"Elementary", New CBS Show.

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by tonyc, Aug 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. modrevolve

modrevolve Forum Resident

Wow..I didn't realize it was pulling such bad numbers. Sunday is actually my favorite night of tv between CBS, HBO and Showtime.

2. AJH

AJH Senior Member

Well it was interesting that their first Sunday night show began 35 minutes late (at least on the East coast).

3. Victor/Victrola

Victor/Victrola Makng shure its write

As much as I like Elementary (I watch it every week), I think it's time for it to go. The first half of the show is usually very good with the crime set-up and Sherlock's witty banter with whomever he is talking, but the second half seems to always drag on and on. There's no real 'gotcha' moment in the revelation of the perpetrator, and often the ending is anti-climactic.

4. darkmass

darkmass Forum Resident

May I respectfully suggest that you stop watching Elementary at some point in the near future then? I'd like to continue watching it...and I pretty much enjoy everything about each entire episode.

5. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

I really enjoy this show as well. I don't have trouble with Miller or Noble's voice/accent either. I am glad that it is on Sunday, a less crowded night for me, but do agree that does not bode well for the show's future, more's the pity.

6. One of the very few shows on Network TV that my wife and I actually watch and stay up with. Every now and then there are mediocre episodes, but most of them are good IMO. I would hate to see it go, but not surprised. I hope that the numbers improve enough to keep it going.

It will be interesting to see what they do with Sherlock's dysfunctional love life with the return of Fiona. I can foresee some interesting twists between those two.

7. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

This is what happened with almost every episode of The Mentalist when it was on Sunday nights. It was a right pain the butt.

8. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

This was a good episode, with some funny moments. Loved the "death by waterfall" (heh heh, Sherlock connection) and "I was bitten by a radioactive detective."

darkmass, kevywevy and misterdecibel like this.
  9. Agreed, Sherlock investigating a costumed vigilante going around as a superhero was one of the season's best episodes. Someone in production had a lot of fun coming up with scads of mock comic books and poster art.

kevywevy likes this.
  10. alchemy

alchemy Forum Resident

I'm extremely late to the party. I never watch network TV. On of my daughters back from being overseas for theww years, told me I might like to watch the show. She was right. It seemed almost too quirky for me at first. But thanks to my DVR and all those reruns, I can watch 4 or more shows at one time. I enjoy the show and how it is filmed. I hope it continues on.

11. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

i like the show and hope it continues on.

This week was a very good episode.

12. AJH

AJH Senior Member

I also like the show very much, but knowing CBS, they'll probably cancel it and replace with something like Criminal Minds: Moonbase Alpha.

eddiel likes this.
  13. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

Just received renewal.

14. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

Really happy it got renewed for season 5.

Lonson likes this.
  15. AJH

AJH Senior Member

I'm surprised, but very happy with it being renewed. Let's just hope CBS doesn't keep it in its current Sunday night slot during football season.

eddiel likes this.
  16. PNeski@aol.com

[email protected] Forum Resident

its still worth watching

17. rjp

rjp Senior Member

more CBS news:

CBS isn’t known for its cutting-edge programming, so it’s not too surprising that, out of the 11 renewals the network just announced as part of firming up its 2016-17 lineup, more than half are well-established corners of its brand. Joining the previously ordered The Big Bang Theory and NCIS on CBS’ future slate are The Amazing Race, Blue Bloods, Elementary, Hawaii Five-0, Madam Secretary, Mom, NCIS: Los Angeles, NCIS: New Orleans, Scorpion, Survivor and 2 Broke Girls.

Conspicuously, none of the network’s freshman series are among those renewed – that’s Supergirl, Limitless, Life in Pieces, Code Black, Criminal Minds: Beyond Bordersand the about-to-premiere Rush Hour all left unaccounted for. Given that Rush Hourhas yet to arrive, it makes sense that CBS would be holding off on deciding which of its new series fared well enough in their first seasons to warrant seconds – but Supergirldiehards hyperventilating at that show’s fate being up in the air have some reason to ease up.

“We have five new shows on this year,” CBS Corp. CEO Les Moonves said of the freshman class. “Of those five, I believe all five of them will be renewed, and we own four of them.”

On the returning series front, Criminal Minds and CSI: Cyber haven’t yet received renewal orders – a more worrying sign for the former than the latter. In its eleventh season, Criminal Minds is still a huge hit for the network, but its spinoff is doing solid business, and the network may decide to throw all its eggs in that basket, sending the anchor series off with either a final season or a pink slip (as it did CSI). Cyber is the lone surviving CSI extension, and it would be surprising to see that franchise entirely disappear into oblivion, though stranger things have happened at CBS.

18. How does that terrible 2 Broke Girls manage to survive? I hate that "every line is a punch line" style and most of the punch lines aren't funny! But my mother thinks it's hilarious so I guess that's the answer.

JerolW likes this.
  19. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

I just started watching season 4 (via the CBS streaming site) and I'm enjoying it just as much as all the previous seasons. I think John Noble is a great addition as Sherlock's father.

20. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

21. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

any news if this is renewed ?

22. rjp

rjp Senior Member

still 'on the bubble' as of yesterday.

fitzysbuna likes this.
  23. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

I had read that despite it's domestic performance it was a money maker for them worldwide. I had no idea it was $80M though. This bodes well for renewal I think. I really like the show.

24. I too hope it gets renewed. The awkward start times during the NFL season has to be really hurting the ratings. And really hurting my DVR - it never gets the start time right when football games run early or late.

25. jpelg

jpelg Forum Resident

Still watching & enjoying both Sherlock and Joan.

This season has taken it to a whole new level for circuitous routes to connecting crime & motive.
    Also, the whole Shinwell storyline is tiresome, imo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.