Monkees Record Store Day exclusives 2016

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by JDistheone, Mar 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JDistheone

JDistheone Forum Resident Thread Starter

The jackets don't have bar codes, they look as close to the original as possible. The slip cover box has the UPC. It's too bad they left off that song, boy that's gonna cost them!

2. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

OK, fair enough. But it's probably wise to not state things as fact without really knowing for sure.

Tom Campbell likes this.
  3. Always wonder when folks criticize prior to listening or watching something. Why bother ?

I haven't heard these but this past year both the Springsteen and Simon and Garfunkel LP sets we're awesome even thought they were all analog

4. radickeyfan

radickeyfan Forum Resident

This nails it!

Peachy likes this.
  5. radickeyfan

yes-this post nails it , too

6. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

So you've heard it then?

7. bmanley63

bmanley63 Forum Resident

I wonder how/if they would replace the Instant Replay LP for people? My box set has no details of which # box set of the limited pressing I own... just a silver sticker saying it is a RSD exclusive. Would they make people send in the effective LP? Would the person making the claim cover shipping costs (safe assumption). If that's the case, the people who wanted to keep the box sealed would be out of luck? If they didn't require purchasers to send in the disc... how could they ever weed out those people making a fake claim.... there is nothing on the box really provides evidence of a purchase.

Just wondering out loud... never experienced anything like this issue before.

8. dasacco

dasacco Senior Member

With the John Lennon box set, I sent them a copy of my receipt and I was sent a replacement LP without having to return the defective one and no shipping costs. It took awhile, though, and there was no communication at all. It just showed up at my door one day about 6 weeks after I told them I had the issue.

BTW, the defect was on the Rock N Roll LP, where one song was repeated on Side 1 and one was left off, so sort of similar to what has been reported here regarding Instant Replay where a song has been left off.

yellowballoon likes this.
  9. bmanley63

bmanley63 Forum Resident

Cool... thanks! I just fished my receipt out of the bottom of my kitchen garbage should the process be the same :=)

dasacco likes this.
  10. JDistheone

JDistheone Forum Resident Thread Starter

Yeah they shouldn't have us mail in the defective disc, as that is not cost effective for them. Save your receipts!

11. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Instant turnoff.
    This should have been at least packaged perfect. The omission of a song is shoddy workmanship, not to notice it missing in manufacturing stage the mind only boggles.

12. vinylbeat

vinylbeat Forum Resident

What was the original retail on this box set? Is $150 or less a decent price for it at this stage?

13. radickeyfan

yes , grab it , a couple of stores I was in Sat , that was the price already. Buy it , it sounds great, you will never any other Monkees vinyl

yellowballoon likes this.
  14. factory44

factory44 Forum Resident

As to "is 150 a good price?": Yes indeed. I paid $130 for it on Saturday, Record Store Day.

15. I wrote them and filled out the form twice. Never got a replacement.

xmas111 likes this.
  16. vinylbeat

vinylbeat Forum Resident

Thanks! I might have a line on one locally for $130 + tax. I already own the mono vinyl box set and all of the original Colgems LP's except "Changes". If these new pressings sound as good as some are reporting, they'll be my "go to" playing copies.

radickeyfan likes this.
  17. ginchopolis

ginchopolis Forum Resident

Does the CD box have the missing track? Weird that they wouldn't cut from the same master.

18. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

I think what happens sometimes, and I have seen it here at SH.TV, is when a new release comes out and it is pricey, it becomes the new "OMG" holy grail, NEW go to version because, well, you spent a boatload of money on it and don't wanna feel like a chump for doing so. The recent Kiss vinyl reissues followed this EXACT line: the individual albums first retailed for $35.00 each, and they were nothing more than digital files thrown onto vinyl, but OMG, the early reviews had folks drooling with pleasure over the $100 they spent on just three vinyls.

If I charge you $15.00 for a burger at a fancy restaurant, and I plop down a Big Mac, you are gonna swear it was the BEST burger you've ever eaten.

19. chacha

Good thing that you have 17 other copies of the album.

20. chacha

Curious if people here generally prefer the stereo to the mono mixes of the Monkees records?

Jane Scranton likes this.
  21. BeatleStair

BeatleStair Senior Member

Lol, ah but a Big Mac is not nearly as fun to put on a turntable as this new box set.

22. BeatleStair

BeatleStair Senior Member

For me it's an album by album basis. The monos pack more punch but the stereo isn't too bad. I'd say first three mono edges out and 4-5 are about equal. Though the mixes are very different for some songs so get both!

23. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

Ask @radickeyfan...he's got eight extra copies. I'm sure he'd love to sell one to you at a fair price.

24. xmas111

xmas111 Forum Resident

I wrote them several times and never received a replacement either......great customer service.

25. yellowballoon

yellowballoon Senior Member

i paid $128.87

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.