Star Wars: Episode VII

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Bowie Fett, Feb 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hurple

hurple Forum Resident

I know, I was just feeling snarky... :tiphat:

2. robertawillisjr

robertawillisjr Music Lover

:sigh::sigh: It is becoming somewhat akin to Law and Order where you can look at the clock and know what the narrative is. I still watch Law and Order often but it can be predictable. I hoped that they would have "shook things up a bit" while still honoring past narrative paths. Still an enjoyable movie.

3. I'll hit the Google machine tonight and find the article I read a few months back.

4. hurple

hurple Forum Resident

OK. I think they did. That red arm on C3P0 was such an amazing, unexpected change to canon.

:wiggle:

robertawillisjr likes this.
  5. It goes back to gold at the end!

Rhett likes this.
  6. MLutthans

MLutthans That's my spaghetti, Chewbacca! Staff

Better late than never? My wife and I finally caught this in the theatre tonight, and with a surprisingly large crowd for a movie that's been out on dvd/BD for a couple of weeks now. I thought Ms. Ridley did a pretty good job, but not much material to work with, IMO. Lots of re-hashed old crap in new clothing (and I love the original films), with some bad writing and lame acting thrown in. I'd give it two stars out of four, and if you take Harrison Ford out of the picture, one star. Cool seeing Max von Sydow.

My wife liked it more than I did.

Drifter, SixtiesGuy, Solaris and 3 others like this.
  7. FACE OF BOE

FACE OF BOE Forum Resident

I enjoyed The Force Awakens but felt there was lack of imagination in depicting planets. So we have a case where Maz's castle looks like it is in the same place as the Resistance base ie a forest somewhere. Also Jakku was Tatooine mark II. With all Disney's money they could have shown more imagination. Even the prequel films showed more imagination in this area.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
  8. I found an article that mentioned Harrison Ford is on the casting list and filming has begun in Iceland. However, that's not the article I read a few months ago. I'll keep looking and post a link here when I find it.

Grunge Master likes this.
  9. Grunge Master

Grunge Master 8 Bit Enthusiast

Ok! I'm not really trying to argue that he's absolutely not in it; just that I haven't seen anything, and I keep pretty updated on all of the happenings (because I'm a nerd!). And I'd honestly be surprised if he did it, because I always felt that he wouldn't have done it unless Han bit it.

10. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

The story behind the red arm is told in the C-3PO comic book.

11. My memory could be wrong as I haven't been able to find it yet. Weird. I guess it wasn't "widely reported" as I thought. I'll keep looking, though.

12. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

CrazyCatz likes this.
  13. CrazyCatz

CrazyCatz Great shot kid. Don't get cocky!

14. Song4U

Song4U Senior Member

I got the blu ray this past week and was really bummed to find out the the bonus scenes all together only amounted to about 5 mins, I felt kinda cheated because I know there must be more. When I finished watching them I said, heck they could have included those 5 scenes and it would have only added 5 more mins to the movie. Something tells me they are holding more footage for later release.

I also felt "The Table Read" of all the actors together in the same reading room was staged, there is no way Mark H. was reading the entire script and what they did show just seemed like they were being recorded and it just felt staged to me. I did really enjoy "A Cinematic Journey"

I downloaded the Digital HD version using the code inside and it went directly to my iTunes movie library. I know there is 1 additional deleted scene "Tunnel Standoff" I see the picture with the arrow to play it but when I click it all I get is a black screen, then I tried to play the movie and I get a pop up saying "The selected movie won’t play on your display, This movie can be played only on displays that support HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection). I paid for the blu ray so I bought the Digital HD version, I guess this is a monitor issue? I'm using an older Dell Flat screen monitor. Darn I wanted to see that bonus scene too.

15. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Probably. It needs to have a HDCP connection. More obstacles for legitimate customers to overcome - gotta love DRM!

CrazyCatz likes this.
  16. Song4U

Song4U Senior Member

I figured it was something like that, oh well I just went to u tube and watched it, what a bummer that I have it but can't watch it and then have to resort to watching it on u tube...messed up system.

I read today on a star wars site that JJ Abrams said there is many more deleted scenes from The Force Awakens but that they will be released online only but he doesn't know when. Great, probably more stuff they will force into buying online and I won't be able to watch it on my monitor.

17. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

Cool...I'll hold out for the inevitable "fan edit" then:righton:

18. I didn't say what I read was CORRECT, I just said that I read it. It was on a rumors website, so read into that what you will.

19. Groovy

Groovy Forum Resident

Sondek and dprokopy like this.
  20. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

Am I wrong with this theory?(SPOILERS)

The pretty woman(with the black dude), is Luke Skywalker's(secret)daughter. Since he is now toast,
    She will next become The Last Jedi).

Han Solo is not dead, but One with The Force.

No?

21. CrazyCatz

CrazyCatz Great shot kid. Don't get cocky!

^^^ Also who is behind tha Mask of the Stormtrooper(leader/general) is it Hans Daughter Kylo Rens twin sister.. Is Luke Toast?..will Kylo be tha main Villain or is he just a Phantom Menace...

22. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

He will have signifacantly more screen time in Star Wars VIII, perhaps double or more what he had in VII!

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  23. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

So, what, he'll have six minutes of on screen time instead of only three?

24. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

We can only hope! Oh yeah baby!

25. SixtiesGuy

SixtiesGuy Ministry of Love

Basically the same story in my case. I loved the first three films, never saw the second set of three. Episode VII never engaged me the way Episodes IV through VI did. It seemed to be a sequel in the standard motion picture industry vein: a lot more of the same, no surprises. It was also disappointing that Han, Leia and Luke weren't all reunited on screen at some point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.