Better Call Saul - Season 2 discussion

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by stereoptic, Jan 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff Thread Starter

Season 2 is slated to start February 15 at 10PM!
    [​IMG]

2. BEAThoven

BEAThoven Forum Resident

Counting down the days... I know there's no accounting for taste, but I connect much more strongly with this show than "Breaking Bad."

Lonson, George P, MartinR and 4 others like this.
  3. Go smoke some meth and you'll be crooning a different tune.

There's nothing like experiential knowledge to fill the head with tonic.

4. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Huh?

melstapler and somnar like this.
  5. psychtrailmix

psychtrailmix Forum Resident

Nice! Thanks for the reminder. I highly enjoyed season 1, can't wait to see what adventures they put Saul through... It's Saul Good Man! haha....

Lownote30 likes this.
  6. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

Thanks for the post and the reminder that it'll be here in a month. Can't wait for the season.

George P likes this.
  7. Spaghettiows

Spaghettiows Forum Resident

I'm hoping they will re-run Season 1 before starting Season 2. It seems like it's been forever since it was shown and it's not on Netflix.

8. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Great show. My favorite line so far: "Slippin' Jimmy with a law degree is like a chimp with a machine gun!"

9. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

My BB and Saul buddy has season 1 tivo'd, so we're gonna do a Saul season 1 run through/binge to get back up to speed for season 2 - can't wait!

Spaghettiows likes this.
  10. Hey, y'all have seen these trailers, right? Time to bury the old thread! Just a few days away.

artfromtex likes this.
  11. sloaches

sloaches Forum Resident

BCS season 1 started streaming on Netflix Feb.1. My son and I are gonna binge-watch it starting today.

Also, The Americans season 3 starts on Amazon Prime on Feb. 16!

12. chili555

chili555 Forum Resident

I believe it now is: https://www.netflix.com/title/80021955

nightstand68 likes this.
  13. Spaghettiows

Spaghettiows Forum Resident

Awesome, thanks for the tip.

14. Hot Ptah

Hot Ptah Forum Resident In Memoriam

I am glad that I watched all of Season 1 again in January (on DVD). I had forgotten a lot of it.

I can't wait for Season 2 to start!

15. Avenging Robot

Avenging Robot Senior Member

I too am one of the ones that prefers this to Breaking Bad mainly because Saul and Mike were my favourite characters from the show.

Here's hoping we see Gus too!

16. Texas in the house!

Yeah, for all of you binge watching Season 1...you're in for a spin! I'm not saying to wait and watch Season 2 all-at-once, but when I went back and binge watched Season 1 on Blu Ray, last weekend, I saw the whole thing through a clearer optic. It was much more cohesive watching it seamless.

I, for one, don't think it's as good as Breaking Bad, but I can see how others do. But Episodes 6, 8 & 9..and maybe 10, of BCS are just as good as anything on BB.

Hot Ptah likes this.
  17. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Word.

18. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

I plan to watch Season 1 again before the 15th.

As far as Gus, I think he's a mess in that nursing home.

19. Avenging Robot

Avenging Robot Senior Member

But we would see a younger, fully complete Gus on Saul...

Deesky likes this.
  20. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

A rewatch may remind you Better Call Saul takes place before Breaking Bad :)

Grootna likes this.
  21. I have no doubt we'll see Gus if BCS plays out pretty much until BB starts. Saul is way connected at that point.

Pinkman seems likely, too, given that it was Jesse who brought Walt to Saul in the first place. This implies Pinkman had some prior experience with Goodman.

The only way we see Walt would be super cameo style, like a nondescript wax job on Saul's car while Walt works at the car wash. Something along those lines, because Walt had not even apparently seen Goodman's commercials. He had no idea who Saul was.

parman and vertigone like this.
  22. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

Very good point. How could I have forgotten Jesse's classic quote " you need a CRIMINAL lawyer", hahaha

23. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

I can't remember though, whether when Walt and Jesse go to see Saul for the first time, there's any indication that Jesse already knows him. He could just be familiar with Saul from his commercials, billboards, etc.... Or hearing about him from other criminals.

rburly and Grootna like this.
  24. Hot Ptah

Hot Ptah Forum Resident In Memoriam

When Jesse recommends to Walt that they should hire Saul Goodman, he says that they need "a criminal lawyer" and then he mentions two drug dealing criminals who had been represented by Saul with good results. It seemed to me that Jesse himself did not know Saul.

Vinyl Addict and EVOLVIST like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.