New Paul McCartney album "Egypt Station" coming September 7, 2018*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by etcetera, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. etcetera

etcetera Forum Resident Thread Starter

2. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

And to add to the Adele connection: Paul's new album, when it comes out next year, will be called "75". ... ;)

tug_of_war, Ludger, dougb222 and 58 others like this.
  3. Ryan Lux

Ryan Lux Senior Member

Greg Kurstin is brilliant but let's hope this is more like "The Bird And The Bee" than his pretty streamlined pop productions.

Claudio Dirani, warewolf95 and Yorick like this.
  4. Jose Jones

Jose Jones Outstanding Forum Member

I thought Paul already did the "New" album?

5. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

Give up on the new stuff Paul........How about either shm sacds of wings catalog or a big fat outtakes set with all the trimmings.
    No extra dough for fluff these days.

6. JLPMacca

JLPMacca Forum Resident

I love Adele, but that perticular pop sound won't suit Paul IMO. But if he likes it, who am I to judge :)

Henley and Yorick like this.
  7. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

He worked with another Adele collaborator last time (Paul Epworth), and it turned out OK...

8. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

I'd love a box set of outtakes too, and I want the Archive Collection completed yesterday ... but I'd never tell an artist to stop making new art -- especially when he's working at the high level that Paul has been.

9. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

So.... all those other 'new album' plans (the guitar symphony, the 'all iPad music apps' album, etc.) are out the window!
    Boo, I say....

10. MaccaBeatles

MaccaBeatles Forum Resident

Oh god. what a bland choice, not a fan of his production style at all. :sigh: I wish Paul would give Nigel Godrich or Giles Martin a call at this stage in his career.

Edit: Eh, i'll give it the benefit of the doubt though. Paul's been quite consistent with most of his stuff since Flaming Pie (Driving Rain aside)

11. paulmccartneyistheman

paulmccartneyistheman Forum Resident

The Paul Epworth tracks to me were the stand-outs from NEW, I hope this is true and not some rumors, I'm thrilled that he will be coming out with new material!

Maybe it's the movie soundtrack album, or is that finished?

12. Arnold Grove

My guess is that this new project is UNRELATED to the animation movie soundtrack. I would presume the songs for the film are for the most part finished.

13. I333I

I333I Forum Resident

Excited that there's new music coming. I hope that he's being realistic as far as hits and sales, and just comes out with another great pop record.

14. Arnold Grove

Coming: yes, eventually. BUT not "coming soon". Hope for 2017.

15. micksmuse

micksmuse Forum Resident

having been so impressed by Adele’s comeback

comeback from what? her album before 25 was massive.

jammincrowe likes this.
  16. paulmccartneyistheman

I think it will be 6 months to a year after the movie, whenever that will be released. It seems when he comes out with something out of his comfort zone, he puts out something right around the corner that is typical Paul

17. Digital-G

Digital-G Senior Member

Awesome news. It doesn't bother me all that he's working with Adele's producer. I think Paul looks for someone to challenge him and help him find new sounds. What the heck is wrong with that? It doesn't mean his album will sound like an Adele album.

It sounds like this album may ultimately have more than one producer though; there a line in the article that say he was initially to produce the entire album but is starting with just a few tracks. I think Paul probably doesn't want another situation where he feels trapped with a certain producer that he's not getting along great with.

18. Arnold Grove

Tentative Schedule for 2016: All of these dates are guesses:

April/May: Flowers In The Dirt Archive reissue
    July/August: Soundtrack for the animation film High In The Clouds (kid films do well in the summer, right?)
    November: Ron Howard-directed Live Beatles film and accompanying CD(s)

That's why I think we'll have to wait until at least 2017 for a new studio album from Paul.

Johnny Reb, forthlin, theMess and 4 others like this.
  19. mando_dan

mando_dan Forum Resident

Yeah, more Wings at Sound outs would be great... Maybe Lond Town alternates? Yeesh.

Fluff? Wings were made of fluffy feathers; listen to Sound and Chaos side by side and tell me where the fluff lives. I and many other agree that his post-1989 work has been almost uniformly excellent.

20. zen

zen Senior Member

Interesting, good news. I liked his work with Kelly Clarkson (Stronger; Wrapped in Red; Piece By Piece) but not Adele (25). I think he'll work well with Paul however. McCartney is more Kelly than Adele if you get my drift. They're both rockers at heart and like a variety of styles on their albums.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
    warewolf95 and theMess like this.
  21. yellowballoon

yellowballoon Senior Member

Will this new production give us Paul circa 1976 or 1982 vocals ? No? Non event- Where's the archive releases instead?

Yorick likes this.
  22. abbeyrdsteve

abbeyrdsteve Forum Resident

23. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Well al I can think of as Pauls answer to Adeles Hello is;
    Hello-Goodbye
    :)

24. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

I hope it will give us his 1965 vocals and 1975 haircut:)

25. paulmccartneyistheman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.