Alanis Morissette- Jagged Little Pill 20th Anniversary 2-disc and 4-disc editions

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PaulKTF, Mar 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member Thread Starter

2. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Was just reading about this ....certainly could be cool depending on what is added .

3. PaulKTF

Give me the live B-Sides, some demos, and unreleased songs, and a DVD with all the music videos and I'll be very happy.

cevans121, DrAftershave, RonW and 4 others like this.
  4. Muzyck

Muzyck Pardon my scruffy hospitality

Glory days. It has been nine years since she went back to the well with "Jagged Little Pill - Acoustic" in 2005. Here we go again. Fits the cycle I guess.

sami and RelayerNJ like this.
  5. PaulKTF

Well, it's not like she hasn't had successful albums since JLP (albeit none nearly as successful, to be sure).

I thought JLP Acoustic was by and large pretty good.

ARK likes this.
  6. pinkrudy

pinkrudy Senior Member

im interested i suppose...i love the album...just sad she never matched it or topped it.

7. PaulKTF

Yeah, the subsequent albums have been pretty spotty, but not without some good songs on each. But none of them can really compare to JLP.

8. Muzyck

There was a "Space Cakes" acoustic CD that came out around the time of the original release too. Not sure releasing a "new" version of your one big success every ten years can go without a degree of sniping from the public. I said my bit. I am sure there are others that may not be so subtle. I wish her luck with it.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
  9. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

What else has she got to do at the moment?

10. PaulKTF

Take care of her kid? Write new music? Plan the next tour? Decide what to have for dinner? I imagine she's not exactly bored.

smokeverbs and SecondHandNews like this.
  11. SecondHandNews

SecondHandNews Forum Resident

You were being subtle?

mestreech likes this.
  12. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

I look forward to this one as I always liked that album.

13. SecondHandNews

SecondHandNews Forum Resident

Looking forward to this, by the way. Hopefully it's not one of those disappointing reissues with a bonus track or two. Would really like to get something substantial and enjoyable.

14. Muzyck

Yes. You should have seen what I had in mind if my snark filter was turned off. I would have also added how well this one has aged and wonder if it would be just a Glen Ballard release or if Alanis was going to participate too?

;)

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
    Nostaljack likes this.
  15. Robber Soul

Robber Soul Forum Resident

I'm curious in seeing where the book portion of this potential project can be taken. Being opinionated and not shy of expressing herself, it could be an interesting read.

As far as musical content goes, any unreleased material from ther era I would be interested in hearing. Just don't record new material and tack it on to this one.

SecondHandNews likes this.
  16. PaulKTF

With the book portion, I hope we get some early handwritten lyrics sheets reproduced (maybe with early and alternative lyrics?).

17. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

It's one of the few mega hit records of that era that still holds up...That said, I don't care much about the book and I don't want any "new" songs to go with it. If she clears the cupboards of material from the same era--demos, live, unreleased--then I could be enticed to buy again.

18. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

There is a bunch. A lot of the unreleased material you can here on the DVD that was released after the JLP tour.

19. PaulKTF

The album turns 20 on June 13th so I guess we aren't getting the re-released version in time for that specific date. Maybe later this year?

20. RelayerNJ

RelayerNJ Forum Resident

I saw her last year as an acoustic trio, and she was great, especially her band, but I left wondering what these songs mean to her anymore. These songs sorta fit a time and place for her when she was young and hungry. Now she is the bazzilionare. Why does she keep coming back to these songs?

21. PaulKTF

Because audiences still expect to hear them because A). They like them, B). The songs have meaning to them, and C). Some of her newer songs aren't as catchy.

BluesOvertookMe and ARK like this.
  22. PaulKTF

I was hoping we'd see a U.S re-release (maybe a 2-disc set?) of her two Canadian teen pop albums "Alanis" and "Now Is The Time"... Maybe with the A-Side and B-Side of her very first single as bonus tracks.

23. RelayerNJ

RelayerNJ Forum Resident

I understand this, and the money aspect of it all, but what do they mean to her anymore? At one point in the show, she was talking about motherhood. I dunno, it just seems like she's past this part of her life.

24. RelayerNJ

RelayerNJ Forum Resident

One other thing: For that acoustic show, of all the songs she played, including the majority of JLP, she did not play You Oughta Know. I found that peculiar.

25. pinkrudy

pinkrudy Senior Member

she was over this part of her life right after jagged little pill back in the 90s. her second album was all mellow. she changed to a grown mother in the span of one album.

RelayerNJ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.