High end turntables in tv shows and the movies

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by James_S888, Jun 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdm08033

mdm08033 Senior Member

Marc's rig as of May 2013, http://www.thevinyldistrict.com/nashville/2013/05/marc-maron-the-tvd-interview/

What type of system do you have now?

A pretty high-end Pro-Ject turntable, a Cronus Magnum tube amp and a good set of speakers. When I interviewed Jack White at Third Man, I noticed he had several Macintosh tube amps. When I went to price them, though, they were way more than I wanted to spend. Instead, I went over to Brooks Berdan and they helped me put together a nice system.

http://brooksberdanltd.com/

Marc has complained about tube failure on his podcast.

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guit...idlife-crisis-and-the-meaning-of-music-585761

In another segment of Thinky Pain, you talk about visiting Jack White and seeing all of his McIntosh amps. You thought about getting one, but they were too expensive. Did you settle on a lower-priced amp for your stereo system?

"I got a Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum. They're a company out of Philly. It's something that this store I was in had. It's a big piece of equipment. It seems to be doing the job. I got some Sonic Sonus Faber Toy Tower speakers, and I ended up with a Pro-Ject Xperience Classic turntable. There's still part of me that wants to crank Zeppelin, so I might have to get a preamp of some kind."

I'll stop now.

2. Colin M

Colin M Forum Resident

In the books he was CD based

3. quadjoe

quadjoe Senior Member

In What Women Want, Mel Gibson's character has a Rega P25 (I'm guessing) with a Rega Elys (guessing again) cartridge. You don't get to see much of the rest of the system.

4. rebellovw

rebellovw Forum Resident

I saw a very nice old B&O turntable on Hinterland - episode 2.

5. 500Homeruns

500Homeruns Peaceful Punk

Not to nitpick, but Rogue Audio is about 100 miles north of Philadelphia.;)

mdm08033 likes this.
  6. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

7. Dhreview16

Dhreview16 Forum Resident

As others have said the (Michell) Transcriptors Reference was a star of Clockwork Orange.

There was also a Michell Gyro SE, with I think the Rega arm, in the Bruce Willis sci-fi thriller Looper. I think the deck may have got more hits on you tube.....

8. Jimi Floyd

Jimi Floyd Forum Resident

[​IMG]

9. October Man

October Man I am the October Man, I dream of many things

[​IMG]

NCIS. Dr. Donald "Ducky" Mallard spinnin' some tunes :)

10. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Sunday in New York, Jane Fonda's brother Played by Cliff Robertson has a nice system in his apartment. Garrard I think because it has a bent spindle.
    He plays it and you can hear it clunking through the change.
    Going way back, but it's all I got:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.