Jethro Tull Too Old To Rock and Roll too young to Die! deluxe 2016

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Daniel Falaschi, May 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jjjos

jjjos Forum Resident

I hope SFTW and HH aren't missing any masters...

2. tootull

tootull Looking through a glass onion

:yikes: Please don't go there. No alarm bells here yet.

3. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

Sounds like the strings and horns from the album are flown in at various times. Possibly the female vox too.

ParloFax and Galeans like this.
  4. FVDnz

FVDnz Forum Resident

Ah very good. Any word as to whether the missing multi-track tracks ended up getting upmixed to 5.1 via Penteo or something? Oh and, ordered! :)

5. Plan9

Plan9 Mastering Engineer

I don't think they have. All the album tracks have at least one true surround mix thanks to the original Quad.

tootull and FVDnz like this.
  6. seg763

seg763 Forum Resident

Whilst confirming that tese are now coming out twice a year (passion & war in 2014) (Minstrel & old in 2015) whereas benefit was '13 brick was '12 ' equaling was '11 and stand up was '10. I noticed on the back cover of both the Warchild and Passion Play books it states copyright "2104"

I guess we really are living in the past...

7. Daniel Falaschi

Daniel Falaschi Live detective Thread Starter

Benefit and APP were delayed because of EMI`s selling.

8. murrays

murrays Forum Resident

Daniel, I think seg763's point was to do with the year: 2104.

9. privit1

privit1 Senior Member

One way to keep it in copyright for a Looonnggg time

10. Daniel Falaschi

Price has dropped a bit at Amazon uk.

11. It would need to!

12. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

Fantastic :cheers:

13. zen

zen Senior Member

I guess at this point, any TULL album (of the classic rock era) will go "deluxe."

driverdrummer and tootull like this.
  14. Daniel Falaschi

Ian Anderson is also preparing to publish the new edition of "Too Old to Rock and Roll, Too Young to Die" (1976), which was remixed by Steven Wilson, who was already working with the catalog of Jethro Tull. "Salamander's ragtime" and "Commercial traveler": In addition to original songs and several curiosities, two unpublished songs are included.

"Those demos were sophisticated, with many arrangements and explains flautista- trials. If they had been released at the time, he had spent more time laburándolas modifying or writing best voices alone. But they were 'usable' in terms of guitars, bass, keyboards and drums. The boxset will be released on ... "(Search your phone to check).

-¿27 November?

Oh, you have the date. Exactly.

The guy on the cover of "Too Old ..." is too much like you. Was it intentional?

It's a dilemma. If you talk about a character and put it at the top, people were going to make it difficult to associate with the band. So I was tempted to use a drawing similar to me, and get me as an actor. Same with the cover of "Aqualung" (1971), and that extends to music. If you listen to Alanis Morissette, it's all about "me and my feelings." The master and is a great composer, but could you imagine waking up every morning next to her and starts to tell you that? You would not last too (laughs). I talk about people, circumstances or problems. My son Andrew Lincoln -the famous kill zombies in The Walking Dead, but in real life is a parent who brings to walk your dog. Once he had to go to a charity event and was not disappointed. My wife said, "By God, Andy, you're an actor. Action! "(Laughs). And something happened to me when I went to the David Letterman show for the first time. The guy made me thousands of jokes, I felt bad and it was horrible. So the second visit I was convinced they were going to laugh at me, but did not take it personally.

-

15. PROGGER

PROGGER Forum Resident

But no advertising man :thumbsdow

16. tootull

tootull Looking through a glass onion

stratmonkee, Paulo Alm and Dok like this.
  17. cc--

cc-- Forum Resident

18. Dok

Dok Senior Member

Great interview! Hadn't heard that about Bryan Ferry and company or Alex Harvey before.

19. jjjos

jjjos Forum Resident

I didn't know Rick Grimes was his son-in-law!

20. frank3si

frank3si Forum Resident

Nice interview, but "self conscience?" Ouch...

"I suppose they found them a bit too posturing, a bit too dressy and self conscience, and they were rather impatient with Roxy Music and it was only when Bryan Ferry announced that for the last song in the set they were going to play, what was then their hit back in England that was ‘Virginia Plain’."

21. cc--

cc-- Forum Resident

yeah, the text and transcription are really bad ... I was wondering if it was a translation problem, but the author appears to be British!

22. murrays

murrays Forum Resident

Surprising, really. He brings it up in every single interview I've heard/read in the last few years. :)

Todd W. likes this.
  23. shadowlord

shadowlord Forum Resident

any chance the remixed album will be released on a single vinyl disc like Aqualung ?

24. Plan9

Plan9 Mastering Engineer

Considering the first 5 have been reissued on vinyl so far, I'd say yes.

25. Daniel Falaschi

Galeans likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.