Joy Division. 2015 RHINO Anniversary vinyl reissues

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jimhb, May 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Bish

The Bish Forum Resident

I think the heart and soul box set scoops up most of their work. Sound quality is reasonable.

2. Colocally

Colocally One Of The New Wave Boys

The new Substance actually adds the alternate Love Will Tear Us Apart and As You Said, so these four albums are pretty much it, although once you get them all, then you want more lol

jimhb and JeffMo like this.
  3. mooseman

mooseman Forum Resident

Highly recommend this Box Set - Heart & Soul- You will have more then you need..nice price too.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1Z2BSJK5N15ZS3HGEANG

patient_ot likes this.
  4. Kristeva

Kristeva Forum Resident

I went through two copies of the 2007 reissue - both had the same issues. Other people had similar experiences - it wasn't uncommon - there's general discussion on here in previous threads, but if you got a good one that's grand. Since it went out of print prices have risen steadily.

When I had it I tried comparing it to my originals but the reissue had too many faults to make a meaningful comparison - they seemed to be quite similar though

5. Willowman

Willowman Senior Member

I agree - the Rhinos were very close to my original pressings.

6. Still has now dropped on Amazon UK to 22pounds.

7. Colocally

Colocally One Of The New Wave Boys

Are these not being released in North America and Canada? Can't see them on Amazon.ca

8. It's Felix

It's Felix It's not really me

Yes spotted that. Good news

9. stem

stem Forum Resident

And Substance has now dropped to £13.68.
    Not a bad price for a double vinyl.

10. stem

stem Forum Resident

And Substance has now dropped to £13.68.
    Not a bad price for a double vinyl.

It's Felix likes this.
  11. Turntable

Turntable Senior Member

Thanks. Now ordered. I never liked the single lp Substance.

trouble is I ordered another 8 albums as well on vinyl :crazy::rant::pineapple:

JeffMo and c-eling like this.
  12. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

Only 8?!?

I hope they were all 180g at least. I would hate to think you were being cheap....:D

13. It's Felix

Sounds like a normal day! Prices back up to £17 on Amazon UK...

Turntable likes this.
  14. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

I see no need to pre-order these. I'm sure they'll be available in local shops worldwide, just like the 2007 reissues were/are.

15. It's Felix

Part of the excitement is pre ordering. No commitment until nearer the time. Plenty of time to change mind too

16. It's Felix

I already changed my mind. And will hunt a Factory Still instead...

17. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

Got UP today - the sleeve is very nice, like the original. Haven't played it yet but the sticker says sourced from the 2007 masters so I guess they won't sound much different to the last lot of reissues.

Substance has been put back to the end of July for some reason.

18. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

Did anyone pre order Substance on Amazon UK and it now shows as Still?? :shrug:

19. stem

stem Forum Resident

No, I pre-ordered Substance (back in May) and it continues to show as Substance.

20. inaptitude

inaptitude Forum Resident

I did. I even sent them a question about it and they responded saying that it was just an error in the image and that it is actually Substance. Also I ordered it at 11£!

21. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

Mine too, but if you click on the open order it takes you to the page for Still and tells you that you have purchased it!!

22. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

I got it at £11 too, I'm going to buy Still as well so I'll see what they send first before I purchase the other. I already have 2 copies of Still anyway, will be interesting to see what the sleeve on astill will look like.

23. stem

stem Forum Resident

Ok, I see what you mean. I now realise that it is showing an image of Still against my order of Substance.
    Something weird going on there.
    I also just noticed that the price for Substance has in the meantime doubled to £27.99 since my pre-order !

24. DrewHarris

DrewHarris Forum Resident

Sounds interesting. Funny that this news came around the time I got myself the 2007 reissues but they were defective when I tried to play them. :(

25. bonjo

bonjo Forum Resident

Saw these yesterday and they look 100% identical to the 2007 reissues: Unknown Pleasures looks spot-on, and Closer still looks like they xerox'ed the original artwork. The only difference is the new hype sticker w/2015 copyright. Maybe these won't be off center pressings.

marcfeld69 and rtalwani like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.