Should Have Bob Dylan Included "One Too Many Mornings" on Nashville Skyline?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Mike Bass, Sep 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Bass

Mike Bass Forum Resident Thread Starter

Another duet, of many, that Dylan recorded with Johnny Cash for Nashville Skyline...

2. DR.J

DR.J Forum Resident

I voted yes, but that's history. How about a major release of all the duets now?? Oh, and please may it sound as good as Nashville Skyline!!

Mike Bass likes this.
  3. feinstei9415

feinstei9415 Forum Resident

I forgot that this was also one of the few worthwhile duets from that session. The Bootleg Series should, for the sake of interesting history, release the entire session including any video that is available. The problem with the various bootlegs of this session is that they all suffer from a 60 cycle hum (although otherwise the fidelity is excellent).

Mike Bass likes this.
  4. Tedster

Tedster Forum Resident

While I like both Dylan and Cash, their voices don't mesh together particularly well. It's interesting to hear or a novelty at first, but that goes away quick. The "Girl From The North Country" on the Johnny Cash television show went OK.

5. smoke

smoke Forum Resident

No. And the Dylan/Cash sessions are only fun to listen to when you're drunk...but then they are damn fun indeed.

6. alchemy

alchemy Forum Resident

No. Only because it would have skewed the flow of the LP. People would have wanted more of a Johnny & Bob Lp an that was not the direction he wanted to go at that time.

I love the veri son of One Too Many Mornings.

7. cublowell

cublowell Forum Resident

It's fun, but a little too loose for the album. Great video though, thanks for that OP!

Mike Bass likes this.
  8. Muddy

Muddy Large Member

...when drunk.

But you have to be tripping to enjoy the Dylan/Harrison session. :)

Mike Bass and smoke like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.