Three (Now Eight) Upcoming Sinatra/Capitol Titles on MFSL LP & SACD*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Bob F, Aug 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jtsjc1

jtsjc1 Forum Resident

Like Bob said get Where Are You? as the first SACD. Fantastic mono recording you can hear every note the band is playing and Frank is next to you on the couch. I would get the gold cds of Only The Lonely and Nice 'N' Easy before they completely disappear. Also get those 2 MFSL vinyls soon. Only The Lonely MFSL vinyl is going for astronomical prices on Amazon. I try to buy these as they come out because a few years later they triple in price. The vinyls sound beautiful too.

Bob F likes this.
  2. Mugsy5591

Mugsy5591 Member

Wow, thanks for the heads up on this. $40 is a steal.

MikeJedi likes this.
  3. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

Sinatras Sinatra also on MD for i think 50 bucks Mfsl LP. ! Getem before their gone lol!! I own most if these and they sound amazing. I wish I would have got the sands one when it was in print

4. Bob F

Bob F Senior Member Thread Starter

I don't think so. Link?

5. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

Bob F likes this.
  6. Bob F

Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
  7. Turmatic

Turmatic Forum Resident

Than
    Thanks for this. I just ordered Nice 'n' Easy. I have and enjoy the SACD's. They all sound great and I can't wait for the new gold!

MikeJedi and Bob F like this.
  8. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

Based on the recommendations here I orderd the 2 Gold CDs (Nice 'N' Easy and Sings For Only the Lonely) along with the Where Are You SACD
    I'll get the remaining 4 SACD at a later date

Bob Belvedere likes this.
  9. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

does MD still have the gold cd of the only the lonely , i know they have the LP....

10. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

I don't believe MD has the Only the Lonely Gold disc.
    I am buying them from another source

11. Eric B.

Eric B. Active Member

WHAT?-Only the lonely was reissued and is GONE already?:eek: Damn,, how is 'nice and easy'?, I started with the Capitol collectors series, based on forum recommendations, but I was warned,'you have to be old enough to DRINK to really enjoy Sinatra (I am,and I do),and, you can't own just ONE Sinatra album!. Well I got 5 of the 6 Sacd that came out, love them, is there ANYWHERE still selling mfsl only the lonely? And whats the consensus on 'nice and easy'?
    :tiphat:

12. Bob F

All of the MFSL issues are limited editions, and the two Gold CDs were released in 2008. Seven years is a long time for these. They've probably lasted this long only because Frank Sinatra has a (relatively) limited audience.

As for Nice 'n' Easy, it is the original stereo mix—very wet. Some prefer less reverb. I like it, because that's how I first heard the Capitol LP. MoFi has done a nice mastering job, IMO. YMMV.

LeeS, Simon A, paulmock and 1 other person like this.
  13. paulmock

paulmock Forum Resident

eBay always has OTL MoFi CD available. Be prepared to open your wallet...W-I-D-E!

LeeS, driverdrummer and Bob Belvedere like this.
  14. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

When it comes to releases like this, never say "at a later date."

I'm glad I took the financial hit and ordered all of them while they were still available. I only had to give up eating out for a week vs. the month it would take now to justify the expense.

15. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

I hear you loud and clear :)
    Can't count the times I've dragged my feet only to regret it later.
    In this case later is early next month after my VISA statement date.
    The seller has plenty of stock and the current sale will still be in effect.

16. Eric B.

Eric B. Active Member

It was my fault not paying attention to the gold cd, i was looking at the sacds but didn't think to check the sinatra redbook cds.(perhaps I feared the 'norberg' cd effect). :tiphat:

17. POGunter

POGunter Forum Resident

I was glad to pick this up on Vinyl without paying after market prices as I missed it when it came out having waited to long. Mine just came today from MD. They are not numbered copies but that is fine by me as I plan on playing it not just collecting. Hope to tear it open tonight.

Zomvid likes this.
  18. Bob Belvedere

Bob Belvedere Forum Resident

The gold CD arrived last Thursday - still haven't had a chance to listen to it - and it well-packaged.

19. Zomvid

Zomvid Delicate Genius

Mine arrived too! Not numbered but who cares? I love it. I'm glad I didn't buy it when it went out of print, prices were ridiculous then.

20. Mugsy5591

Mugsy5591 Member

None of the MFSL LPs or SACDs of OTL or Nice 'n' Easy were numbered. I believe they were the only ones that weren't.

21. POGunter

POGunter Forum Resident

Did not know that. Thanks for the info. My just purchased vinyl copy of OTL sounds great. MFSL did a good job on all these titles.

22. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

Allow me to rephrase: MFSL did a good job on all these Capitol titles. :)

brianvargo and MarkusGermany like this.
  23. Zomvid

Zomvid Delicate Genius

Good to know then.

24. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

well i hope y'all got in a few weeks back casue now the MFSL titles are totally outrageous of the remaining Sinatra titles except Where are you, and Sintaras Swingin Session and Point of No Return and I think No one cares.. those are the only reasonably prices ones left.. WOWZ they want 149.00 for NiceNEasy MFSL 180gmLP............ Crazy!

25. Bob F

All six of the titles (four on vinyl) which are the subject of this thread are still available, and the prices are unchanged from their original release. See posts above for —> SACD and —> LP links.

It's only the (much) earlier albums which are becoming scarce. Nice 'n' Easy was one of the first, and it's at the end of its life cycle. There's no surprise that the price has skyrocketed now, after seven years.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
    Bob Belvedere and Simon A like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.