Good Deals on Other Amazon Sites (Italy, Spain, France, etc.)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by ptijerm, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

Well I emailed them once again today after having had a few previous email exchanges with various customer service reps all of whom I provided the tracking #'s etc.

I must say I was very pleased with the resolution and their willingness to take it up with Italian Post/Customs.

Amazon.it is back in my good graces!!!

FROM AMAZON.IT:

I read your e-mail very carefully and the previous ones with my colleagues very carefully: I am sorry to hear about the issue encountered with your recent returns sent to our Fulfillment Center in Italy and it will be a pleasure for me to assist you.

Thank you for taking the time to write us and bringing this to our attention: further to your message I've promptly checked your orders #xxx-4545081-xxxxxxx and #xxx-5654643-xxxxxxx, other than the traceability information available on the UPSP website for the shipments #xxxxxxxxxxxUS and #xxxxxxxxxxxUS.

I confirm both of them are currently stuck at the Italian customs since December the 7th and December the 10th, 2015: unfortunately, customs clearance procedure is out of our direct control but I've promptly forwarded your feedback to our Relevant department to undertake any useful investigations on this matter.

Regarding your charges for EUR 181,64 requested on the order #xxxxxxxxx for the item "Blur 21: The Vinyl Box", as this delay in processing your return didn't depend on you, I've issued a refund to your payment card which should be processed within 3 to 5 business days. Please note, this doesn't include your bank processing times. You'll see this amount credited on your next statement.

With regard to the order #xxxxxxxxx for the item "The Complete Island Recordings", I've verified you received our reminder to return the item but you were not charged again yet. In this case, I've cancelled the return option for you: this means you won't receive any further reminder in the next days nor you'll be charged one more time for the missing return.

From now on, as stated above, our Relevant department will take care of this customs issue and investigate accordingly to prevent it from happening again in the future.

I hope this e-mail answers your concerns and that you will give us an opportunity to serve you again.

Should you need any further assistance, don't hesitate to contact us by clicking to this link:

https://www.amazon.it/contatti

Warmest regards,
    Laura G.

2. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

Weird how thay wanted to charge you knowing that the return was stuck at the customs...but glad to hear that things worked out fine in the end. :thumbsup:

3. Dave Garrett

Dave Garrett Senior Member

How was the shipping reimbursement handled? Did you have to send them a copy of the shipping receipt indicating the cost? I just received a heavy (5.5 lbs) DVD box set from Amazon Canada today that I'm returning due to damage, and when I filed for a return I got a message on the confirmation screen that they would reimburse approximately $4.50 for return shipping. I assume this was a canned response based on rates within Canada, not international rates - it's going to cost roughly $40 to return via USPS, and UPS quoted almost triple that amount.

I knew that an increase in shipping rates was coming this month, and that UPS and FedEx had both started charging based on dimensional weight rather than actual weight for shipments to Canada, but I figured UPS would be in the same ballpark as USPS. The rate structures were already bad enough previously, but they are simply ridiculous now.

4. Beholdentonoone

When ever I need to return to any international Amazon site I contact them via email and let them know of the problem.

They then send me a return label and have told me to email a scan of the Postal receipt (as well I send a scan of the Customs Form) and they have reimbursed me every time. I believe the same is true for Amazon.ca.

5. Dave Garrett

Dave Garrett Senior Member

It wound up costing just over $50 to ship the damaged set back. I dropped it off at the post office today and emailed Amazon Canada via the web form to ask for an email address that I could send a scan of the receipt to. No more than a couple of hours later, I got a response from customer service that they had processed a refund for the shipping charges, which should show up on my credit card account within 2-3 days. :righton:

6. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

7. Tjazz

8. Beholdentonoone

9. Pigalle

Pigalle Forum Resident

10. Pigalle

Pigalle Forum Resident

11. Beholdentonoone

Amazing prices on both boxes Pigalle especially considering the Blue and Red Decca Sound box was going for BIG money after the 1st press sold out and everyone thought it would stay OOP.

12. Pigalle

Pigalle Forum Resident

13. Pigalle

Pigalle Forum Resident

turnersmemo likes this.
  14. I'll remind Americans that the Euro and British Pound are currently tanking against the Dollar. BREXIT is severely weakening those currencies.

15. Beholdentonoone

16. sennj

sennj I'm slower than I look...

17. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

18. sennj

sennj I'm slower than I look...

Don't want to derail this thread, but I will say that those Stones box sets (and I have them both) were indeed superb--just beautifully pressed vinyl. But so many other GZ pressed titles that I've come across (in other words: paid good money for) have had some serious issues with warps, excessive noise, scratches. etc., etc. No doubt they can do good work, as you've found, and that's why I'm tempted by this box.

Carry on...

19. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

I know it's so crazy that there seems to be very little consistency with others experience with GZ. o_O
    Now, you want to talk consistency? Let's talk Rainbo! LOL!!!! :whistle:
    I just picked up Floyds 'Dark Side of da Moon' a few weeks ago. And after being impressed with a-how great it sounded and b-how absolutely noisy the pressing was :)yikes:)
    I was reminded by a fellow Hoffmanite that it might be from Rainbo and Wah-lah!! Bingo! What's cool about the Rainbo's is that they do get quiter with each cleaning/playing to the point where they almost are perfect pressings. And if anybody missed my post last week in the Floyd thread, the newest Pressing seems to be on 200 gram vinyl. Mine is actually 201 gram. The cover and posters, everything is done well with this one. :goodie:
    the beave

sennj likes this.
  20. Tjazz

imarcq likes this.
  21. culabula

culabula Unread author.

imarcq likes this.
  22. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

MekkaGodzilla likes this.
  23. Kat Records

Kat Records Forum Resident

imarcq likes this.
  24. inspiracy

inspiracy Senior Member

imarcq likes this.
  25. Pigalle

Pigalle Forum Resident

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016