New Pink Floyd vinyl reissues

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ptijerm, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Telemark

Telemark Forum Resident

Fingers crossed.

Billy Infinity and polchik like this.
  2. Mrtn77

Mrtn77 Forum Resident

If these cost $28 in the US, I dread to think what they'll go for in Europe.

3. marigoldilemma

marigoldilemma Forum Resident

Amazon UK is cheaper, given the current exchange rate. I wonder where the US/UK versions will be pressed.

polchik likes this.
  4. spintheblack72

spintheblack72 Forum Resident

If and I say if they are Analogue I'll definitely consider some of these.

Strange that More is pricer than PATGOD & SOS on Amazon UK.

This would be really good if AAA but those wanting clean pressings either way it's good news for. I seem remember it being said that the tapes for DSOM are in a bad state.

I have the MFSL Half Master if WYWH but if an all Analogue version became available considering this is my favourite album of all time I'd be in with this definitely. Also Animals, I have a UK pressing (not sure which generation) and also the Japanese OBI one.

They'll go some to top the orginal UK Wall pressing but I guess we'll see. I have Nice Pair, Umagumma, Meddle, OBC and TFC on Japan pressings as well and have had been happy with these but individual PATGOD and SOS might be nice.

5. SergioRZ

SergioRZ Well-Known Member

They probably have a mistaken price for "More", it costs the same as Piper and Saucerful from the supplier ;)

Mbe likes this.
  6. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

UK Amazon, ;Piper and SoS £16.99 each. More £20.99 and Umg. £23.99. Just under £80 for the lot with free shipping in the UK. Anyway the covers will be nice and eventually there will be a uniform set of Floyd vinyl available. Every home should have them!

7. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

I'm in for "Piper"....hope a future mono edition is in the cards. Also hope they get around to "Pulse" as that's the only album my vinyl collection lacks.

Larry C. McGinnis III likes this.
  8. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

Depending on where these will be pressed,I may order from UK.

polchik likes this.
  9. Sci-Fi Kid

Sci-Fi Kid Forum Resident

FWIW, I just pre-ordered Piper, SoS, & More from Amazon UK. More was roughly 3 pounds more (17, 17, & 21 respectfully). Maybe its an inside joke. ;-)

But the kicker is, when I got to checkout, the price of each album was roughly 3 pounds LESS, for each album, than was listed (14,14, & 18)! That's $5 less an album!!! So with 5 pounds for 6-10 day shipping my grand total was only $76 US dollars!

$25 a piece for mint Guthrie/Plante 2011 Pink Floyd remasters put to vinyl by Bernie Grundman (and likely pressed at Pallas)? I'm in.

telepicker97 and polchik like this.
  10. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

I called it. The moment I saw the news about the "Pink Floyd Records" imprint, I said this would happen within the year. Not that it was a forecast worthy of Cassandra, but I'm glad to know my gut feeling was right.

11. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

Yes! That's because the UK tax is included in the displayed prices, but since you're outside the UK, it's subtracted at checkout. All that stuff at Amazon UK is cheaper than it appears for us Yanks.

polchik likes this.
  12. SergioRZ

Tax Free for customers outside the European Union, that's how it's supposed to be.

I hope you get a refund for the corrected price on "More" when they eventually correct it (costs the same as the others). ;)

Sci-Fi Kid likes this.
  13. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

Between these and the Prince vinyl reissues, a big chunk of my new LP budget for the rest of the year is gone. And I couldn't be more thrilled.

Sci-Fi Kid and hiddman like this.
  14. Shak Cohen

Shak Cohen Forum Resident

That to me sounds like digital cutting from analogue tapes. If it was AAA, they most likely would have said, "analogue cutting from analogue tapes" or something similar.

I'm sure they'll sound great though..

Gordon Johnson likes this.
  15. SergioRZ

At this price point it would be a miracle if these were AAA... it will be pretty extraordinary if they are, at least, well pressed by one of the good plants (like Optimal). I'm sure the actual cuts are great (Bernie Grundman), but it really depends on the quality of the digital sources they gave him...

16. marigoldilemma

marigoldilemma Forum Resident

I wish they would clarify if the entire set will become available in a single box at some point.

Jerry Horne likes this.
  17. I'm sure it will be, since that's another thing to monetize. But you know how vague they and their management like to be. Sometimes it seems like they leave things on the table till the last moment, so who knows if it's been decided on or not...

18. Zach Johnson

Zach Johnson Forum Resident

Might buy Ummagumma, but hoping to see Atom Heart Mother and Meddle.

YevX likes this.
  19. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

I am in for Saucerful and Piper. My current vinyl for those two is a beat up UK copy of A Nice Pair. I am dreading the next batch, which should be AHM, Meddle, Obscured and DSOTM, all of which are essential.

4stringking73 likes this.
  20. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Resident Ne'er-Do-Well

My thoughts exactly.

21. Farthingscat

Farthingscat Forum Resident

At long last, very good news indeed. I wonder how different theses will be from the 2011 release.
    Gary

22. Shpongle

Shpongle Forum Resident

Good question. I have the 30th Anniversary DSOTM Vinyl. Will the new reissue out perform that?

23. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Forum Resident

When TFC comes, it will be the version with 12 or 13 tracks?

24. Farthingscat

Farthingscat Forum Resident

I have the 3oth edition and numerous other versions (quad, a3, 2011) still not convinced the quality of these do DSOTM justice....
    Here's hoping!

25. Musiko

Musiko Forum Resident

From pinkfloyd.com :

"Pink Floyd Records releases will be manufactured and distributed by Warner Music for the UK and Europe and by Sony Music for North America and the rest of the world."

Wonder if they will be pressed at the same plant? I prefer the Europe pressing to the North American ones, depending on the plant they are usually not so good....

Maybe like the Bowie they will all be pressed at same place? (Optimal, Pallas, other...)

Vinyl Addict likes this.