Joy Division. 2015 RHINO Anniversary vinyl reissues

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jimhb, May 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chahooa

chahooa Forum Resident

I'm seeing them as pre-order, price seems higher than mentioned. $33 for Substance. Not outrageous, but not £11

2. Pancat

Pancat Senior Member

Amazon UK say they have cocked up on their pricing so they've now cancelled my Substance order and it's been re-listed at more than double what my original pre-order was. Sly. So much for pre-order price guarantee.

andres lira likes this.
  3. powissquare

powissquare Forum Resident

I had the same issue( though they said it was with the listing). I phoned up to complain and they gave it to me at the lowest price it went down to after my initial order. I just had to order it again.

Pancat likes this.
  4. calfeerider

calfeerider Forum Resident

I have a pre-order in for Substance with amazon.ca with a release date of July 17th.No changes as of yet.

5. I just got up to the same cancellation email from Amazon UK. I had pre ordered both Substance and Still when they were first listed and wont be re ordering at their current pricing. I've sent Amazon an email and will wait and see what happens. With the rather drastic fall in the NZ dollar and the pre order price hikes it looks like I'll have to pass for now.

Pancat likes this.
  6. andres lira

andres lira Forum Resident

I contact the amazon's CS via chat and they solved it. They add just one pound compared to the original price they were charging me, not perfect but i can live with that.

Thanks Pancat for the heads up, i doubt i would have notice this.

Pancat likes this.
  7. willboy

willboy Forum Resident

Similar thing here...received an email from amazon cancelling my pre ordered Substance priced £20.99 due to them getting the price mixed up with Still. They said that I would have reorder Substance if I wanted - now priced at £27.99.
    Not happy with that I've just phoned amazon's CS who have solved things to my satisfaction - I reordered Substance over the phone for the original price of £20.99.
    Pleased with that! :)

Pancat likes this.
  8. willboy

willboy Forum Resident

If you haven't already then get in touch with them as it's amazon's error not ours.

Pancat likes this.
  9. Pancat

Pancat Senior Member

No worries. I've emailed them my complaint.

10. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Right. Only sort of incorrect. They were mastered. Just not by Steve Hoffman. So the rumors were half right.

11. Pancat

Pancat Senior Member

I contacted amazon and they've reduced my order from £28 to £15. I would recommend this to anyone in the same position.

willboy likes this.
  12. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

They wouldn't offer me a reduced price for some reason, might just have been the person I spoke too but I was getting nowhere with her...may try again later.

13. Pancat

Pancat Senior Member

I would. If you haven't already, it might be worth flagging up that you know of other customers who've been given the reduction. I'm no expert in retail law but it seems very dodgy to list at one price and then change it after you've ordered.

14. inaptitude

inaptitude Forum Resident

This sucks. I ordered for £11. I even alerted them to the fact that the image had changed to the Still cover and received the following response:

Hello,

I am sorry for the misunderstanding created.

I've checked and can confirm that you order is still for "Substance" and image might be the result of error.It will be fixed as soon as possible.

If we can help further with this or anything else, please don't hesitate to get in touch again:

Yeah, thanks for "fixing" that. Anyways. I forwarded them this email so hopefully they will lower it for me.

15. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

I'm moving back to Canada in 3 weeks and Amazon ca have it for $25, I've just ordered it from there.

Gems-A-Bems and Pancat like this.
  16. inaptitude

inaptitude Forum Resident

Quick response:

I completely understand the concern regarding the price difference for the item.

However, there is no cause of concern. Rest assured, I kindly request you to place an order and write back to us with the order number so that we will refund the difference for the order.

Pancat likes this.
  17. willboy

willboy Forum Resident

Blimey that's nearly half the current asking price! Goes to show that it does pay to pre order on times. :)

Pancat likes this.
  18. After a couple of emails I've re-ordered and they've adjusted the pricing to match my earlier pre order. Happy enough with that.

Pancat and willboy like this.
  19. Paully

Paully De gustibus non est disputandum

Has there been any information on mastering, source, etc. for Substance?

20. tocknet

tocknet Forum Resident

21. Mr.Sneis

Mr.Sneis Forum Resident

Rhino puts out the currently available Unknown Pleasures? I gave one a try and it was pretty bad. Not sure who did the mastering and cutting though; will remain hopeful.

22. DrewHarris

DrewHarris Forum Resident

I retract that statement now that I've tried them on my grandmother's player. No skips. My old player is just broken.

23. Craig Williams

Craig Williams Forum Resident

I got Amazon to reduce Substance back down to 13.50 because of their "error".

Pancat and inaptitude like this.
  24. jimhb

jimhb Forum Resident Thread Starter

Do you remember how low it got on Amazon UK? They changed the price for me, but it didn't seem as good as it once was.

25. tocknet

tocknet Forum Resident

£13.68 - they have honoured mine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.