New Paul McCartney album "Egypt Station" coming September 7, 2018*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by etcetera, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

You ARE going senile, Glenn, cuz I'm the one that always points out your failing capabilities! :nyah:

2. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Already four pages based on one unconfirmed rumour. This sure looks promising. Also heard Dylan is recording a new album. Also a new album by forum favourite/Macca collabeator Kanye West next week.
    Kanye keeps up his usual humble persona by claiming it s the best album ever made, performing the whole thing live in Madison square garden and simultaneosly in movie theatres all over the world.
    So many great things to look forward to

Chris from Chicago likes this.
  3. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

No, it's not just you, theres a few other knuckleheads here that do the same.:D

Johnny Reb and theMess like this.
  4. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

That's insulting! I prefer "chowderhead".

5. 12stringbassist

12stringbassist Location: Irrelevance.

He needs a week in Pathway Studios with Nick Lowe to make the perfect Macca album.

let him run... likes this.
  6. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

Notated my good man, notated. Sorry for the egregious mistake. I'm looking at you, you chowderhead. :D

[​IMG]

Johnny Reb, theMess and RayS like this.
  7. scoostraw

scoostraw Forum President

Oh man. This sort of news brings out all the crazies. (and Poor Sick Bastards)

theMess likes this.
  8. johnny moondog 909

johnny moondog 909 Beatles-Lennon & Classic rock fan

I think McCartney writes & records frequently. He's worked with many, many record producers egads! At least what 20-25 ? Since the Beatles ? 30 maybe ? I'm digressing bear with me, Geo Martin, Giles M, Padgeham, Phil Ramone, Godrich, Chris Thomas, Jeff Lynne, Froom, Trevor Horn Glyn Johns, Ethan Johns, M Ronson, Youth, Denny laine, David Foster, Steve Lipson, E. Costello, Neil Dorfsman, Ross Cullum, Julian Mendelsohn, David Kahne, Tommy Lipuma, Richard Perry, Paul Epworth, John Fraser, Brian Wilson, Mark Hudson, Martin Glover, Quincy Jones, Bob Clear mountain, George Michael, Ringo Starr, Bob Ezrin, Stock Aitken Waterman, Kanye West, Linda McCartney, Mike McGear

As that partial list ( above ) indicates to me. 37 listed producers. Its not really much of a surprise that McCartney is cutting a few tracks ( or album ) with Adele's current producer.

alexpop and JDeanB like this.
  9. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

I wouldn't call Denny, Brian Wilson, George Michael, Ringo Starr, Linda McCartney, Kanye West, Elvis Costello, or Mike McGear producers that Paul has worked with. He's worked with them, or even produced for some of them, but none of them were producers for Paul.

Buick6, theMess and Bemagnus like this.
  10. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Absolutely true

11. johnny moondog 909

johnny moondog 909 Beatles-Lennon & Classic rock fan

Well certainly not in the way the role may sometimes be defined. However Brian Wilson did produce Vegetables. Ringo is credited as producer on Walk With you. George Michael is credited as the producer on Heal The Pain & you get my point. The credits say they did.

But even without those, that list, which is incomplete, there are still 30 credited record producers since The Beatles, At least that many.

My point was there is no surprise at all that he is cutting tracks with a hot producer. He's been doing that for years, not always, but often,

12. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

Paul just got interviewed by the Washington Post, and in the interview he has confirmed that he is working on a new album with Greg Kurstin, known for his work with Adele. Here is the interview:

Singing with Gaga, a new box and jelly bean memories: Paul McCartney returns »

He also confirms that he is going through many of his unfinished demos, something that he also mentioned in another interview, potentially including very old demos and song fragments.

He mentions how he will end his tour in October, so that he can work on the album for a potential release next year.

Finally, Paul mentions his songs for the soundtrack to his animated film, and his frustration that the film is holding up the release of those songs, which include his collaboration with Lady Gaga.

13. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

Good news, and dare I say about time?:D

I especially like the part in the interview where he mentions the imminent Archive releases of London Town, Back To The Egg and Red Rose Speedway.*

*Yes, I'm dreaming again.

ccbarr, deany76, Jack Sutton and 9 others like this.
  14. paulmccartneyistheman

paulmccartneyistheman Forum Resident

HECK YES!!! :bdance::pineapple::goodie::bdance:

Thanks Ben, you're my hero for the day!! :righton:

15. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

Ha! It is a funny coincidence because I saw your comment today about how you were itching for news regarding his next album. Thankfully the interview contains great news about the FITD reissue, Paul's animated film soundtrack and his new rock/studio album.

16. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

I'll take any and all new McCartney.

deany76, tages, Jack Sutton and 16 others like this.
  17. CDC

CDC Forum Resident

Wow..a good interview! He was asked about new projects!!! I enjoyed this more than any McCartney interview I've read in years:)

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
  18. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

At least we got good news regarding the bonus Costello tracks and the FITD reissue. Costello mentioned a forgotton collaboration between them recently in an interview, so hopefully that will be included.

19. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

Yes, he was quite chatty about FITD, wasn't he?:D

Should be a decent box.

20. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

I completely agree; the interviewer did a great job, especially regarding the criticism of the 'Pure McCartney' release and how it excluded all FITD songs. At least now we know why.

21. the sands

the sands Forum Resident

Hm. I'm not so fond of the production on "Port of Morrow" by The Shins. It's kind of catchy at first but it wears off. And Adele... It's not my thing. Well well, it's about time he made an album I dislike maybe. ;)

22. Perian

Perian Forum Resident

This guy did a really good job (compared to most interviewers) squeezing lots of new information out of Paul. See, it can be done.

23. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

It just goes to show you how frustratingly bad so many of his interviews often are, full of the same old questions that he has answered thousands of times. As he said recently, he sometimes thinks about lying and answering differently, but of course he can't actually do that because he would be slaughtered by the press.

24. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

Paul has worked with a wide range of producers recently, and got them to produce in ways that you wouldn't always assume that they would (especially Giles Martin on 'New', who produced in the way that I thought Mark Ronson would), so I am hopeful that Kurstin will do a good job.

As long as the production is more like New, Electric Arguments or Chaos and Creation, and less like MAF or Driving Rain, then I will be happy. I would love for this to be very experimental, like a few of the songs on New.

25. the sands

the sands Forum Resident

I hope so. I think Adele is boring to be honest. It doesn't do it for me. Too conservative musically. I know that he likes to sell records and be #1, so... Time will tell. :yikes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.