Star Wars: Episode VII

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Bowie Fett, Feb 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

THE FORCE AWAKENS // MARCH 3, 2016

IT’S TRUE. ALL OF IT. STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS IS COMING HOME
    THE LATEST FILM IN THE STAR WARS SAGA ARRIVES ON MULTIPLE FORMATS THIS APRIL, ALONG WITH SEVERAL RETAILER-EXCLUSIVE EDITIONS!
    Star Wars: The Force Awakens is calling to you. And you can let it in this April.

As announced this morning by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Robert A. Iger at The Walt Disney Company’s Annual Meeting of Shareholders, the epic movie will be available to own early on Digital HD and Disney Movies Anywhere on April 1. It comes home on Blu-ray Combo Pack and DVD on April 5. The film shattered box office records upon its debut, eventually grossing over $926 million domestic and $2.05 billion worldwide. Featuring new heroes and villains, along with classic characters, thrilling action, and a heartfelt story, Star Wars: The Force Awakens connected with fans and deepened the mythology of Star Wars. Take a first look at disc packaging below!

Blu-ray Combo Pack

DVD

Packaged with the film is a galaxy of bonus content that will take fans inside the making of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, including an in-depth documentary, featurettes, and more. Secrets will be revealed through extensive footage, never-before-seen deleted scenes, and exclusive interviews with the actors and filmmakers. Bonus features include*:

• Secrets of The Force Awakens: A Cinematic Journey – For the first time, discover the complete story behind the making of The Force Awakens, revealed through in-depth footage and exclusive interviews with the actors and filmmakers in this feature documentary
    • The Story Awakens: The Table Read – Cast members familiar and new reflect on the memorable day they all first came together to read the movie’s script
    • Building BB-8 – See how the filmmakers brought the newest droid to the screen, creating an instant fan favorite in the Star Wars universe
    • Crafting Creatures – Watch movie magic as the filmmakers bring a cast of new creatures to life
    • Blueprint of a Battle: The Snow Fight – Go deeper into the epic, climactic lightsaber battle between Rey and Kylo Ren
    • John Williams: The Seventh Symphony – The legendary composer shares personal insights of his work on Star Wars and The Force Awakens
    • ILM: The Visual Magic of The Force – An insider’s look into the remarkable digital artistry of the movie’s visual effects.
    • Force For Change – Heroes come in all shapes and sizes. See how the Star Wars: Force for Change initiative has united Star Wars fans all over the globe to help others
    • Plus Deleted Scenes
    * Digital bonus offerings may vary by retailer

Note: The 3D version of Star Wars: The Force Awakens will be available later this year.

RETAILER EXCLUSIVES

To celebrate the in-home release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Target, Walmart, and Best Buy are each offering fans a retailer-exclusive, uniquely packaged, collectible version of the Star Wars: The Force Awakens Blu-ray Combo Pack. These limited edition releases, seen below, will be packaged as follows:

• TARGET The Target Star Wars: The Force Awakens Blu-ray Combo Pack comes with exclusive packaging and an added 20 minutes of bonus content, including never-before-seen interviews with Daisy Ridley and John Boyega and a deeper look at the movie’s costumes and weaponry
    • WALMART The Walmart Star Wars: The Force Awakens Blu-ray Combo Pack comes with exclusive BB-8 packaging and an exclusive Star Wars Galactic Connexions trading disc
    • BEST BUY The Best Buy Star Wars: The Force Awakens Blu-ray Combo Pack features exclusive SteelBook Packaging

ohnothimagen and superstar19 like this.
  2. wolfram

wolfram Slave to the rhythm

Seriously, 3D comes later this year? WTF? o_O

3. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Let the milking begin!

4. wolfram

wolfram Slave to the rhythm

Yes, I guess they need to finally make some profit from that film. :sigh:

Whatever, I surely won't buy a 2D only version. Looks like I'll have to wait .

