2016 Paul McCartney compilation album - "Pure McCartney" *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by KaptKopter, Mar 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

I thought all tracks from about 2000 were UNtouched. The last album that has remastered tracks is Flaming Pie. All later albums are NOT remastered.

theMess likes this.
  2. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

Since there's nothing included from Driving Rain it's the same thing.

theMess and Arnold Grove like this.
  3. Arnold Grove

Now I understand. Thanks for reminding me!

theMess likes this.
  4. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Thank you!

5. winojunko76

winojunko76 Forum Resident

[​IMG]

From a Beatles group on Facebook.

theMess, JLPMacca, joeislive and 2 others like this.
  6. jricc

jricc Senior Member

Definitely good to hear about the London Town tracks, for me, they have always had a blanket covering them up.

theMess, Mr. Explorer and the sands like this.
  7. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

hmm kinda cool to read that.

Usually Paul revisits some other stories about the bare-bones studio/pressing plant while working on BOTR or when he was mugged while in Nigeria.

8. sgtpppr84

sgtpppr84 Forum Resident

Top notch small music store chain in New England. Everything is usually very well packaged and ships quickly. Free shipping on orders over $30.

Wingsfan2012 likes this.
  9. SixOClockBoos

SixOClockBoos The Man On The Flaming Pie

Well that's where Suzy and The Red Stripes come from. Good to hear that brother John was directed towards John Lennon in a way.

theMess likes this.
  10. Mamunia

Mamunia Forum Resident

Paul McCartney is about to give us a four-disc compilation of his post-Beatles work – better than he is given credit for, if not quite as good as he’d like to think – which will be doing well to stay in the charts for more than a week.

This paragraph popped up in a recent review of Paul Simon's new album, think it's fair to say the author doesn't see 'Pure' doing much in the charts:shh:

11. gkmacca

gkmacca Forum Resident

Pretty presumptuous of the critic on more than one level!

theMess and Matthew Tate like this.
  12. chickendinna

chickendinna Homegrown’s All Right With Me

Does anyone know if Best Buy is going to carry the 4 cd set? Sorry if this has been discussed, but I don't feel like going through 140 posts. Thanks

13. jimfromny

jimfromny Forum Resident

BB site shows the 4-CD version at $33.99. Indicates that store pickup is "coming soon."

14. djej

djej Forum Resident

Hmmm, I wonder if this means that there could be a special Pure McCartney Best Buy Coming Soon card? What say you @Arnold Grove? :p

Mr. Explorer and theMess like this.
  15. Sordel

Sordel Forum Resident

This set may have done reasonably well in pre-orders but it's aimed at a market that doesn't order in advance: I foresee it doing steady, unspectacular sales at supermarkets all the way to Christmas and beyond.

Fivebyfive likes this.
  16. beatleroadie

beatleroadie Forum Resident

Are there any unboxing/packaging videos of the Vinyl set?

Wingsfan2012 likes this.
  17. Wingsfan2012

Wingsfan2012 Forum Resident

Yes they are carrying it, but the one shown in the Sunday Weekend Ad is the 2 CD set. Also no promo tie-in with Best Buy this time. Must say I am surprised!

18. Wingsfan2012

Great cover as we all said-any word on the booklet? Also looks like the same size as the "New" special edition mini-box

19. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

20. Arnold Grove

I anticipate that there will NOT be any "Coming Soon" card inside the Pure McCartney set. If there is, I will be surprised.

theMess likes this.
  21. Wingsfan2012

It is all relative as most box sets due to cost usually are big gift ideas but don't sell anywhere near a single or double disc compilation. A big selling rock box like Clapton's "Crossroads" or Petty's "Playback" still have sold nowhere near their individual greatest hits CD sets.

However a $30.00 something price tag for a 4 CD box set is a great deal and might lure more "casual" fans to buy. We are all jaded on here..lol but again as this is his first ever post-Beatles box set will draw in some purchases. For many of us, this "event" is long overdue!

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
  22. Wingsfan2012

I agree Arnie, this is not part of the "Archive Series" as has been discussed. This is its own project and its own T-shirt...........I wonder how many of these shirts I will see at Beatlefest Chicago in 2 months? lol

[​IMG]

23. djej

djej Forum Resident

Your lack of enthusiasm is killing this thread!!

theMess, Johnny Reb and Arnold Grove like this.
  24. JLPMacca

JLPMacca Forum Resident

Nice to hear about the great remastering on the London Town and RRS tracks. Can't wait for the archive editions on these :D

theMess and Wingsfan2012 like this.
  25. Arnold Grove

Okay, I repent. Instead, I have revised my opinion. Now, I anticipate that there will 15 "Coming Soon" cards inside the Pure McCartney set. If there isn't, I will be surprised. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.