Future Rolling Stones From The Vault releases

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by John Fell, Nov 29, 2015.

1. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor Thread Starter

I thought it might be interesting to discuss possible future vault releases.

Here are some of the rumors that I have heard aside from the last download from Toronto released in physical format.

Amsterdam 1995 or another club show.
    Paris 1976
    Shepherd's Bush Empire 1999
    San Jose 1999
    Atlantic City 1989

Does anyone else have any information or ideas?

2. George Blair

George Blair Senior Member

Still hoping for some version of El Mocambo '77.

3. ash1

ash1 Forum Resident

The 1964 Radio Luxembourg acetate that Bill owns would be a top release.
    Must admit my fave Stones era is with Jones and i have pretty much zero interest post 73 so concerts from after that point are ....
    How about a super deluxe Beggars with some decent sleevenotes and a whole bonus cd of outtakes

4. John Fell

I don't think any video exists of the 2 shows so it's probably lower on the list.

5. IndyTodd

IndyTodd Senior Member

I think Atlantic City makes a ton of sense at some point if they have the clearances to include the special guests. They've obviously got very high quality video, special guests, probably the most high profile show of the Steel Wheels tour at the time with the tv aspect, etc.

6. John Fell

I believe they still have to get permission from Allen Klein's son to do anything with the Abkco era material. However, he has been easier for them to work with than his father and has allowed the release of a few things. This would likely be a Super Deluxe Edition and not a From The Vault release.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
    Sean and DrBeatle like this.
  7. John Fell

I suppose Live At The 10 Spot 1997 is a possibility.

Sean, warewolf95 and bonus like this.
  8. MHP

MHP Lover of Rock ‘n Roll

At the very least, there will be a release of 'Light The Fuse' from Toronto in 2005, since it was part of the Bootleg series.

I figure there will somehow also be a physical release of Brussels Affair.

9. John Fell

Yeah, I mentioned Toronto in the first post. I hear it will be one of the next few releases.

Maybe they will hold Brussels back for a Goats Head Soup Deluxe Edition.

10. Daniel Falaschi

Daniel Falaschi Live detective

The shows from Buenos Aires (both 95 and 98) are highly rated fom those tours, am I right? Why not?

warewolf95 likes this.
  11. John Fell

Does video exist for those? I think they are concentrating on shows that have video for now to maximize the different release formats and profits.

warewolf95 likes this.
  12. Daniel Falaschi

Daniel Falaschi Live detective

For 95 I don´t know (probaly yes), for 98 yes.

13. Dondy

Dondy Forumaniac

Humm, how about a complete 1971 Roundhouse set? They have both shows in their archives, don't they? And I find the tracks from Roundhouse shows we know of a little ...well, "LiveR" than Leeds. Also a complete Altamont would be possible...

14. old school

old school Senior Member

Anything from 1962-1974. All these 8os 90s shows do nothing for me.

15. BlueGangsta

BlueGangsta Forum Resident

Madison Square Garden 69. Yes, that's the Get Yer Ya Yas Out, but I want the complete performances, damn it!

It would also be good to fix up the terrible Brussels release by giving us the first night, rather than mostly the second.

Frankly, I'd just like them to empty out their archive of pre-1975 material. Just do it. The boys aren't going to be around forever - I'd rather they enjoy my money now.

boggs, DougB217, mooseman and 20 others like this.
  16. Richard--W

Richard--W Forum Resident

Obviously, the Stones should release tapes and video of each concert I attended in southern California over the years. Priorities.

17. John Fell

I'm not sure they would ever release Altamont due to the bad vibes. Some of songs played were also not that great due to the "distractions".

ShayL, Sean, Christopher B and 2 others like this.
  18. John Fell

There are audience recordings from both Roundhouse shows but I don't think they are complete. They recorded some shows for a possible live album from the 1971 British tour according to Greenfield's book but I am not sure which ones aside from Leeds and the Marquee Club.

19. MHP

I hear you. However, you should check out Brixton Academy 1995. It's widely regarded as a highlight of the later years. Not official as such, but it can be found on youtube. But I agree we should have more Jones/Taylor shows. However, with Jones, there is lack of quality recordings, unfortunately. :(

20. MHP

There is no need of a fixed Brussels Affair. The original radio broadcast is widley available. I think it was grand of them to offer something unique we hadn't heard before, for the official release.

21. John Fell

The best bet with Jones would probably be releasing the BBC sessions officially.

22. MHP

Indeed.

23. BlueGangsta

BlueGangsta Forum Resident

It's not complete and it could sound A LOT better with some proper mixing/ mastering.

24. KinkySmallFace1991

KinkySmallFace1991 Will you come back to me, Sweet Lady Genevieve?

Say that!

John Fell likes this.
  25. Dave Hoos

Dave Hoos Nothing is revealed

That will do nicely, thank you...

...and as much live Taylor-era stuff as possible!