New Paul McCartney album "Egypt Station" coming September 7, 2018*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by etcetera, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamWes

WilliamWes Likes to sing along but he knows not what it means

Please The Mess, please let us have a Macca Rarities box!!! I didn't even read the interview yet. OLD DEMOS AND FRAGMENTS!!!!!:winkgrin:

Paulwalrus and theMess like this.
  2. paulmccartneyistheman

paulmccartneyistheman Forum Resident

All our prayers have been answered :laugh:

But seriously, how many interviews with Paul give an update on everything?!?! And it's optimistic on every front, man this is GREAT NEWS :D

3. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

I feel the same way; it has certainly cheered me up and made me hopeful for the upcoming McCartney releases.

4. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

I share your desire for a rarities box-set, which would be my no.1 release alongside new music. Thankfully it seems that Paul is merging the two ideas, and finishing unfinished songs that were sitting around. I suppose that at 74, if he doesn't do it now, then he most likely never will. Even Kanye West benefitted from Paul pulling out an old unreleased melody for 'All Day'.

5. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

By the way, you definitely need to read the interview; it is packed full of good answers regarding upcoming projects.

Perian likes this.
  6. CDC

CDC Forum Resident

If it has the Costello tracks it will be the first box set I buy and I'll be more than happy to spend the money:)

athensdrums, Bobby Morrow and theMess like this.
  7. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

Because he has been on such a good run since Flaming Pie, I am hopeful that he won't let us down. His gift for melody never left him, and I am sure that he is sitting on many great tunes (like When The Wind Is Blowing for example) that he can successfully finish and turn into great songs.

I just hope that Kurstin gets him to warm up before recording his vocal parts because he can still sound good when properly warmed up.

tages and Tord like this.
  8. EddieMann

EddieMann I used to be a king...

Flowers in the Dirt...:edthumbs:

theMess likes this.
  9. maccafan

maccafan Senior Member

I hope this new studio album is finally the one where he uses his entire band!

I want McCartney to showcase his band, these guys can sing (I don't think McCartney uses them enough), let's hear some really good co-leads and background singing.

Unleash Rusty and Brian on those guitars, and McCartney handles all bass playing!

I hope this producer understands rock and roll!

Jack Sutton, lightbulb and theMess like this.
  10. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Wonderful McCartney's getting kudos now. New albums took its Flaming Pie time. But. welcome non the less.

11. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

I think that this is a very good idea in the sense that it could help Paul's vocal failings; it would be great to hear harmonies similar to those at the end of New. I would also like Paul to record more prominent bass parts like he did on Driving Rain.

Jack Sutton, AppleCorp3 and alexpop like this.
  12. the sands

the sands Forum Resident

Yeah, I was kind of hoping for a bit more of a band type of album this time and less of a studio production but I will listen to it with open arms/mind... I think. :agree:

theMess likes this.
  13. alexpop

Cut down on the ciggies.
    Some Freddie Mercury opera excorises improve his vocal chops ala Beseme Mucho.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
    Tord and theMess like this.
  14. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Agreed, although it's still a mind-numbingly stupid decision to omit all the Flowers tracks from the compilation. It would've been like issuing The Beatles "1" but omitting "Get Back", "Let it Be" and "The Long and Winding Road" because they were going to be on the next project anyway (LIBN).

Changingman, Paul H, 905 and 5 others like this.
  15. Perian

Perian Forum Resident

Yeah, I don't really get that logic either. I could maybe understand it if the two projects/albums were being released on the same day, but not for releases that are several months apart.

Too bad the interviewer didn't ask about the lack of tracks from Driving Rain. :D

Tord, mrjinks and theMess like this.
  16. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

I completely agree; it really is a poor excuse, and it doesn't make much sense because surely future reissues next year would be just as affected by 'Pure McCartney', yet the compilation did include songs from the remaining studio albums. If they didn't want to include one of the singles, why not just release include 'Distractions', which Paul recently mentioned as a rediscovered favourite when mentioning 'Pure' ironically.

Tord, mrjinks and Perian like this.
  17. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

Somehow I can't see Paul singing like Freddie any time soon. :D

18. alexpop

He used to have a moustache though as well, also partial to light opera. but not the leotards.:)

theMess likes this.
  19. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

Which is a shame, because he would have looked good in a leotard. :laugh:

20. alexpop

Came close with give my regards. :)

theMess likes this.
  21. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere

:goodie:I want another McCartney 1 like album....just sayin....

supermd, Tord and theMess like this.
  22. the sands

the sands Forum Resident

I had a colleague once who used to say that all four Beatles was closet gay. I think he was a Rolling Stones fan. The Beatles was 'pretty girls' and Keith was a true lad. :)

23. alexpop

Have you seen him in drag?
    Have You Seen Your Mother Baby. :)

24. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

I would love for a 'McCartney 3' album to be released, but in order for it to truly be 'McCartney 3', Paul would have to produce it. Still, a stripped down album mainly recorded by Paul would be very interesting.

25. MikeVielhaber

MikeVielhaber Forum Resident

I kinda figured that was the reason. It would've been odd for that to be a coincidence.

theMess likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.