 Forum Resident

I will listen to my Capitol-era vinyl records back to back while sipping some JD in the Chairman's honor.

Is there anyone else who loves 'Close to You and More' as much as I do? If ever there was a Dark Horse Sinatra album...

drew phillips and MarkusGermany like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.