Rush - new 2015 vinyl and hi-res reissues thread. (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Ken_McAlinden, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff Thread Starter

2. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

Woohoo! Part 2!

3. nightenrock

nightenrock Forum Resident

Has anyone analyzed the 24/96 AFTK from the Sector set previously available and determined if those were true 24/96 or upsampled as well?

4. j1804

j1804 Forum Resident

Analyzed a part of the title track:
    [​IMG]
    So it's the real deal.

Isaac Peltz likes this.
  5. nightenrock

nightenrock Forum Resident

Thanks! Wonder what happened to the tape between now and then or if it was just a screw up to put it out in 24/44.1.

6. j1804

j1804 Forum Resident

My guess would be a screw up. Not unheard of in the music biz :)

Drekow likes this.
  7. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Being a minor fan, Im hoping the new remaster of Moving Pictures turns out great. 2112, Moving Pictures and a few of their hits is about all I can do of Rush at this point. Fly By Night is still a fun song.

8. I corresponded with Chad Kassem about the YouTube video with the A Farewell to Kings huge label defect. QRP took the video very seriously and along with Universal Music Group, mounted an investigation. They came to the conclusion that the LP in the video was NOT pressed at QRP. A Farewell to Kings pressings from QRP have a legal line at the bottom of the label. The LP in the YouTube video does not have the legal line and could not have been pressed at QRP.

Simon A likes this.
  9. marblesmike

marblesmike Forum Resident

Then where was it pressed?

10. mitchcortes

mitchcortes Forum Resident

Maby it's the European edition. These are pressed at gzvinyl.

11. marblesmike

marblesmike Forum Resident

Ah okay, good to know. Sorry for all the European Rush fans then :-(

12. Erik Tracy

Erik Tracy Meet me at the Green Dragon for an ale

Wonder if QRP is taking the dishing of discs as seriously as off centered pressings??

johnny q, Mij Retrac and marblesmike like this.
  13. mitchcortes

mitchcortes Forum Resident

My European copy will arrive soon. Will see if the label matches the vinyl shown in the video. My other pressings from gzvinyl are generally good.

14. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

I asked Pono about the possible upsampling of the 24/192 files. Here is their reply:

"We would have to submit an inquiry to the music supplier to see if this was imported in the correct resolution. This process may take a couple weeks"

DiabloG and oneway23 like this.
  15. henry babenko

henry babenko Forum Resident

got my other copy of kings today. this one was doomed on side 1, worse than the last. they wont ever get these things right. all luck of draw. a few slight pops durning madrail again.. oh iam keeping this one.. I don't care anymore. hemispheres will have the same problems iam sure. I only care about waves. pictures and signals. hopefully they will get it right by that time... hopefully

16. DiabloG

DiabloG City Pop, Rock, and anything 80s til I die

It's truly sad to see that you guys getting defective vinyl. This is just getting ridiculous, and with a title as groundbreaking as A Farewell to Kings, I know you guys definitely deserve better than this. I wish you all the best of luck in your pursuits of receiving that particular copy that's about as close to perfect as you can get.

17. Stereosound

Stereosound Forum Resident

Can you please keep on them about this and let us know what they find?

18. Amperage

Amperage Forum Resident

Why isn't AFTK on HDtracks??

19. Veovis

Veovis Forum Resident

Very few people seem to know, but it's speculated that there is some kind of mess-up with this one and that's the reason HDtracks doesn't sell it. It's sold as 24/44.1 at PSM and the hi-res versions at Pono/Qobuz/AS show signs of being upsampled, not true hi-res.

I'm not convinced sample rate is everything, but I do think this is the least good sounding of the 2015 remasters so far.

Hymie the Robot likes this.
  20. Mij Retrac

Mij Retrac Forum Resident

PSM is now selling it at 24/96 and 24/192 too.

Veovis likes this.
  21. Gezza

Gezza Forum Resident

Highresaudio rejected the 2015 AFTK master. They have received a new version and this is being QAd.

22. Orthonormal

Orthonormal Turbo-nerd

ProStudioMasters just sent out a promo email. Their code (good until Wednesday midnight PDT) is KINGS. A Farewell to Kings it their top featured album in the email, and as Mij Retrac mentioned above, it's available in 24/96k and 24/192k now, no 44.1k. It could be that they've gotten the problem sorted out...

chrischerm likes this.
  23. integriscdp

integriscdp Active Member

Unless someone here has been in contact with PSM and received such a confirmation, I'd be hesitant to assume anything. Are the folks at PSM aware of the issues being raised here? :confused:

24. Complier

Complier Senior Member

My copy of AFTK arrived yesterday from Acoustic Sounds. Nice dish warp and a good amount of surface noise even after it was run through the Spin Clean. I am waiting to hear back to obtain my refund.

I'm done with this particular reissue series. All of my old school Rush LPs sound just fine.

Hawklord likes this.
  25. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

Yeah I'm still hesitant on Farewell to Kings. I did scoop up All The World's a Stage with the KINGS code, but cannot manage to get it downloaded via their installer application.