New Pink Floyd vinyl reissues

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ptijerm, Apr 9, 2016.

1. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Paypal as gift only sorry.

blackg, Clanceman and Slick Willie like this.
  2. Sax-son

Sax-son Forum Resident

Yeah buddy!

3. kendo

kendo Forum Resident

I'm afraid the damage was done over 35 years ago, Millington, when I bought the LP. My "Wish You Were Here" also suffered the same fate but I do have two later heavier vinyl copies of it which got anti-static sleeves, both of which have survived unscathed.

(A nice analogue reissue of "Animals" would be most welcome to my machinery.)

:)

Szeppelin75, Millington and chili555 like this.
  4. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

No way these are new releases with no press coverage at all.

5. Yeah I can't see Pink Floyd being as unorganized and ****ed up as the Kinks are with their recent vinyl reissues

blackg and Clanceman like this.
  6. Faders Up

Faders Up Forum Resident

Amazon is known to occasionally put things up early before announcements. If there's not an official announcement tomorrow, THEN I'd start to worry about the authenticity.

Though I have to admit, only a month and a half before dropping a re-issue campaign of this magnitude is not a good sign.

ptijerm likes this.
  7. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

Does it come with any marbles?

8. Amnesiac

Amnesiac Forum Resident

I think these are most likely legit. Why?

1) They include AutoRip, which is an Amazon feature that lets you get a free MP3 version when you buy a record. AutoRip isn't available for bootleg or unlicensed products.

2) Across various sites these are listed at, they are under the following labels: Parlophone, Warner Music, Plg UK Catalog -- these are all official labels who would be distributing these releases.

3) The OP mentions that Meddle, Atom Heart Mother, and Obscured by Clouds have supposedly been released. This is not true. Amazon.co.uk says they're "temporarily out of stock" but that doesn't mean they ever got any in the first place. Amazon.it has these three listed as a July 1st release.

Here are the EAN numbers for each title. You can search these numbers on Google to find the various sites that have these available for preorder. All of them are available on Amazon.co.jp.

Piper at the Gates of Dawn: 0825646493197
    Saucerful of Secrets: 0825646493180
    Ummagumma: 0825646493166
    More: 0825646493173
    Atom Heart Mother: 0190295997083
    Meddle: 0190295997076
    Obscured by Clouds: 0190295996970
    Animals: 0190295996963
    The Final Cut: 0190295996956
    Momentary Lapse of Reason: 0190295996949

Piper, Saucerful, Ummagumma, and More are scheduled for May 27.
    Atom Heart Mother, Meddle, and Obscured by Clouds are scheduled for July 1.
    Animals, The Final Cut, and A Momentary Lapse of Reason are scheduled for July 29.

I will be VERY surprised if these are fakes or bootlegs, but I don't think they are. We should expect an announcement in the next two weeks if these are indeed the scheduled release dates. A few titles a month sounds like the plan.

Will I buy them? I don't know. I was very fortunate one day when I walked into my local record store and found a near-complete minty collection of early 80s reissues. These would have to be outstanding in order for them to be automatic purchases. Given that Wish You Were Here and The Wall weren't AAA, I wouldn't expect these to be, either. Maybe they'll surprise us.

9. Sounds promising then.

10. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

Nothing on Amazon US though....which doesn't sound right for a major band releasing their catalog in a little over a month. I'm hoping they are the real deal though.

11. Sean

Sean Senior Member

...and scarves for next winter.

Slick Willie likes this.
  12. Maybe they are Pink Fraud albums.

13. Millington

Millington Forum Resident

No, the OP has lost his!:tiphat:

14. Millington

Millington Forum Resident

or even Grey(area) Floyd LP's

Lost In The Flood likes this.
  15. marcob1963

marcob1963 Forum Resident

I recently purchased a NM English first press for (AU)$50.00, about (US)$35.00, so $800 sounds optimistic.

16. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Pink Floyd were never into a big press push roo-ha-ha thing. They just drop the album and collect the millions. Almost like Zeppelin used to do too.

17. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

The folks on the SH forum are saying they can't find NM copies, and been saying it for 8 or 9 years now. So what is their problem?

18. Sytze

Sytze Senior Member

I've never understood why an album by a major artist on a major label couldn't be put in a more protective inner sleeve.

blackg and mr.dave like this.
  19. Perfect sound forever

Perfect sound forever Well-Known Member

What's being a newbie got to do with it? As it happens I have been aware of Steve Hoffman for over 25 years as I own vinyl & CD copies of the Buddy Holly Original Master Tapes. Anyway I clearly remember the words & own LPs with the words Digitally Remastered being stuck on as a USP. I have read the forum a few weeks before joining and I have often read comments like , " Not sure if I gonna buy this this reissue unless it's AAA"

I will be honest with you I cant tell if an album is cut digital or not . All I evaluate is does the album sound good on my stereo?

I have been buying LPs since 1978 & own loads of albums (under 3000) and I was supporting vinyl in the dark days of the 1990s when you went to Hifi shows & no one even demoed on a turntable. So amongst my collection is the full works, AAA, Originals, Digitally Remastered, Dynaflex, 1980s paper thin pressings, 180g, DMM, 45 rpm half speed.

I have heard Air Force One, Kronos , Clearaudio, Avid , Restored Lenco /Garrard & SME turntables so I definitely know what to expect in ultimate Vinyl resolution.

My own TT Gyrodec , Micro Sieki MA77 mk2 tonearm , Audio Technica 150 MLX , Martin Bastin AC Power supply is worthy & all I do is take out the LP clean the LPs lightly with a fibre brush , a gentle magic eraser swipe to my cartridge cue down the arm & enjoy!

20. stagnation

stagnation Forum Resident

I wonder why there is no release date for DSOTM, WYWH & The Wall and Division Bell? Could these following afterwards to give old UMG stock time to deplete?

Plus the fact that there is no big press release (yet) doesn't really bother me, When the single LP versions of the David Bowie 'Five Years' box set came out in Feb / March time there wasn't a big fanfare from what i remember.

Watch this space - i'm sure all will be revealed in time

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
    blackg likes this.
  21. stagnation

I would expect the seller to fly over to the UK and hand deliver it for that price! :D

LitHum05 likes this.
  22. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

The PF albums listed for release on vinyl are the Guthrie 2011 Remasters and the other 4 albums you listed have already been released as from the 2011 Remasters(although not exactly sure about 'The Division Bell' but assume it is). Now I wonder if the vinyl of these albums if bought in the UK, use a better Pressing company than what will be sold in the US, as I thought I heard that the 2011 version of DSOTM that sells in Europe is a little better than the US version, as maybe was Pressed by a better company. Not sure if anyone can verify this though.

23. Wild Frank

Wild Frank Forum Resident

When you click on these now Amazon UK says: "We're sorry. The Web address you entered is not a functioning page on our site". I imagine these may well be bogus.

blackg, Raving Russell and ptijerm like this.
  24. Easy-E

Easy-E Forum Resident

That they seem to think they will find a NM UK album in a record store in the US for $15 (or less) :rolleyes:

25. stagnation

Or somebody has let the cat out of the bag too early before an official announcement.