Fear The Walking Dead - amc Original Series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Scope J, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member Thread Starter

[​IMG]

alexpop likes this.
  2. Scope J

Anyone else excited ?!

rufus t firefly likes this.
  3. Scope J

4. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I'm still wondering how they're going to make it different than The Walking Dead, only with more fear.

Jonboy, GentleSenator and Vidiot like this.
  5. SonOfAlerik

SonOfAlerik Forum Resident

It will be interesting to see the society breakdown we missed the first time around since Rick was in a coma. But once it catches up we will see if it holds up.

6. DreadPikathulhu

Wasn't Rick only in the coma for a few weeks? They might be able to spend one season on that time period, but after that I hope they have a plan to make it different than TWD, other than different people in a different location.

7. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Is AMC going to give them the proper budget to make us believe that a zombie apocalypse is taking place in Los Angeles? That's what I'm wondering. This isn't rural Georgia where they can just have them wandering through the woods most of the time.

8. SonOfAlerik

SonOfAlerik Forum Resident

Yes I think it was a few weeks or a month. If they start it a few weeks earlier with people just getting sick they can drag it out longer. Eventually it will be just like season 1 Walking Dead in another location.

9. DreadPikathulhu

I really don't want to watch a different cast of people run away from zombies, even if they set it in an urban location. It could work if they set it in a large town that declared martial law and fenced in the entire area, similar to Romero's Land of the Dead.

10. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

I think this goes back to the beginning of the outbreak.

I will give it a watch.

11. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I fear that the show is going to suck.

12. DreadPikathulhu

TWD had the benefit of having the comic to draw on for the initial characters, then they added their own to fill in the holes.

FTWD goes out of the gate with no established characters, and all of the character cliche's are already covered in the other show.

I'd rather they split the cast of the original show and moved half of them to the west coast. At least we'd already have a reason to care about them.

13. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

Give it a chance! You may just like it!

CBC, Michael, Scope J and 1 other person like this.
  14. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

actually NO...since they are not going to give us the reason for the viral zombie mess...One show is plenty. What this show should have been was a prequel with everything tied into the later current years of TWD.

15. Michael

...Zombies can never suck, but the storyline sure can...what's this Duelin' Zombies?

alexpop likes this.
  16. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I fear they're going to kill the Golden Zombie Goose that laid the Golden Zombie Eggs.

MikeInFla likes this.
  17. Michael

possibly...but, redemption would come if they spill the beans!

18. Michael

my wife is already reminding me of this...she's a huge fan...maybe more than I am.

19. Michael

from what I've heard and read it does not give the cause of the virus.

20. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Series/comic book creator Robert Kirkman says they'll never reveal the cause of the virus -- he feels it's contrary to the point of the show. I'm on the side of "mutated weaponized military virus that got out of control."

MikeInFla likes this.
  21. Michael

I so disagree with his statement, and it pisses me off to say the least. Contrary? Ridiculous...The virus is the point of the show....it's bedded on it!

22. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

He feels the real point of the comic (and the show) is, "how will the humans stay alive in the face of impossible odds, fighting against each other and against the zombies?" It's not, "how and why did the plague start?" I think we got as many of the answers as we're going to get in the couple of episodes at the CDC in Atlanta in season 1. The comic book hasn't answered this either, and they're years and years beyond where we are in the show.

We haven't even gotten to the episode where
    Carl gets his eye shot out and he decides to stay with one of the living groups and leave his father.

See, I can avoid revealing awful secrets about the show! I'm smart! Not like everybody says! I can handle things!

Gumboo, kwadguy and ex_mixer like this.
  23. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Just A Flea-Bit Peanut Monkey

So that's how it started!

Vidiot likes this.
  24. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

I always wondered how Rick stayed alive in a coma for so long with no one looking after him. A saline drip would have only lasted a day. He would have died after 5-6 days I reckon.

I've now stopped buying the comic collections at volume 20. Just doesn't seem to be going anywhere and I'm sure some of the characters have died at least three times.

Those corpses are taking a helluva long time to rot...

25. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident