Princeton area: significant Beatles collection hits PREX

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by BlueTrane, Aug 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

How are they with used CDs?

2. RelayerNJ

RelayerNJ Forum Resident

Thanks for the info. The place looks smaller than prex though.

3. SirMarc

SirMarc Forum Resident

I ran into some more of this guys posts on other threads, and they were also incredibly bizarre.

bluemooze likes this.
  4. hipster006

hipster006 Forum Resident

Double Decker is a vinyl store. occasionally they will have cds thay got in a trade-in and sell them for $1 or less.

5. hipster006

it might be a little smaller but it is much more spacious with none of the crowding in the aisles that Princeton does(usually-saturdays are busy though)

6. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

Actually I would think it being publicized that there is a large Beatles collection available for sale piecemeal would if anything depress prices ever so slightly. Supply goes up, prices go down. Are we allowed to discuss econonics?

tremspeed likes this.
  7. RelayerNJ

RelayerNJ Forum Resident

The crowding is not a concern for I would go during the week, but wouldn't want to travel that far to look at a small collection and come home empty handed.

8. hipster006

i guarantee you will not leave empty-handed! how's that!!

RelayerNJ likes this.
  9. BlueTrane

BlueTrane Forum Resident Thread Starter

Seems like a lost opportunity. Where do all the people in the Lehigh Valley dump their used CDs when they purge them? The trash bin?

10. bluemooze

bluemooze Senior Member

Siren maybe?

11. BlueTrane

They're not in the Lehigh Valley, tho'. This Allentown place should have had all that business, if they were on it.

bluemooze likes this.
  12. radickeyfan

radickeyfan Forum Resident

Cds seem to be dead in the LV area, was there last month, could not find one place that had anything that anyone would consider a worthy selection. Double Decker is a real hit or a real miss for me. I get there 4 times a year or so , 3 strikes were i buy nothing , 1 hit (were I end up spending $100+)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  13. radickeyfan

radickeyfan Forum Resident

PREX , I never get out of there without spending $100 , even if i hit it 3 times in the same week

Gaslight, Comet01 and RelayerNJ like this.
  14. ARK

ARK Forum Miscreant

Which store?

bluemooze likes this.
  15. Arkay_East

Arkay_East Forum Resident

They really are much easier. Big improvement. My main shop uses them and they come off of even the old covers with no damage.

16. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

Welfare Records

ARK likes this.
  17. jimac51

jimac51 A mythical beast.

As some know,I'm in walking distance to DD and find no reason to go anywhere else. Just a note,if you are visiting,the angled parking spaces across the street have strictly enforced one hour signs. The steak shop will call A-town Parking Authority and they respond pretty quickly. DD has about 12-15 spots around the building,but if it is full,street parking maybe a block or so from the building will be hassle-free. So,watch the zoned signs and stay out of Zandy's Steak Shop. BTW, there's a great Mexican bodega with fresh made inexpensive platters across the street from the school and lots of fast food and diners nearby. Come for the vinyl,stay for the enchiladas.
    BTW,while the Beatle stuff over at PREX is all well and good,Jamie got a pretty nice haul of Zappa material from a deceased super fan's estate,including autographed artwork from Cal Schenkel, bio books,and promos. I'm not sure just what is left,but don't be surprised if a long lost treasure is in there. Just check your phone-it's probably priced to sell.

18. BobGilly

BobGilly Active Member

I love Zandy's, some of the best steak sandwiches I ever had in my life , and I grew up in Philly

bluemooze likes this.
  19. VeeFan64

VeeFan64 A 60s Music Kind of Guy

I'm about 40 mins from Double Decker and go bi-weekly. I'd say 3 times out of 4 I leave with something, and usually it's an album I never even knew existed! I'm fairly glad I don't live within walking distance, that's waaay too much temptation. I often wonder though, how much stuff I'm missing out on because someone else has picked through those records already. EXTREMELY fast turnaround in that store.

20. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

I see what you're trying to do. I've spent enough money this month, thank you very much.

(checks distance from home base to Allentown)

bluemooze, RelayerNJ and BlueTrane like this.
  21. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

:unhunh:

22. RelayerNJ

RelayerNJ Forum Resident

I'm an hour 15 ;-)

23. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

About 1.5 hours for me.

RelayerNJ likes this.
  24. BlueTrane

Apple Maps gives me a choice of an hour 12 & an hour 15.
    If someone wants to push me over the edge, tell me they have used ECM vinyl in decent shape at reasonable prices. :ed:

RelayerNJ likes this.
  25. RelayerNJ

RelayerNJ Forum Resident

Road trip!

BlueTrane likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.