Is 'Let it Be' DVD finally coming?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by DeYoung, May 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeYoung

DeYoung Forum Resident Thread Starter

2. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

They're using it as fill. Could be a bad sign.

3. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Hey, everyone (J, P, G & R) is smiling in that clip of "Don't Let Me Down". Did they digitally alter all of their faces to be happy? I always heard the film was a bummer, man... ;)

4. Haristar

Haristar Apollo C. Vermouth

I thought that would be the one of the Beatles things that would forever remain unreleased, like Carnival of Light, the long version of Helter Skelter, the other Threetles and Jeff Lynne songs, Early Takes: Volume 2, and the hugely awaited sequel to Ringo's "Bad Boy" - "Ringo Presents 'Bad Boy 2: I've Been a Very Naughty Boy".

5. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Gently weeping guitarist.

I don't think the appearance of that clip signifies anything at all.

vegafleet and JamieC like this.
  6. botley

botley Forum Resident

They've re-mastered the film. Is that news? I thought it was pretty common knowledge. No indication whatsoever that it will be made available for release.

7. dino77

dino77 Forum Resident

Ah...they've used facial software on the whole film; now everyone look like they're on an endorphine high and they world can finally be allowed to see the film again!
    George: "I'll play whatever you want me to play! (smiles) I won't play at all if you don't want to me to play! (winks) Whatever it is that will please you, I'll do it! (broad grin)"

8. DeYoung

DeYoung Forum Resident Thread Starter

I just thought it was strange that those remastered 30-second clips just appeared today. All with a 2013 copyright, of course. Better than lava lamps for Christmas.

9. She is anyway

She is anyway Well-Known Member

Let it be.

(meaning "Please, may it happen" as opposed to "Leave it alone.") :)

10. Mal

Mal Phorum Physicist

It was released - 45 years ago (and on home video in the 80s).

It will be re-issued - when is another question. 50th Anniversary seems likely, if not before.

The 45th Anniversary of the UK opening is on 20th May (next Wednesday, it was the 13th in the USA) - maybe they can't wait for the 50th...

theMess and She is anyway like this.
  11. She is anyway

:cheers:

Ko-Ko Joe, theMess and Mal like this.
  12. Mal

Mal Phorum Physicist

I was born 44 years ago - 'released' 45 years ago :D

(It's not available on home video!)

Last edited: May 15, 2015
    Ko-Ko Joe, DrBeatle and She is anyway like this.
  13. Mr Hankey

Mr Hankey If you eat fiber on Xmas Eve...

Yeah whatever.

14. She is anyway

I quite like this video. Really kicks into gear at 2:13 with the tapping loafer and the banana.

gottafeelin and Mal like this.
  15. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

Don't get your hopes up. Notice that while the video is from Let it Be, the actual music is dubbed in from the albums and is not the recording made while the video plays. I Me Mine, especially is obvious.
    Also, note that all sorts of non-performance and other performance clips are spliced in to make even these short 30 second clips somewhat whole. It is very doubtful that other than the actual end of January actual performance on the roof and in the basement, very little of the complete performances exist on video, although most of the audio does exist on the nagras (although not in recording studio quality).

And many of these clips posted on Youtube have already been released on the Help DVD, for example. I think some of the short clips used to be up on the website's video page as well. I'm not getting my hopes up that this recent posting on you tube means anything at all.

16. Mal

Mal Phorum Physicist

It's an instant classic :righton:

gottafeelin and She is anyway like this.
  17. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

And shouldn't this ENTIRE thread be over on the Visuals side of SHF?
    It is video we are talking about here, nothing new on the audio that accompanies it.

18. jwb1231970

jwb1231970 Ordinary Guy

If they are worried about the bad vibes shown just edit them out. In fact why not use all the existing footage to edit together a completely new film. They could call it "Get Back" and release finally the "Get Back" album as it was originally envisioned as an accompanying disc, please please me cover and all. I think this would be an exciting thing to do, definitely be a big market for it too.

19. Mal

Mal Phorum Physicist

CMcGeek likes this.
  20. sparkydog

sparkydog Forum Resident

21. Tony Jonaitis

Tony Jonaitis Forum Resident

Is there any Beatles fan that hasn't seen Let It Be? Geez, decent dubs from the laserdisc are easily available online.

22. helter

helter Forum Resident

Their actually going to package Let it Be with Elvis In Concert 1977 CBS special.
    Working title " The Last Gasp"

S. P. Honeybunch likes this.
  23. Tony Jonaitis

Tony Jonaitis Forum Resident

Also available on both ebay and Amazon at this very moment (12:10pm, Friday, 5/15/2015). Sure, a blu-ray with all sorts of tasty extras would be great, but the original is easy to get.

24. sons of nothing

sons of nothing Forum Resident

I thought most, if not all of the Rooftop Show has been released on dvd, though staggered across multiple releases. Anyways, I figure most Beatles Fans have this show. I dubbed mine a couple years ago off a Beta tape, of all things!

Uncle Meat likes this.
  25. Mal

Mal Phorum Physicist

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.