New Pink Floyd vinyl reissues

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ptijerm, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

My thoughts exactly. I had to resort to buying "A Nice Pair" to get Piper/Secrets

2. marigoldilemma

marigoldilemma Forum Resident

Oh I do think Piper and SoS will get a reissue on vinyl, just not in the "Early Years" box. The real question in my mind is whether we get the mono Piper, which is better than the stereo in most ways. Mono SoS isn't that different from the stereo, but I'd like to have that too.

3. marc with a c

marc with a c Forum Resident

I don't know. Play "Corporal Clegg" next to the stereo version and get back to me. I think it has a completely different tonality and mood altogether. YMMV.

saundr00 likes this.
  4. Preston

Preston Forum Resident

I read somewhere that playing DMM LPs removes much of what you're describing. Something about dehorning, etc. Sorry I can't be more specific.

5. Preston

Preston Forum Resident

Wouldn't be surprised if he did that on purpose to piss off Waters. :)

telepicker97 likes this.
  6. ArpMoog

ArpMoog Forum Resident

I have some metal dmm double 45 lps that sound excellent indeed.

7. davesmoked

davesmoked Forum Resident

Still no official info...and that amazon offer is weird

8. kayley10

kayley10 Forum Resident

The last thing I'd like to see is an Early Years box set. A nice three or four CD set in a bound book format along the lines of the Piper 40th set. The ideal contents would be a sort of "Beatles Anthology" style set chronicling all the Syd era Floyd studio sessions.

1965 demos
    San Francisco version of Interstellar Overdrive
    Sound Techniques single session outtakes incl. the original Let's Roll Another One
    Piper session outtakes
    Saucerful sessions incl. Vegetable Man, Scream Thy Last Scream and a Syd only version of Set The Controls, Paint Box and other outtakes
    Anything else they can dig out

Preferably, previously released material should be avoided in favour of alternate material.

The BBC Sessions should be released separately with the Gilmour material (unfortunately that probably won't ever be released).

mr.datsun likes this.
  9. marigoldilemma

Agreed, that's the one that is most different.

10. mr.datsun

mr.datsun Incompletist

I just don't understand this comment. The fascination with the Syd era is not more pronounced with any other era of the PF, but less well served. The release of the early years will just balance things out.

abor1g likes this.
  11. elaterium

elaterium Forum Resident

The mono SOS is quite different from the stereo.

12. Pancat

Pancat Senior Member

I've had a message from Amazon stating the release date for Meddle and AHM has been brought forward to 7th-14th May.

jon9091 likes this.
  13. davesmoked

davesmoked Forum Resident

still no official info tho....

14. spintheblack72

spintheblack72 Forum Resident

Me too, I just gave up on finding decent copies of both for a reasonable price and shelled out £40 on Japanese pressing which sounds great.

Vinyl Addict likes this.
  15. Allan

Allan Forum Resident

My 70s UK pressing of A Nice Pair is pretty fantastic too.

Vinyl Addict likes this.
  16. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

I also have some 70's UK pressing of "A Nice Pair", bought it from secondhand-shop last summer and it sounds great, so I won't have hunt down other pressings of the first 2 albums.
    At the moment I got all the studio-albums on vinyl except for the fact that Im missing 2 from the full round of catalogue.
    Those missing ones are "More" and "Obscured By The Clouds", I have seen them on sale many times, but some were already in really poor condition,so I can wait and see if I happen to find some pressings of those 2 albums in great shape with reasonable price (that equation is most likely impossible).
    I got several different editions off all the albums on cd though, so Im already set with Floyd anyways.

Im not too nitpicky on the used PF-vinyl I have bought throught the years, but surely would be nice to have pristine reissues of the whole catalogue (like the ones that came from Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds).
    If Pink Floyd will really do comprehensive vinyl-reissue campaign for all the rest albums in their catalogue (that haven't been reissued for many years) then I might be in for it and hope that they would do great pressings.
    Will be interesting to follow if anything happens and comes up on this matter and also I do still hope that we would get any further experience or immersion editions of the albums dearly needing those releases.
    They must have something left in the vaults that should be released for public like the BBC-sessions etc.

17. Marshman96

Marshman96 Forum Resident

Kscope » This just in from burning shed

18. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

19. stagnation

stagnation Forum Resident

Received the following today for my pre-order of the Animals LP from Amazon UK....

So still looks like things are happening! even though there are no listings on the main Amazon UK website.

20. keiron99

keiron99 Forum Resident

What do they mean by "upgraded"?

Hattipper likes this.
  21. Pancat

Pancat Senior Member

I've had similar vague messages from Amazon including an original estimated delivery date and a new estimated delivery date for Meddle being the same.

22. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

I got a new email about Meddle basically saying they don't have any release date now.

Hello,

We're writing about the order you placed on April 09 2016 (Order# 203-xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxx). We don't have an estimated delivery date for the items below. We'll provide you with periodic updates on your delivery date, and notify you as soon as the items are ready to dispatch.

Pink Floyd "Meddle [VINYL]"

One of our aims is to provide a convenient and efficient service but in this case, we've fallen short. Please accept our sincere apologies.

Both of the original item pages I used for Animals and Meddle now lead to dead pages.

Pancat likes this.
  23. marigoldilemma

If there are no listings, how did you pre-order it?

24. Leviethan

Leviethan Forum Resident

All-analog mono Piper and Scream Thy Last Scream b/w Vegetable Man please!

I've always wished they would release Live At Pompeii on vinyl cut from the master tape. That's my favorite non-Syd Floyd recording after WYWH.

J_D__, Manimal, izgoblin and 2 others like this.
  25. stagnation

stagnation Forum Resident

They were on Amazon UK about a fortnight ago and then the listings disappeared. (see earlier pages of this thread).

ptijerm likes this.