Rolling Stone McCartney Interview - "Paul McCartney Looks Back" - Aug. 10, 2016*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by The Hole Got Fixed, Aug 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hole Got Fixed

The Hole Got Fixed Owens, Poell, Saberi Thread Starter

2. Fivebyfive

Fivebyfive Forum Resident

He's given some great interviews lately and this is another good one. For all the folks wondering about the Let it Be film rerelease there's this:

He seems so, I don't know, centered and emotionally healthy these days. Like this bit where he's asked about low record sales:

3. JLGB

JLGB Senior Member

Thanks for that. It would be cool if there was a release titled "soundcheck", or something similar. It would have a pick of the litter of all the great stuff he has done in front of the lucky few throughout the touring years.

supermd, Kermit27 and theMess like this.
  4. The Hole Got Fixed

The Hole Got Fixed Owens, Poell, Saberi Thread Starter

It's a great interview.

Atmospheric, Chemguy and rstamberg like this.
  5. DeYoung

DeYoung Forum Resident

You mentioned the Let It Be film. Is there any chance it will ever be rereleased?
    I keep thinking we've done it. We've talked about it for so long.

What's the holdup?
    I've no bloody idea. I keep bringing it up, and everyone goes, "Yeah, we should do that." The objection should be me. I don't come off well.

It suggests that, with the Beatles' work, you are not as in control of the legacy as people would assume.
    Apple [Corps] is a democracy. I'm one of the votes. The Beatles stuff does itself. Someone will say, "Ron Howard is interested in doing a film." I get to say yes or no. My preference is yes – he's good.

Does it have to be a unanimous decision – you, Ringo, Yoko Ono and Olivia Harrison?
    Yeah. That's the secret of the Beatles – can't do three to one. During the breakup was when it got screwed up – we did three against one. But now it has to be unanimous. The two girls are Beatles.

6. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Two "girls" lol. Paul is funny.

Paul: "Maybe if you'd sign off this way, Liv."

Olivia: "Ill sign off however you want me to. Or I wont sign off at all. However you want me to sign it, Ill sign it."

Paul: "Sign what? ..Oh, oh, yeah the film. Wasnt that released?"

Ringo: "Let It Be, Pauly"

Paul: "Im doing me best to, Ring"

Olivia: :sigh:

Yoko: :rolleyes:

7. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

"Girls"?........
    Yoko's like, what,.... 93?!?!

Paulwalrus, John Grimes, Ivan and 3 others like this.
  8. Kevin55

Kevin55 Forum Resident

9. vince

Poor Paul.... doesn't even know "Let It Be" is not released!!!
    Jeez... if he stopped TOURING for like a day... !

Paulwalrus and Rhett like this.
  10. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

He knows. He is just being sly. There will be announcement of the film version of "Let It Be..Naked" soon.

And if you think those noise reduction methods were scarey....

11. vince

How 'bout an 'audience participation' version, where there will be cues on screen to let the audience start chanting, "FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!"

johnny moondog 909 and theMess like this.
  12. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Two words...four virgins.

13. Haristar

Haristar Apollo C. Vermouth

Interesting. As Paul isn't shown in a great light in the film, I assumed he would be objecting its release, but apparently not.

So I wonder who's stopping it from being released? Olivia because it shows George being unhappy? Ringo because it's a period of his life that he'd rather not relive?

14. the sands

the sands Forum Resident

Pretty good interview. Conceptually it's much the same he often does with talk about The Beatles and the latest projects and not so much what's between.

Paulwalrus and theMess like this.
  15. Fivebyfive

Don't read too much into that. It's just a generational thing. Many people over 50 refer to men and women as "boys" and "girls" in casual conversation. In the same interview Paul calls Ringo a "lovely boy." I'm in my mid-50s and on vacation last week with a group of folks in their 50s and 60s we all said things like "the boys are going golfing" (before anyone gets offended: none of the "girls" wanted to golf).

Paulwalrus, theMess, marcb and 3 others like this.
  16. Fivebyfive

Or Yoko because she and John look drug addled in the movie?:shrug:

17. ConnieGuitar

ConnieGuitar Here in my balloon...

That is a great interview - I'll definitely pick up a copy off the newstand.

I like how he sounded effusive about - yet then neatly sidestepped answering - the idea of touring in smaller venues.... Do it already, man!

18. Yovra

Yovra Collector of Beatles Threads

"

Well, there was 1981-release, but that was an era when The Beatles were that age-old band. Aside from possible damago to the band's image it's almost fitting to the bad karma surrounding that whole project from the very start. For McCartney it must be a low-priority project well behind his live-tour, his own re-releases and the upcoming great "Sgt. Pepper's at 50!" re-release-project in the summer of next year. (JUST KIDDING!)

19. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

I became a Beatles fan in 64 and have stayed one although I don't listen to them as much as I used to. I'm glad that Paul is still out there doing what he loves to do. I haven't bought a solo McCartney album in ages but I might finally get around to buying New.

20. HarvG

HarvG Senior Member

Thanks for posting - it was a good read. Glad to see Paul in the place he is.

theMess likes this.
  21. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Yeah, but my jokes dont work with your explaination. I cant go with it.

:D

22. DmitriKaramazov

DmitriKaramazov Senior Member

"It's fossil rock," McCartney cracks, "but it's exciting. Definitely gotta ring Neil, say, 'What do you reckon, man?'"

:D

Fivebyfive and theMess like this.
  23. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

I have the same problem at times... ;)

theMess likes this.
  24. Arnold Grove

Paul should call his next album Fossil Rock. It would be a great title.

theMess and DmitriKaramazov like this.
  25. Arnold Grove

Coming Soon: Fossil Rock:

[​IMG] ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.