Justice League (2017)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Encuentro, Jul 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident Thread Starter

The trailer was posted in the BvS thread, but the film needs its own thread.

2. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

Looking forward to this one.

Sammy Banderas and Encuentro like this.
  3. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident Thread Starter

The trailer is pretty light hearted.

Sammy Banderas and sparkydog like this.
  4. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

Thank goodness! Darkness only stands out when you can contrast it with lightness.

Stratoblaster and Encuentro like this.
  5. eric777

eric777 Astral Projectionist

I'm in. Its about time DC gets some films going again.

Encuentro likes this.
  6. About time that a little humor creeps into a DC film. I'm all for dark but even the darkest Marvel film had nice humorous bits to balance it out. Really dislike the orange and teal thing though that was in BvS. Hope they go for a different look.

Paper Wizard likes this.
  7. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

So Aquaman now has the Sub Mariner's personality, and the Flash has been turned into Peter Parker? DC really REALLY wants to be Marvel, don't they?

Cousin It likes this.
  8. PhilBorder

PhilBorder Senior Member

I still don't get Aquaman or Submariner, both self important doofuses (doofi?) whose 'powers' will probably require end arounds in the script to accomodate their contributions . 'Toner Cartridge Girl' or 'Reverse Mortgage Man" would probably be more helpful.

9. DLeet

DLeet Forum Resident

or a simple Khal-man ;)

10. Eduardo Denaro

Eduardo Denaro Forum Resident

I was really hoping that Grant Gustin was going to transform from the Flash of the tv series to the Flash of the Justice League. Pretty disappointed in that decision. It helps with the continuity of the universe. Oh well. I'll see it anyway.

11. I agree. Although given that they've cast someone to play Superman as a guest on the "Supergirl" series, I'm not surprised.

12. carrick doone

carrick doone Whhhuuuutttt????

Just watched Batman V Superman and I'm in for this film. Like otehrs have said I welcome the lightness. BVS was so heavy.

These characters have so many long term memories with a very wide base of people it's interesting to lean on them and twist them around. How many film iterations of Batman have we seen now? Even if you take out the terrible nipple Batman there have been so many variations without really damaging the franchise. Batman has no real problem killing people now - fine. Make Flash much younger - sure. Turn Aquaman from the blonde haired swimmer into some Poseiden like Viking? Okay I'm in. I also really like what they are doing with Wonder Woman. I am simplifying but if the story moves along and the characters have some kind of verbal interplay along the way the film broadens it's base and the marketing kicks in to make it worthwhile for a second and 15th film. I can see kids with Aguaman t-shirts walking out of WalMart already. And it is brilliant to introduce Wonder Woman the way they did. Young girls and their moms are going to go nuts over her character as it is just even right now.

It would take a lot to screw it up to end this series at one film I think. This isn't Buckaroo Bonzai or The Shadow.

13. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

I think it would be a mistake to try to integrate the film and TV series continuities. They are so vastly different in tone and approach... it's hard to imagine Benoit's Supergirl or Gustin's Flash living in the relentlessly bleak, violent, dreary, unentertaining world of Batman V. Superman. On the other hand, it seems like a mistake to have Flash play a prominent role in the new film when a completely different version of him is well-known and starring an ongoing series.

14. mattdm11

mattdm11 Forum Resident

From the stereotypical old fisherman on...this looks like another crap fest in the MOS and BvS series.

15. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Can't wait for it.

About time DC started doing multiple members at once.

16. How many times will the same team scorch me before I learn to permanently stay away from their universe? Just as Zack Snyder's reaction to the polarising Man of Steel was to open Dawn of Justice by attempting to address one of its predecessor's biggest issues, creating an even bleaker response in the process that only became more depressing as it reached a bloated climax, now we're expected to believe these same characters would suddenly develop a sense of fun? In that world? By the time a Justice League is being assembled, they should be desperate for someone to put them out of their misery, never mind anyone having any enthusiasm left to protect such a cynical planet! Also, it's clear the absence of "Superman" - if you can even call this version of the former hero such a thing - is clearly setup for the most unsurprising reveal ever. Sure, you could argue that Suicide Squad owes its very existence to Marvel turning Guardians of the Galaxy into such an unexpected smash, but at least it appears to be trying something different from the post-Dark Knight formula that has proved so controversial for DC and WB. For starters, it's got an actual colour palette and a soundtrack that isn't just Hans Zimmer continuing to pursue the mythical brown note while an army of drummers eternally fall down the Penrose staircase from Inception... Please forgive my jaded view, but I'm genuinely more interested by Suicide Squad, which at least has a chance of being something different from what I can tell.

PhilBorder likes this.
  17. I don't know. It appears JL has a lighter tone which would work for those characters from the TV series.

Encuentro likes this.
  18. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Marvel does it though. Although the direct connections between the films and the TV shows have been pretty minimal. I guess the difference is that Marvel pretty much only puts their C-list characters in the TV shows. DC's mistake was putting some of their A-list characters on TV.

19. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

DC still seems to be desperately playing catch-up with Marvel. The Avengers was an event because there was a build-up to it with each member of the team getting their own film first. This has what, two movies behind it (or three if you count the upcoming Wonder Woman film)?

20. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

21. Stratoblaster

Stratoblaster A skeptical believer....

Cool...I'm looking forward to this one as well...

22. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Senior Member

So pumped!

23. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

Isn't Superman part of the JL?

24. After the events of this film's direct predecessor, Superman's (temporary) absence can be somewhat explained, though he clearly won't be missing for too long...

25. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

How about Green Lantern?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.