"Batman" (Adam West TV show) on DVD Update

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by John DeAngelis, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

a lot easier than the FUGITIVE fiasco...

2. Michael

you're waiting for the DVD replacements?

3. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

Yep

4. Michael

OK, thanks...I guess BR got first treatment.

5. BILLONEEG

BILLONEEG Senior Member

I have no problem with that and thank you for letting me know.

Michael likes this.
  6. Michael

I like it...no mistaking the remaster.

7. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

Here are the extras added to the replacement Disc 1:

Next Week's Villain (7:54) collects all of the series' 42 bumpers promoting "next week's villain" in one continuous eight minute reel with graphics in between indicating to what episode they were originally tagged.

Batman's Amazing Arsenal (0:40) is the vintage "tomorrow" promo that was used to hype the unveiling of the bat-cycle, bat-copter, and bat-boat. This was no doubt intended to promote the theatrical film in which they would all be featured prominently.

Season 1 Rebroadcast Promo (0:22) is the brief "next week" promo that was used to hype the first rebroadcast of the pilot episode.

8. Hawkman

Hawkman Supercar Gort Staff

Gorshin as The Riddler is amazing as are the other 'Top Three' of Newmar's Catwoman and the Joker.

But I have to tell you that I've gotten a new appreciation for Victor Buono as King Tut. I've recently read that he enjoyed that role because he got to 'overact' without restraint. :) I've also come to appreciate his album of comedy verse and his book of the same.

A friend suggested trying this.....and I would suggest trying it for those that have a hard time watching it as an adult......watch it with the thought in mind that EVERYONE is being paid by Bruce Wayne to play out his fantasies. They are just regular folks being paid to play a part. :)

I have to tell you, I STILL get a rush when they jump into the Batmobile and say, "Atomic batteries to power! Turbines to speed! Roger. Ready to move out' and then haul ass out of the Batcave with that flame shooting out of the back of the Batmobile. :) It's still a fun show.

The letter that I got with the blu-ray replacements mentioned replacement discs for discs 1& 5 and for purchasers of the DVD set, discs 1 & 8. They ARE coming so be patient.

I don't remember the arsenal promo or the rebroadcast promo when they aired. I DO remember a promo of some sort that they did where you had to send in box tops or something to get some promo item that I've long forgotten.

9. Michelle66

Michelle66 Senior Member

I got my replacement discs (blu-ray) today, plus a stamped and labeled envelope so I can send the original discs back to Warner Video Japan.

No idea why they want the old discs back, but there was also a note saying I have until November to do so.

I might call to see if I really need to send the discs back, and if there are any consequences if I don't.

10. FredV

FredV Senior Member

Got email that my replacement discs have shipped.

11. Hawkman

Hawkman Supercar Gort Staff

Odd. It was made clear from the beginning and in the letter received with the replacement discs that, at least here in the U.S., we did NOT have to send the original discs back.

WB letter.jpg

12. Michael

yes, patience is a virtue...

Hawkman likes this.
  13. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Asked and answered.

14. FredV

FredV Senior Member

Received my DVD replacement discs today.

15. MarkTheShark

MarkTheShark Senior Member

The latter was attached to the last episode of the second season -- at least I saw it that way in reruns.

16. modrevolve

modrevolve Forum Resident

I received my Italian set today..Aside from one like dent on the box, it arrived in great shape..The replacement discs were already in there and the episode guide is in English. What a steal for $60!

17. modrevolve

I'm watching the first Mr. Freeze episode and his henchmen are clearly wearing the same wool hats that Mike Nesmith would go on to make popular with The Monkees. Wonder if that was an inspiration or just a coincidence?

18. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Since both shows began just a matter of months apart, I'm sure there's no relation.

19. modrevolve

Seeing The Joker's moustache in HD for the first time is driving me crazy :D

Drifter likes this.
  20. Mistermono

Mistermono Forum Resident

Is the set region free?

21. Michael

where did you order it from?

22. Mistermono

Mistermono Forum Resident

23. modrevolve

yes from amazon italy..great product!

24. modrevolve

yes it is..and the only Italian is the back cover..even the guide book is in english..and the replacement discs are already in it

25. Michael

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.