Paul McCartney Archive Collection - Tug Of War & Pipes Of Peace coming! (Part Two)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by daveidmarx, Feb 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Didn't remember that. Thanks.

2. leeroy jenkins

leeroy jenkins Forum Resident

Don't give up - somebody has it. When I was still trading stuff, it never ceased to amaze me what would turn up. I'm convinced that every live performance was taped by somebody.

mrjinks and theMess like this.
  3. I meant "I Lie Around," not Heart of the Country. I'm really on a roll.

theMess likes this.
  4. djej

djej Forum Resident

5. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

I wonder if anyone recorded the pre-show music in 2005 or 2006, which apparently included one of the unreleased songs from the Chaos sessions?

Rocco likes this.
  6. SixOClockBoos

SixOClockBoos The Man On The Flaming Pie

The way I thought about the 2 bonus CD's of RRS is that one is the double album version that never happened and the other is the bonuses that were recorded around that time but left off the album (ex. Thank You Darling). I Lie Around would be on the Double Album disc since it was meant to be on the double album version.

theMess likes this.
  7. Rocco

Rocco Find My Way

Or, you could say it is so bad it is good - trainwreck quality and a guilty pleasure for sure. Thank God Linda is there with those get-ups they are wearing. I agree on the track - it has some bite the original didn't - like 'em both.

Paul H and theMess like this.
  8. Rocco

Rocco Find My Way

I agree - Wings will surprise you, and these two both have cult followings.

JDeanB likes this.
  9. supermd

supermd Senior Member

Sorry, but I know nothing about an extra CD. I didn't even realize any editions carried one.

10. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Forum Resident

Yep, there's a dedicated thread somewhere here about it. It was a remaster of his album Standard Time I believe, but it may have been a limited edition.

Mark

11. jgkojak

jgkojak Mull of Kansas

Great work. I really like this.. Will be my go to version
    k...I rea

theMess likes this.
  12. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

I think the entire Wings Over SF should've been added to that gigantic deluxe edition. MPL shouldn't have skimped on adding another disc to $100+ box set. Let's hope the complete show makes it out someday, perhaps as an iTunes release.

13. daveidmarx

daveidmarx Forem Residunt Thread Starter

Ytufgv uuhfsdfsdf fsdeyrgnng, obviously...

:wtf:

14. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

Speaking of next releases, didn't someone recently notice that Apple accidentally added unreleased live versions of BTTE tracks (instead of studio ones) on their streaming service? Perhaps that's a hint of what's "coming soon"?

15. leeroy jenkins

leeroy jenkins Forum Resident

I would have gladly bought the deluxe if it had. I bought the Best Buy version to get the SF tracks.

theMess likes this.
  16. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

That person who posted that hasn't been heard from since. It never happened. He likely had those live tracks already in his computer, and somehow some files got confused. There were no live Back To The Egg tracks released by accident---and only in Maine (that person's place of residence), because no one else in the other 49 states could verify or duplicate what he says happened.

theMess and supermd like this.
  17. supermd

supermd Senior Member

Yes, he had the live tracks, and Apple Music mistook some of the live ones for the studio ones. Something about that service only wanting one title of each song per album or something... But yeah, it was someone who had those live tracks already on his computer.

JimC, theMess and Arnold Grove like this.
  18. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

For anyone else like myself wondering the same question, I saw this in one of the review comments apparently posted by the publisher:

"Initial post
    : Jul 15, 2014 1:27:33 PM PDT
    Dalton Watson says:

To clarify, the regular edition sold by Amazon does not include a CD or slipcase. Glyn Morris, Dalton Watson Fine Books"

theMess, Mark Wilson and ConnieGuitar like this.
  19. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

218 pages is way too much to have to dig through, so hopefully someone can respond. I just checked my order on Amazon Japan, and my preorder price for Tug of War is $155 in US$. Was the retail price that expensive, or did I pay a significant "Japan premium"?

Thanks.

20. Arnold Grove

Are you asking about the Super-Duper Special Deluxe edition of Tug Of War?

21. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

I think so, yes. The photo on Amazon shows a slip case that looks like red velvet

22. Arnold Grove

Yes, that is the Extra Super-Duper edition. I believe other people here have quoted prices of US $150 for it. I'm not sure if anyone found a much lower price than that. If someone has found a lower price, I'm sure he or she will post it here.

23. gswan

gswan Forum Resident

That was never going to happen. The archive series is being made to highlight the original album, not over shadow them. I'm sure that is 'one' of the reasons the sets aren't being overwhelmed with bonus material, the bonus content isn't meant to be the focus (and trust me, as a card carrying Wings fan, a complete Cow Palace concert would become my focus).

It would be a nice thought to get the complete Bruce McMouse movie with Red Rose Speedway, but it's not going to happen, at best we'll get a teaser of one or two songs, the same will happen with Back to the egg. Any complete releases of concerts etc will be saved for future (maybe), stand alone releases.

SixOClockBoos and JimC like this.
  24. jgkojak

jgkojak Mull of Kansas

I would have loved a Macca Bootleg Series in the mid 90s or even after Anthology/Flaming Pie- or even if Wingspan was a 4 disc set w/2 discs of unreleased stuff or even one dang bonus disc to cover the cold cuts material!

25. Carlox

Carlox Forum Resident

THIS!!:agree:

theMess and kevintee like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.