5. Song4U

Song4U Senior Member

Encuentro likes this.
  6. Song4U

Song4U Senior Member

I hope this home trailer makes it on the blu-ray set, pretty cool.
    So there is a deleted scene where Kylo ren comes aboard where Han Solo is? So this means (if they had left this scene in) that the meeting on the bridge was not the first time Kylo and Han would have spoke & met. It would have been the 2nd time. Interesting stuff.

7. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

From what I've heard Ren finds the ship on Starkiller Base and goes on board but Han and the others aren't there.

8. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

Yeah, I'm torn between the standard version and the Target version. I like the standard version for the silliest of reasons: It has the official theatrical poster on the Blu-ray/DVD cover. The Target version has pretty cool packaging as well, and of course, it has an additional twenty minutes of bonus content. I may go with that one.

9. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

Target for me -- bonus content beats fancy packaging every time...

Grand_Ennui, Dr. Pepper and Encuentro like this.
  10. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

Yep!

11. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

I wouldn't be surprised to see a Director's cut in the future.

12. Sean Murdock

J.J. has already said there will be no expanded cuts of SW7 released on DVD/Bluray.

13. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

JJ can say that, sure, but I'd imagine that if Disney realized there was yea money to be made off of diehard Star Wars freaks for a Director's Cut, Disney would give him the order. Especially if he were to get a taste of the profit$...

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  14. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

if he won't do it I'm sure fans will stitch in those deleted scenes one way or another for "The Ultimate Fan Cut"

15. Sean Murdock

The movie has already made over $2 billion -- they've already made back HALF of what they paid Lucas for the entire Lucasfilm property. How much do they need to milk it? I wouldn't count on any Director's Cuts of Ep.7 any time soon. If they want to milk anything, they can dig up the original theatrical cuts of the first trilogy and remaster THOSE for Bluray. Plenty of fans would line up to buy those again.

mpayan and sunspot42 like this.
  16. sunspot42

sunspot42 Forum Resident

I'm almost positive that's gonna happen in some form or another. Fans have been clamouring for it for over a decade now, and it would be fairly easy for Disney to pull together.

If they were really smart, they'd make the originals bonus discs as part of some mega Star Wars boxed set of all the films...

17. Sean Murdock

The only thing that could possibly prevent it would be if George Lucas made it a provision of the Lucasfilm sale that Disney never release the original trilogy in their original theatrical form. Seems extreme, but then again George has gone to extreme lengths to erase the memory of those films... :shake:

18. Lord Summerisle

Lord Summerisle Forum Resident

19. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

Oh, I'd say that's pretty much a given!
    This is Disney we're talking about, they'll milk it for all it's worth, baby!
    I think Blurays of the original theatrical cuts are also a given, probably for next year, fourtieth anniversary and all that. They can't not do it, because again, there's money to be made there. Hell, I'd like to see a re-release of the original theatrical cuts to theaters, even if for a limited time kinda thing.
    And I'm sure if Disney wanted to, they go ahead and do it anyway: "See ya in court, George." Who do you think has better lawyers, Disney or Lucas?

20. JPagan

JPagan Generation 13

What's a "trading disc"?

21. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

Sounds like something akin to a trading card.

22. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

Has anyone picked up the Target Blu Ray Combo Pack yet?

I just read on their website that the bonus content they are offering isn't actually on the discs, but is something you download separately with a code that you receive. That disappoints me if true - not sure I want that edition if that is the case.

23. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

That's really not surprising to me. Seems like a lot of trouble to do a whole separate manufacturing run of discs for one little 20-minute feature.

Aggie87 likes this.
  24. balzac

balzac Senior Member

I think the Target version has the exclusive stuff as streaming-only through the "Disney Movies Anywhere" service, as they have done with other Target-exclusive Disney things ("Good Dinosaur", etc.).

I for once just got the "regular" version on Amazon. I've seen all the different versions, and I think the standard slipcase with black blu-ray case looks nicer than the other versions. (I guess the Best Buy steelbook is nice; but I don't have any of the other SW films on steelbooks, so it's not a "completing the collection" sort of thing).

Aggie87 likes this.
  25. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

I preordered it, but it hasn't arrived yet. I'll check it out when it arrives and let you know.

Aggie87 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.